Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 07:49 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,413,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dont need a citation. The draft covered every male of age 18 to what 25 to register. Can you honestly say all of those boys were fit for the military? Not arguing that generally men aren't physically stronger and probably emotionally more capable than women, but there are definitely many young men who were drafted in the past that were no more or less capable than the average women. I actually know a couple young men who tried to join but could not get through basic.

And Im not so sure capability was the reason women were kept from combat for thousands of years. They were kept from many things for thousands of years and not because they were not capable.

I don't have any experience with women in the military so I cant speak to their performance, but if the crap should hit the fan that we need a draft to protect this country I have no qualms with women in combat if they are capable. And if my life and liberty counted on it as long as they could pull a trigger or throw a grenade I dont need them to be a super hero.

Im not concerned with breeding capacity. There are more than enough humans on this planet. China's population is over a billion, over 19% of the world population, and they have had a one child policy for about 30 years. I could also guess that if a draft were to take place a whole bunch of those women would become pregnant, no need to go to Canada.

Almost all able bodied young men can be whipped into military shape. Can we say the same for women? Are we going to waste resources drafting women in a time of dire straits but not full on USSR? Due to the washout and injury rates women are much more expensive to train.

THe crap would need to hit the fan severely to justify drafting women. If it is merely a world war like we experience in the 40s it would not be logical to kill off so much of our breeding capacity. If we were in the USSRs shoes being invaded it probably would.

How do you get around the logistical challenge of a major portion of your draftees getting pregnant instead of deploying?

Who cares about people on the planet? Would you like American dominance in the world to be compromised because of a political point when it was not necessary? I could care less how many people are in Africa, we need to protect our population health in order to protect our strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Almost all able bodied young men can be whipped into military shape. Can we say the same for women? Are we going to waste resources drafting women in a time of dire straits but not full on USSR? Due to the washout and injury rates women are much more expensive to train.

THe crap would need to hit the fan severely to justify drafting women. If it is merely a world war like we experience in the 40s it would not be logical to kill off so much of our breeding capacity. If we were in the USSRs shoes being invaded it probably would.

How do you get around the logistical challenge of a major portion of your draftees getting pregnant instead of deploying?

Who cares about people on the planet? Would you like American dominance in the world to be compromised because of a political point when it was not necessary? I could care less how many people are in Africa, we need to protect our population health in order to protect our strength.

When these women are given their innoculation shots during basic, one should be to prevent pregnancy. No more wasting taxpayer dollars to train a woman who gets knocked up the week before they are scheduled to be deployed somewhere they don't want to go.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
When these women are given their innoculation shots during basic, one should be to prevent pregnancy. No more wasting taxpayer dollars to train a woman who gets knocked up the week before they are scheduled to be deployed somewhere they don't want to go.
If global war is upon usthe pregnancy rate goes up before being drafted. I am not talking about post draft pregnancy but pre draft. If you could get your spouse out a draft by getting her pregnant, never mind that fact that you want to leave a legacy, would you?

We cant manage to manage pregnancy of active duty volunteers never mind draftees.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:57 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,390,954 times
Quote:
Can we say the same for women? Are we going to waste resources drafting women in a time of dire straits but not full on USSR? Due to the washout and injury rates women are much more expensive to train.

THe crap would need to hit the fan severely to justify drafting women... .
We had need to find away to devise combat training for women. If both genders are deemed capable of fighting, then both genders must face the possibility of a draft. I dont want to explain to the family of a killed male conscript that while other humans were deemed fully equal for combat, they were not quite that "equal" in regards to being drafted.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
We had need to find away to devise combat training for women. If both genders are deemed capable of fighting, then both genders must face the possibility of a draft. I dont want to explain to the family of a killed male conscript that while other humans were deemed fully equal for combat, they were not quite that "equal" in regards to being drafted.

Fighting is not the problem for the most part. The physical labor that inevitably comes with fighting is. Particularly rucking, where a huge portion of female injuries come from.

Digging a hole is not a training issue. Carrying a ton of sh** is not a training issue.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:22 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
If that draft ever does come for women, get ready for the largest population explosion since the end of WWII.

There will be pregnant women everywhere.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:23 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:

Well we dont know if all women can be whipped into military shape, do we? As it stands are both genders required to pass the same training in basic? If they can pass and are seen fit there is no reason not to fight.

Your worried about our government wasting resources? ha. How often in todays wars due we rely on hand to hand combat? Is physical strength that big of a issue? I'm asking, IDK. It seems modern warfare is largely pull the trigger. Again, Id rather have half arsed in shape body that can pull a trigger than no body.

The pregnancy issue is one I have brought up before on this topic. I think it will be an issue. Not only an increase in pregnancy but what to do with the already born children. Do mommy and daddy both get drafted. What about all the single mothers.

Americas' dominance in the world is already compromised. Our population is not nor is it ever going to be in danger.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well we dont know if all women can be whipped into military shape, do we? As it stands are both genders required to pass the same training in basic? If they can pass and are seen fit there is no reason not to fight.

Your worried about our government wasting resources? ha. How often in todays wars due we rely on hand to hand combat? Is physical strength that big of a issue? I'm asking, IDK. It seems modern warfare is largely pull the trigger. Again, Id rather have half arsed in shape body that can pull a trigger than no body.

The pregnancy issue is one I have brought up before on this topic. I think it will be an issue. Not only an increase in pregnancy but what to do with the already born children. Do mommy and daddy both get drafted. What about all the single mothers.

Americas' dominance in the world is already compromised. Our population is not nor is it ever going to be in danger.
We know a whole lot about whether or not women can be whipped into shape from current wash out rates. The answer is they cant.

Physical strength has little to do with combat and everything to do with combat logistics. Trigger time is yes not that psychically demanding. Rucking digging manual labor involved in combat is a MAJOR issue. Injury rates are obscene.

There is a reason managed forests with healthy populations only allow bucks to be hunted unless they are trying to reduce population numbers.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Bad move...
Most female police officers are worthless in one man patrol units... The military isn't any different

Most females I worked with in the military were worthless in any job requiring more than minimal effort

Males don't need to be around women in combat zones ..they need to be focused on the mission

More obamanation

Can women do it... Sure..that doesn't mean they should...

Death is true equal opportunity
Yeah, I'm sure they were worthless. Has nothing to do with the chauvinistic attitude certain men have, now would it?

Old 12-04-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yeah, I'm sure they were worthless. Has nothing to do with the chauvinistic attitude certain men have, now would it?
Was it mens bad attitude that causes the high injury and wash out rate in the armed services or is it physical reality?

Should women just carry less gear? Have men carry their gear? Have men dig their holes and do their labor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events