Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 06:38 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I believe they already have the information on the washout rates of women vs men under the same conditions. Sure, there are some women that will pass the same rigorous tests, but if a significant number of potential soldiers fail to improve during basic training then the cost for that demographic goes up. It also means that replacements in combat will take longer to reach the field at a time they will be needed the most.

In civilian life, if you are short handed you just have to work harder. In the military, being short handed can get you killed.
How do we know if it women have never been in combat positions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 06:40 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do we know if it women have never been in combat positions?
We already know that women fail basic training at very high rates, even under lower standards. We know that hardly any women have been able to pass Marine Boot and zero women have been able to pass IOC. We know that women have a much higher injury rate than men in the military, despite their previously 'soft' roles.

We know quite a bit already.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Women have been trained and effective in many hostile situations, possibly better than men in some fields. Let them excel at what they do best and make them winners. Don't put them where they will fail and risk a whole lot of lives because of it. In the name of gender equality. We were not created the same. We cannot do everything men can do. They can't do everything we can do. Why is that so hard to accept?
What specific training can help a woman carry a heavy load and dig ditches as effectively as men?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Quote:
There is a right to be on the front lines when you are serving in the forces/ and are FEMALE.. I am ex army and this is no swim team. Why do you care?
I have serious misgivings about women in frontline service, in the trenches so to speak. Not all women are capable of the physical demands of living and fighting in that environment. Women have many talents the military needs and they're very good at such as communications and supply. Play to the strengths of the sexes. That's whats best for all.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I know, I know, what will you do for entertainment if you can't make fun of *******s. I'm sure you'll think of something. Sadly though, I'm right. Unless I way miss my guess, you do not have a net worth in excess of $50M USD. That makes you my comrade. We have a common enemy: the uber rich. Left/Right, Liberal/Conservative, Republican/Democrat. Meaningless twaddle. Tell the truth, what materially changes for you with all the various changes of the guard that you have seen in your life? Materially, I said.
Where in the world did you get any of that to imply such things about me?

Old 12-05-2015, 03:30 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,689,543 times
"How do we know if it women have never been in combat positions?"

One of the first woman Navy fighter pilots is now a commentator for Fox News. The US Navy is the only navy in the world that operates off carriers at night. It isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be easy. Now consider going to sea for five months out of touch and sitting on the bottom of the ocean with limited privacy. Nature would take its course.

To address the question above, Russia and Israel probably have the most experience with women in front line experience. Israel's wars are always brief. They win very quickly or die. Russia's wars are wars of attrition. I save quotes. Some are thousands of years old and some are simply from my friends. My shortest quote is from one of my door gunners: "War sux".

There are some extraordinary women in this world. They have proven that. However, it will be very expensive to adapt the military to meet women's needs and the failure rate will be very high. Our young people in college today need "safe zones" on college campuses where they can be safe from ever hearing an offensive WORD! Our young people today are obese and very weak compared to prior generations. Many high schools do not even have physical education. We are unable to recruit qualified people to serve in our armed forces. Our Army is smaller today than it was in 1939. We are in decline as a nation. We simply cannot afford to try new gimmicks with poor chances of success.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:39 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
"How do we know if it women have never been in combat positions?"

One of the first woman Navy fighter pilots is now a commentator for Fox News. The US Navy is the only navy in the world that operates off carriers at night. It isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be easy. Now consider going to sea for five months out of touch and sitting on the bottom of the ocean with limited privacy. Nature would take its course.

To address the question above, Russia and Israel probably have the most experience with women in front line experience. Israel's wars are always brief. They win very quickly or die. Russia's wars are wars of attrition. I save quotes. Some are thousands of years old and some are simply from my friends. My shortest quote is from one of my door gunners: "War sux".

There are some extraordinary women in this world. They have proven that. However, it will be very expensive to adapt the military to meet women's needs and the failure rate will be very high. Our young people in college today need "safe zones" on college campuses where they can be safe from ever hearing an offensive WORD! Our young people today are obese and very weak compared to prior generations. Many high schools do not even have physical education. We are unable to recruit qualified people to serve in our armed forces. Our Army is smaller today than it was in 1939. We are in decline as a nation. We simply cannot afford to try new gimmicks with poor chances of success.
Not true. There were less then 200k in 1939. The National WWII Museum | New Orleans: Learn: For Students: WWII by the Numbers: US Military

Today there are over 500k. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army

Old 12-05-2015, 03:42 AM

465 posts, read 418,590 times
Anyone that has a clue knows that women will do just fine. Women have participating for years already.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:44 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,018,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Anyone that has a clue knows that women will do just fine. Women have participating for years already.
Except for a small number, most women who have been in combat have been in it because they have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:58 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Except for a small number, most women who have been in combat have been in it because they have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yes, shooting back is different than upholding the other associated responsibilities of an infantryman, tanker or gun bunny. That being said I still think that there is a place for women on mission top secret special forces type operations. There is just no need to force the physically weaker on a gun crew and then declare that she will get help humping bullets when staffing is being cut, by design or enemy fire, leaving her gun non mission capable because of the lack of one soldier's strength.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events