Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:43 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

So i'm to believe all the reports i read in the media concerning warmest temperatures on record around the globe are all lies?
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Many of the world leaders meeting in Paris to discus Global Warming are all being deceived?
No, they are the ones who are using this chance to take advantage of you.

Quote:
And behind all the lies and deception are the scientists who are supposedly perpetrating a giant hoax on humanity?
No, wacko environmentalists who pay the scientists lots of money to come up with whatever result they want them to. Hence the proof when they were busted tinkering with temperature data numerous times.

Quote:
Quite amazing that all the major scientific communities that study weather and climate say man is causing an abnormal rise in the Earths heating and cooling cycles,yet Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever:says ‘Global warming is a non-problem’ and all the righties take his words as gospel and call all other sources of data on the issue lies...
Not one person has proven that man has caused any measurable climate change. Your reaching a conclusion they haven't proven. Look it up yourself and see the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 12:44 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
No, the "cult members" are the deniers of global warming. They're the ones disagreeing with the vast majority of environmental experts, the EPA and even other types of scientists.

"We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming." And that's really what it comes down to, doesn't it?
What it comes down to are all the people(hello Al Gore), making a killing cashing in on the global warming hysteria.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times

That link from Britains tabloid The Daily Mail is rather at odds with all other headlines claiming record high temperatures around the world,
The comments under the long winded article give a clue to its dubious accuracy Eg;=

Quote:
johnnyunsu, Montreal, Canada, 3 years ago
This article is a complete misrepresentation of the data collected by the Met Office's Hadley Centre. The Met office has refuted the claims this article has made and accuses its backers of cherry picking data to meet their politically motivated agenda. In effect a blatant lie. Anthropogenic Global Warming is real and the temperature will continue to rise as humans continue to release CO2 into the atmosphere unabated. Dr. Jones is in agreement. Dr.Curry a trained climatologist now towing the line of the fossil-fuel industry has lost her way and disgraced the profession of scientists. Her claims are flawed and incorrect.
As for your opinion justanokie that Man isnt causing the global warming issue? Thats the debate and we have proponents on both sides of the issue, what isnt in question is the fact that the Earth is heating up.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...ing+is+manmade

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence

State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

We can go round and round with this debate with the usual outcome of agreeing to disagree.
Difference being what are the consequences of you being wrong and man just continues on status quo with respect to our climate.
Or me being wrong and we discover we've spent a lot of money to clean up our atmosphere/climate.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:38 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,912,106 times
If they were actually concern over global warming, then they'd be looking at a solution that we already have, nuclear energy. It has almost zero emissions. But they aren't looking at it. AGW is nothing but a scam for more government money.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:59 AM

276 posts, read 338,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
(Yawn...) I'm still not arrogant enough to believe that I can (or did) change the weather.
I can change the weather!

I can make it rain by going camping.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
I'm not a climatologist and have done no research into the field so i am left to believe what those scientists in the field tell us eg;=
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring...al-warming.php

Excerpt=

IMO people who bring this level of study to the issue are more plausible/believable than those few who use only opinion and rogue agendas to refute the findings of the vast majority of the scientific community.

I do not believe "experts" whose salary or research is dependent on the same governments that want a particular outcome for political reasons.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Umm... I hate to be the bearer of common sense here, but they are using a PHYSICIST to pooh pooh on Climate science. That'd be akin to relying on a Chemist to deny the Theory of Evolution, or a Biologist to crap all over the Theory of Relativity.

That is no worse than calling "Bill Nye the science guy" a climatologist.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I can't believe people are still denying AGW. Global temperatures keep rising along with CO2 levels. What to do about it (assuming we can) is a whole different discussion. But facts are facts.

Plants breathe CO2 and emit O2. Humans and animals breath oxygen. How is that a bad thing????

Old 12-01-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosec View Post
I can change the weather!

I can make it rain by going camping.

I can do the same thing by washing my car.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Just wait, some member of the goon platoon will figure out how to link violence involving use of guns to climate change.

Didn't Spike Lee already do a movie about that? "Do the right thing?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events