Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:48 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
This is the only way that some of these "leaders" can get in the same room with the real powerhouse nations.
Weak Tea!

They are no more in the room that when they attend the regular meetings of the UN General Assembly.

Quote:
Most are there because they will be on the RECEIVING end of money flowing from richer nations.
So the Climate Change Hoax is an invention by small underdeveloped nations to scam the developed nations, whose scientist are in on the scam with the underdeveloped nations.

You follow the money, I'll just try not to follow your attempt at logic.

Quote:
Not one dime will be spent to upgrade their pollution standards. It is nothing but a wealth transfer from clean countries to polluters who have no intention of wrecking their economy.
With the exception of India, very little money is flowing from the top 10 emitters of climate gases which are... drum roll... China, the U.S., the EU, India, Russia, Indonesia, Brazil, Japan, Canada and Mexico.

Considering the danger that rising sea levels pose to underdeveloped nations, you'd think that they come to these conferences to freaking beg for the rich nations to just stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This is a MONEY scam. Wealth transferred from rich nations to poor, by the trillions.
Again, a global scam by poor nations to fleece money from rich nations, the same rich nations that pay billions of dollars in research money to scientist so that those scientist can help poor nations fleece rich nations.

Even for reactionaries that some mighty convoluted logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 12:55 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
It is interesting that 150 of the world's leaders are meeting at this time to discuss climate change. 150 leaders representing the the entire political spectrum, leaders of developed nations and those that are emerging economies. Nations from all across the globe with wildly divergent ecosystems, from tropical rain forrest to frozen tundra. There are even nations represented that won't even sit across from each other to end violent disputes but who are attending a conference on climate change.

Well if climate change is a hoax, it is the greatest hoax ever perpetuated across the breath of humanity.
Quote:
Weak Tea!

They are no more in the room that when they attend the regular meetings of the UN General Assembly.

SNIP
Confused?

Old 12-01-2015, 01:05 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
The "vast majority" may agree that man-made climate change is possible, but how many of them believe it's an "imminent threat" to the existence of the human species?

A 2 degree Celsius increase by 2050? Says who? What if I say it's 0.2 degrees by 2250? What if it's 0.02 degrees by 3050?

Yes.

Climate Change is really a religion. Can't see it, can't prove it, but you just know it's there and if anyone disagrees call them blasphemers and deniers!
These warmist cult members love to use the word "denier" in a not so subtle attempt to equate global warming, or climate change, or whatever they call it today to holocaust deniers. Utterly vile on so many levels.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:22 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
All the climate change people make claims that something will happen long after they can be called to account for their claims.

It used to be the magical and mythical "within 20 years" until many of those making the claims were still around and in enough of the public limelight to be questioned about what they claimed.

Now it is 50 years. Why? Because in 50 years, none of them will be around to be questioned about their claims.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:31 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,147,058 times
Quote:
It is interesting that 150 of the world's leaders are meeting at this time to discuss climate change. 150 leaders representing the the entire political spectrum, leaders of developed nations and those that are emerging economies. Nations from all across the globe with wildly divergent ecosystems, from tropical rain forrest to frozen tundra. There are even nations represented that won't even sit across from each other to end violent disputes but who are attending a conference on climate change.

Well if climate change is a hoax, it is the greatest hoax ever perpetuated across the breath of humanity.
Name me five of those "politicians" that actually have a science background and could coherently understand the actual science behind the controversy. Just five.

I'm waiting...

The fact that you talk about these politicians as leading the crusade to thwart the AGW crisis is telling. I wonder how many actual scientists will be there? Not heads of departments that were once researchers 20 years ago, and whose job nowadays is basically, well... a politician for there university/research group/ think tank. I mean actual scientists.

And here's food for thought for you... Many of those same aforementioned politicians - and some of the leading scientists - state that we are past the point of no return.

I'll say that again for those of you who don't read for comprehension... They assert that we are already past the point of no return and cannot stop it!

IOW, we've blown it and can't stop the runaway greenhouse effect. If so, anyone willing to start a list a solutions they will publicize after the conference? Let's start...

(And I don't mean a list of solutions to reduce greenhouse gases, as - remember - we're beyond stopping it now. I mean a list of things we will begin immediately to adapt to the changing climate and prepare for the oncoming disaster. I am talking about the very specific details outlining
  • how and when we will start evacuating the coasts.
  • when will we start evacuating those so-to-be-flooded islands
  • who will be providing the air and sea transport to do so
  • where will these displaced peoples go?
  • how much will the worlds' governments be providing in food, shelter, etc., for these people
  • when will the Army Corps of Engineers start building levees in and dikes around Florida, New York, California, etc.
  • Where will the Louisiana residents move to and when will they start?

Do you get my drift?

But none of these things will be mentioned, nor will anything even remotely similar to this list be developed by them. The only thing they will discuss is CO2 reduction, which of course, has already been determined "by consensus" cannot be stopped, as the "science is settled" about this. Watch and see... the only thing to come out of this conference - besides millions of tons of additional greenhouse gases by the attendees and their luxury transportation - is more promises (that aren't binding) to reduce CO2 gases (but only for those countries already developed) and a promise (i.e. bovine excrement) by the developing nations (China,India, etc.) to reduce theirs by an indeterminate amount in the unforeseeable future, but which will never happen, as the next conference will see changes in their plans.

But again, their plans are to lower the gases that are supposedly past the point of no return and cannot be fixed.

This isn't science... this is politics at its best. Which mean Jack ***** will get done, it's a Godd@mn circus and anyone with at least 6 brain cells to put together knows it.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:00 PM

5,897 posts, read 6,102,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
The "vast majority" may agree that man-made climate change is possible, but how many of them believe it's an "imminent threat" to the existence of the human species?

