Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 12:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
We have a winner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
The above breaks down to "Racism be ours, Whitey can't have any of it"
She's correct.

If you'd actually bother to read up on the definitions and differences between prejudice, bigotry and racism, you'd know that.

But, you know what they say about ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 12:25 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If you don't adulterate statistics, numbers show what they show.
They do show what they show......and that is the problem isn't it?

Old 11-30-2015, 12:27 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
She's correct.

If you'd actually bother to read up on the definitions and differences between prejudice, bigotry and racism, you'd know that.

So explain the holocaust?

Old 11-30-2015, 12:32 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Big deal, some sales people didn't get commissions that day, which means they may have to cut back on other expenses (to the detriment of whoever it was that they would have otherwise spent their earnings on). And the stores earned less revenue, which means less sales-tax income for the City of Chicago.

But yeah, sure, go ahead and block the stores. After all, I care so much more about some criminal getting what he had coming to him than I care about buying presents for the people I love.
Obviously you believe this is only about that one guy, and only about blacks, so there is really nothing further to say. I already stated I believe their cause is more important than one day of shopping, and I already stated why.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So are you saying that there cannot be institutionalized racism if the victims are white? I'm sure those white farmers who were chased off their land by the government-backed squatters in Zimbabwe will be relieved to hear that.
O.M.G. The word institutionalized removes it from application to ANY individual, and applies it to whites as a group. As a whole, whites here ARE the race in power, so while there may be individuals who are victims of racism, whites as a group are not systemically discriminated against by the group in power , simply because we ARE the group in power.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:37 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Why don't you give us your definitions and differences since implied here you are an expert on matter. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say, and especially what the meaning of the R-word to you.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Just who is giving the cops their marching orders? You think it is some star chamber setup?

Liberals run Chicago. The Mayor is an Obama offspring.

This is what happens when liberals start to eat each other.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:54 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Address it how, exactly? How is protesting drug dealers and gangs going to change anything? They protest where there is potential for change, and there is only potential for change if you can get the entity you're protesting to agree to concessions...you think drug dealers are going to bow to the pressure of a protest??

They live with danger on a daily basis, you think they don't care? You think they like risking their lives just walking their kid to the playground? if there was some solution that they could apply I'm sure they'd be the first to do it.

So blocking innocent business owners from making a living is equally as effective??? I still want to know how capitalism killed him. Jesse Jackson isn't in the hood protesting black on black crime and I don't know, maybe asking the national guard to come into the "war zone" to help protect the innocent kids killed by black on black crime. Where's the outrage? From my point of view disrupting innocent lives to protest a police officer killing a black kid is a waste of time, except for Jackson and his constant need for media attention. I would have more respect for him if he was in the hood protesting black on black crimes which receives a shrug and an oh well mentality. To me it's hypocritical. Drug dealers and thugs are not going to bow to protests, you're right, however it may spark change in the community to stop protecting this mentality. Come on Jesse, I dare you. Go stand in the hood arm in arm and disrupt businesses in the hood. Yeah, I'll hold my breath. In the mean time go protest at city hall and the police department for 16 days and make more innocent lives suffer. Yep very effective. The law is the law and despite popular belief the police are held accountable when they murder someone. It's just way more fun to sensationalize it and blow it all out of proportion. In the mean time another black teen was gunned down by another black youth yesterday. It was all caught on camera. Who's cares enough to talk about that?

Old 11-30-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Just who is giving the cops their marching orders? You think it is some star chamber setup?

Liberals run Chicago. The Mayor is an Obama offspring.

This is what happens when liberals start to eat each other.
This is hardly unique to Chicago, there have also been several cases of police misconduct in red states and cities. Why would you think only liberal cities have corrupt police departments, it doesn't even make sense?

Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So blocking innocent business owners from making a living is equally as effective??? I still want to know how capitalism killed him. Jesse Jackson isn't in the hood protesting black on black crime and I don't know, maybe asking the national guard to come into the "war zone" to help protect the innocent kids killed by black on black crime. Where's the outrage? From my point of view disrupting innocent lives to protest a police officer killing a black kid is a waste of time, except for Jackson and his constant need for media attention. I would have more respect for him if he was in the hood protesting black on black crimes which receives a shrug and an oh well mentality. To me it's hypocritical. Drug dealers and thugs are not going to bow to protests, you're right, however it may spark change in the community to stop protecting this mentality. Come on Jesse, I dare you. Go stand in the hood arm in arm and disrupt businesses in the hood. Yeah, I'll hold my breath. In the mean time go protest at city hall and the police department for 16 days and make more innocent lives suffer. Yep very effective. The law is the law and despite popular belief the police are held accountable when they murder someone. It's just way more fun to sensationalize it and blow it all out of proportion. In the mean time another black teen was gunned down by another black youth yesterday. It was all caught on camera. Who's cares enough to talk about that?
It is effective because here we are still talking about it. THAT is the point. I addressed black crime in an earlier post, there is nothing any protest can do about thuggery. THIS though they can effect change hopefully. ALSO for the millionth time this is NOT about black people, this is about every taxpayer in Chicago who pay salaries and taxes to a police department that shield's its own and erases security tape footage and lies and pays a cop's salary for a year before the tape is ordered to be made public and he's finally charged.

No one is suffering because they have to put off their trip to Cartier for a few days , you are way over-dramatic IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events