Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 02:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
All the store owners had to do was arm themselves with canisters of bear repellent and this story would have appeared much different in the media. Perhaps that is the route they should take going forward if this kind of moronic protest continues.

The alleged victim wasn't out xmas shopping for his family and minding his own business when the shooting occurred. He was hopped up on angel dust, acting in an aggressive manner while brandishing a knife and was shot to death as a result. Why is anyone defending this scumbag?

On another note, it should become much more interesting when the cop gets exonerated for simply performing his duty as an officer of the law. The only thing he did wrong was not spending enough time at the range. He wasted sixteen rounds when only two were actually required. Then again, dopers on PCP have shown a tendency for almost superhuman fortitude while under the influence of the drug so maybe sixteen was the right call after all.
Congratulations, you fail to realize that your attitude and mindset is the very reason why BLM protests, and why they choose the venues they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 02:21 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It is not about this one perp or this one cop. How many times can I say that? it is a tax-payer funded system that is not working for many of the citizens of this city, and they have a right to protest that. Again, IMO everyone who lives and pays taxes in Chicago should care about this.

Seems to work out fairly well for those who don't get into issues that require a Cops presence.

Doesn't give these clowns the right to block traffic and affect the ones that don't give a crap about their protests for criminals and thugs. Actually, when they blocked highways, I was hoping some one would run over them. If you want Public support, you don't screw with the Public. And don't support Thugs and Felons.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Congratulations, you fail to realize that your attitude and mindset is the very reason why BLM protests, and why they choose the venues they do.

Congratulations, you fail to realize that your attitude and mindset is the very reason why we dislike these Thugs, and the way they go about promoting Criminals, and then you don't know why we feel that way.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Here is the issue i have with the situation, and much of it has to due with media exposure. Lets use this case. I am not goting to remotely even try to defend the cop. based on the small amount of information and data that is out there, it would appear initially that this cop screwed up royally, i think we both can agree on that. i believe where the disconnect happens is the relatability. I would be willing to bet the majority of us dont get jacked up on PCP, running down a main city block, waving a knife at PO's....now before you overreact and claim i am advocating this man got shot, i am absolutely not doing that.... to "Keep it Simple () Stupid is as stupid does....if you put yourself in a bad position, why in the hell are you shocked when a bad thing happens. Lets take another high exposure media example....Ferguson Mo, Michael Brown....we heard "gentle Giant" and "college kid"....how he was "executed" by some rogue cop....how did that play out....a menacing bully rips off a convenience store, assaults the owner, approaches a cop, punches a cop and then reaches for his gun (those are all facts, not opinions)....but we are shocked that this young man got shot? So, while i would agree with you that there may be some bad apples on every police force, i will disagree when these protestors cry out there needs to be major overhauls

This

Old 11-30-2015, 02:27 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
It is effective because here we are still talking about it. THAT is the point. I addressed black crime in an earlier post, there is nothing any protest can do about thuggery. THIS though they can effect change hopefully. ALSO for the millionth time this is NOT about black people, this is about every taxpayer in Chicago who pay salaries and taxes to a police department that shield's its own and erases security tape footage and lies and pays a cop's salary for a year before the tape is ordered to be made public and he's finally charged.

No one is suffering because they have to put off their trip to Cartier for a few days , you are way over-dramatic IMO.
you over-estimate it. I put it along the lines of click bait ads. Simply annoying and after a while you can't stand them.

Why is it called BLM and not something like taxpayers matter if that is the case? Poor people matter?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Congratulations, you fail to realize that your attitude and mindset is the very reason why we dislike these Thugs, and the way they go about promoting Criminals, and then you don't know why we feel that way.
Thugs? Who are the thugs? BLM protesters/protests are non-violent. Opportunists took the liberty to riot and loot under the guise of BLM. Most reasonable people understand that.