A 2 degree Celsius increase by 2050? Says who? What if I say it's 0.2 degrees by 2250? What if it's 0.02 degrees by 3050?

Yes.

Climate Change is really a religion. Can't see it, can't prove it, but you just know it's there and if anyone disagrees call them blasphemers and deniers!
I think a key point is what do the majority of scientists agree upon?

Do they agree that there has been a general warming trend from the start of the industrial evolution to present day (general trend, there can still be ups and downs along the way)? Probably, yes.

Do they agree that humans are responsible for the majority of the increase in CO2 levels since the industrial revolution? Probably, yes.

Do they agree that gases like CO2 and methane have a warming effect? Probably, yes, as this can be measured relatively easy in a lab.

So on those points there probably is a strong consensus, but that doesn't mean there's a strong consensus on all the other claims being made related to climate change.

Now to the trickier questions

How much of a temperature increase would be expected as a direct result of increases in various greenhouse gases? Actually there is probably relatively strong agreement here, and I suspect the answer would be a moderate amount, which could potentially be somewhat troublesome but unlikely an existential threat.

The more tricky part of the "how much warming" question is how much indirect warming would there be due to various feedbacks? There are some feedbacks which are positive, others which are negative, and the question is what happens when you add all of them up, will there be more warming or less warming than what would be expected as a result of the direct consequences of higher greenhouse gas levels?

That last point is also what makes it trickier to determine how much of the warming that has taken place up until now has been due to greenhouse gases vs other "natural" cycles.

And then if we are able to predict a given amount of warming overall, what will the consequences of that warming be?

Warming won't be even everywhere, so which areas will see more and which less? Will warming be mostly in the winter? Summer? Both? Day? Night? Both? Ground level? Stratosphere? Tropopause?

How much will the oceans warm and which parts? Or will it be mostly just the atmosphere? How will ocean circulation patterns be affected?

How much will sea levels rise?

How will precipitation patterns change? Will there be more droughts? More precipitation allowing for more lush vegetation? Does depend on the location and which parts of the world will be affected how?

Will there be more devastating storms? Or less?

How will warming affect the spread of diseases?

How fast will ecosystems be able to adapt to whatever changes come their way?

So there might be a strong consensus on SOME of these points (at least the first ones) but I highly doubt there is a strong consensus on ALL of these points. And yet many of these points are important to deciding how we should respond, not just the first ones.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:42 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Good responses here. Glad to see so many realize that the AGW hustle is nothing more than a plan to steal money from the good and productive countries and lavish it on the backward savages, after the useless scientists get their cut in the form of endless grants to study nothing and come up with reams of toilet paper masquerading as valid data.

The environmental-industrial complex cannot succeed on the merits, cannot design anything of value that people want to buy, and so, need to push their agenda with political power and the use of force.

Climate change is a hoax, a scheme, a scam, and a plan. More and more people are finally starting to realize it.

Follow the money. Follow the money the scientists are getting to continue endless and eternal proclamations of armageddonism. Follow the money that they are trying to steal from the developed countries and hand over to the 3rd-6th worlds. It's not about the environment, it's about redistribution of wealth. New wrapping paper, old gift. New packaging, same tired old hackneyed statism-collectivism.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 12-01-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 10:15 PM

5,897 posts, read 6,102,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Good responses here. Glad to see so many realize that the AGW hustle is nothing more than a plan to steal money from the good and productive countries and lavish it on the backward savages, after the useless scientists get their cut in the form of endless grants to study nothing and come up with reams of toilet paper masquerading as valid data.

The environmental-industrial complex cannot succeed on the merits, cannot design anything of value that people want to buy, and so, need to push their agenda with political power and the use of force.

Climate change is a hoax, a scheme, a scam, and a plan. More and more people are finally starting to realize it.

Follow the money. Follow the money the scientists are getting to continue endless and eternal proclamations of armageddonism. Follow the money that they are trying to steal from the developed countries and hand over to the 3rd-6th worlds. It's not about the environment, it's about redistribution of wealth. New wrapping paper, old gift. New packaging, same tired old hackneyed statism-collectivism.
I still don't see how the 3rd-6h world countries are to blame though. They're not the ones giving out grants to the scientists, that would be the 1st-2nd world countries' governments.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:03 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I still don't see how the 3rd-6h world countries are to blame though. They're not the ones giving out grants to the scientists, that would be the 1st-2nd world countries' governments.
They are to blame for taking part in the scam. The United Nations is essentially an international body of redistributive welfare. It is set up to fleece those who have acted virtuously and productively for the unearned and undeserved benefit of those societies and countries that haven't, won't and probably never will. Countries whose primary allegiance is to primitive mysticism and destructive tribalism.

It's a big scam of a guilt trip, with the 1st (and best) world giving up its virtue and engaging in self-immolation at the altar of altruism-statism-collectivism.

The mechanism is stated quite nicely here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1XkGKQ&cad=rja

The environmental-industrial complex is just one tool in this effort. And climate change is the favored way to bludgeon the productive societies and punish them for their virtues: productivity and creation of wealth.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:30 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,215 times
ugh, some people on this board are scary. everyone talking about money, money, money, while the biggest problem here is all the troubles global warming is causing. seriously, has no one noticed how this year has been completely crazy? the warmest!! i'm 20 and it's the first time i see this. it's scary to see so many people saying it's all lies, that nothing has been proved, where do they live? under a rock or something? global warming is everywhere, even here in my small town of the southwest of france! the world i live in is really going down, so down... ugh.

i just hope that there is some people out there who care enough for the future of their kids and all the generations to come next to do something about this. talking is good, actions are better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events