Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 08:25 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Why don't you give me examples of those that did. Start with the ones that occurred on black Friday.

El Nox
I am not talking about Black Friday. I am talking about protests that disrupted daily living and commerce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 08:27 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If the victim were white, where would the institutionalized outrage be? Would the media be an advocate? We all know the answer to that one.
You need institutionalized racism and discrimination in order to have institutionalized outrage, at least in the way you are turning the discussion. By definition, that can not happen when victims are white.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:33 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Take about spinning facts. Your statement is a hyperbole and a half. For starters, tens of thousands of black males aren't murdering each other each year. To be more precise tens of thousands of Americans aren't murdering each other.

This is the national murder rate per 100,000 from 2000 - 2014.

2000 - 5.5
2001 - 5.6
2002 - 5.6
2003 - 5.7
2004 - 5.5
2005 - 5.6
2006 - 5.7
2007 - 5.6
2008 - 5.4
2009 - 5.0
2010 - 4.8
2011 - 4.7
2012 - 4.7
2013 - 4.5
2014 - 4.5
Current population of the United States: 322,000,000 (approx.).

United States murder rate per 100,000 (2013 and 2014): 4.5

Total projected murders based on statistics above (2015): 14,490.

You were saying?

Quote:
Murders overall have been declining. What is never mentioned is that murders have declined nearly a whole percentage point during the Obama administration.
What does this have to do with Obama? Overall, violent crime rates have been steadily decreasing since we stopped adding tetraethyl lead to gasoline. However, that does nothing to explain why the leading cause of death of black males between the ages of 15 and 34 is murder at the hands of another black male. This is not the case with either whites, Asians nor Hispanics.

Quote:
You mean like the clueless conservatives who interfere with the rights of legal abortion providers to offer their services uninterrupted?
So because a bunch of religo-nutters shut down your local abortion clinic, you think it is a-ok to interfere with anyone else's life you choose to as a result?

That's some whacky logic you're using, pal.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:36 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You need institutionalized racism and discrimination in order to have institutionalized outrage, at least in the way you are turning the discussion. By definition, that can not happen when victims are white.
We have a winner.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:

Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,308 times
Quote:
The above breaks down to "Racism be ours, Whitey can't have any of it"

Old 11-30-2015, 09:01 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, it is a shame American citizens have to resort to protest to get justice and a system that works for the people instead of only working for their own fellow cops. I think this is just a tad more important then shopping.

You wouldn't feel that way if you were a retail salesperson who gets a commission, and your livelihood is impacted on the busiest day of the year.

Or would you like to blocked from entering a business? Doubtful.

Go to the mayor's house, go to the police union headquarters, go to the main police station.

I grew up in NY, I remember as a kid when the Concorde was going to fly into JFK, protesters go in their cars to shut down traffic so travelers who had nothing to do with the Concorde missed their flights, even a as a kid I thought "how is this going to gather support, your p**sing off people who might have supported you".

Bad way to protest.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:09 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You wouldn't feel that way if you were a retail salesperson who gets a commission, and your livelihood is impacted on the busiest day of the year.

Go to the mayor's house, go to the police union headquarters, go to the main police station.

I grew up in NY, I remember as a kid when the Concorde was going to fly into JFK, protesters go in their cars to shut down traffic so travelers who had nothing to do with the Concorde missed their flights, even a as a kid I thought "how is this going to gather support, your p**sing off people who might have supported you".

Bad way to protest.
I hardly think that a group of people who are protesting because some guy was prevented from randomly slashing tires cares about other people.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:22 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Bad way to protest.

Supported THEM? People keep acting like this is a black issue, like corrupt police departments are okay as long as they only negatively affect blacks? I think everyone in Chicago should be concerned, and if they are more concerned with the newest Elmo doll than a police department that's transparent and accountable, shame on them.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I hardly think that a group of people who are protesting because some guy was prevented from randomly slashing tires cares about other people.
Let us not forget this armed lowlife was also whacked out on a dangerous street drug that has a storied reputation for causing unreasonable, violent and psychotic behaviour in those who use it.

Just once I'd like to see the black community come up with some martyr that doesn't have an extended criminal history for violent behaviour, gang activity and/or drug abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events