You and the above poster wished bodily harm on the protesters for exercising their 1A right, so who are the thugs, again?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:32 PM

50,751 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Here is the issue i have with the situation, and much of it has to due with media exposure. Lets use this case. I am not goting to remotely even try to defend the cop. based on the small amount of information and data that is out there, it would appear initially that this cop screwed up royally, i think we both can agree on that. i believe where the disconnect happens is the relatability. I would be willing to bet the majority of us dont get jacked up on PCP, running down a main city block, waving a knife at PO's....now before you overreact and claim i am advocating this man got shot, i am absolutely not doing that.... to "Keep it Simple () Stupid is as stupid does....if you put yourself in a bad position, why in the hell are you shocked when a bad thing happens. Lets take another high exposure media example....Ferguson Mo, Michael Brown....we heard "gentle Giant" and "college kid"....how he was "executed" by some rogue cop....how did that play out....a menacing bully rips off a convenience store, assaults the owner, approaches a cop, punches a cop and then reaches for his gun (those are all facts, not opinions)....but we are shocked that this young man got shot? So, while i would agree with you that there may be some bad apples on every police force, i will disagree when these protestors cry out there needs to be major overhauls

First off, PCP was not found in his system. There is another thread, the autopsy results are back and no drugs were found in his system. Second, I saw this video and the guy was nowhere near close to the cop, there was NO reason I could see to shoot. 3rd, the cop himself has a long line of complaints against him.

But 4th, that is not the point, this one man's character is not the point, the character of this one cop is not the point. The actions of the department as a whole are the point, the fact that they had to be sued to release the tape, the fact 86 minutes of security footage that happens to correspond with the time this incident took place is vanished into thin air is the point, the fact that he lied, which is obviously clear in the tape, and other cops at the scene covered for him is the point. The fact their entire plan was pay off the family and never let the tape see light of day is the point. The Blue Wall is the point. It has to end, not just in Chicago but across the country, where ALL colors are victims to it.

This is not black vs white, BLM got in black cop's faces too. It's about the institution of police (not police as individuals) versus citizens, and the violation of rights and dereliction of duty that only a small minority perpetrate, yet the system as a whole covers for and shields.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
First off, PCP was not found in his system. There is another thread, the autopsy results are back and no drugs were found in his system. Second, I saw this video and the guy was nowhere near close to the cop, there was NO reason I could see to shoot. 3rd, the cop himself has a long line of complaints against him.

But 4th, that is not the point, this one man's character is not the point, the character of this one cop is not the point. The actions of the department as a whole are the point, the fact that they had to be sued to release the tape, the fact 86 minutes of security footage that happens to correspond with the time this incident took place is vanished into thin air is the point, the fact that he lied, which is obviously clear in the tape, and other cops at the scene covered for him is the point. The fact their entire plan was pay off the family and never let the tape see light of day is the point. The Blue Wall is the point. It has to end, not just in Chicago but across the country, where ALL colors are victims to it.

This is not black vs white, BLM got in black cop's faces too. It's about the institution of police (not police as individuals) versus citizens, and the violation of rights and dereliction of duty that only a small minority perpetrate, yet the system as a whole covers for and shields.
And yet, despite all of that, you still have people defending the cop's actions, excusing and justifying the PD's actions and even going so far as wishing bodily harm on those that protest otherwise.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:49 PM

1,069 posts, read 712,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
All of a sudden, the 99% is "concerned" with billion dollar corporations' profits and upper class people being able to body slam each other for discounted veggie steamers and blu-ray players, because of those pesky attention seekers having the audacity of exercising their 1A right.
i only quoted a part of your post in the name of space, i just dont want you going all conspiracy theory on me, screaming how i cherry picked your post....the reason i picked this part, is me personally, i have an issue with it....i will counter with 99% of those shoppers out there werent concerned with big corporations profits. 99% of those people were concerned with their own lives being impacted....if those snooty upper class folks wanted to body slam each other for a discounted veggie steamer, THAT IS THEIR RIGHT TO DO SO!!!! Please tell me you are not that self absorbed that you feel that you get to tell everyone else what is important and what is trivial. i will play devils advocate by saying your right to protest ends when you impact my right to access my discount veggie steamer. Because YOU feel your right to protest is more important than my shopping schedule, doesnt it make it so

Old 11-30-2015, 02:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
427 Murdered in Chicago so far this year. Almost all of them Black and murdered by other Blacks.

Wonder why those Black lives don't matter to "Black Lives Matter".

2015 Chicago Murders - Timeline - DNAinfo.com Chicago

Because in the grand scheme, they really don't. If they did they wouldn't be killing each other, would they? They might be out in the streets trying to prevent it all rather than killing each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events