Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 05:26 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Islam is amazing - a haven for mad dog mass murderers -and- peaceful spiritual peoples.
The trick is to figure out which is which
So true, the extremes are baffling. A peaceful religion that spread by the sword and whose founder was a Slaving murderer who married a 9 year old. To hold both of those images in your head creates a permanent duality in a persons brain. A friend of mine who left Islam described it as being honest and a liar at the same time

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-07-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 06:09 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So true, the extremes are baffling. A peaceful religion that spread by the sword and whose founder was a Slaving murderer who married a 9 year old. To hold both of those images in your head creates a permanent duality in a persons brain. A friend of mine who left Islam described it as being honest and a liar at the same time
And to fear Islam is "unreasonable" and a mental disorder?
. . .

Old 12-07-2015, 10:58 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You need to QUALIFY those generalities with limitations--
ONE son in the Farook family becomes anti-Israel and anti-Jewish...other members went to same mosque and haven't become radicalized...

Tashfeen Malik moved from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia, became exposed to more radical Muslim theology and likely became radicalized before moving to America...

Not all members of either family belong to same Muslim fanatic theology...
THANK YOU.

Of course parentologist shows their bias in the types of examples he/she chose to use.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Islam is one of three Abrahamic religions.

1. Islam
2. Christianity
3. Judaism

A friend of mine who became atheist described Christianity as a brainwashing cult against women and minorities. GUESS THEY'RE ALL LIKE THAT! Seems like a logical conclusion!

Old 12-08-2015, 03:29 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Islam is amazing - a haven for mad dog mass murderers -and- peaceful spiritual peoples.
The trick is to figure out which is which.
You could say the same thing about other religions. Adolf Hitler and Mother Teresa were both Roman Catholics. Pol Pot and Tenzin Gyatso, the current Dalai Lama, were both educated in Buddhist monasteries.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:38 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Islam is one of three Abrahamic religions.

1. Islam
2. Christianity
3. Judaism

A friend of mine who became atheist described Christianity as a brainwashing cult against women and minorities. GUESS THEY'RE ALL LIKE THAT! Seems like a logical conclusion!
There is a 4th one; Baha'i.

Most persecuted religion by Muslims. It is not recognized as a religion in Iran. Muslims are Bahaiphobic.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
There is a 4th one; Baha'i.

Most persecuted religion by Muslims. It is not recognized as a religion in Iran. Muslims are Bahaiphobic.
I thought the Baha'i faith was a fusion of Abrahamic and Indian belief systems.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Very interesting reading. She gets them to open up to her about their motives.

A portrait of the terrorist as a young man, or woman | The Times of Israel
It's about the land and the displacement of the Arabs by the Jews. She gives a small clue in this paragraph.

Quote:
“I don’t accept the idea that these are lone wolves. This wave of terror is directed from above. The incitement is insane. It’s on TV, satellite broadcasts, in mosques, on the street and in schools, including East Jerusalem, in schools that we actually pay for. It’s so bad that it’s a surprise that not everyone is a terrorist. If you look at the website of the Palestinian Authority, they speak of all of Palestine, pre-1948, not just pre-1967.”
There are always two sides to every story.

Israeli Peace Activist Miko Peled:

Old 12-08-2015, 11:16 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
What horrible life did Farooq and Malik have, that they would do such a thing? They were living a middle class life in the US. He had a bachelor's degree, a secure middle class government job, a child, a decent place to live, a decent car to drive, from what we saw of their home, all the comforts of a middle class life. What other "carrot" would you offer them? What terrible suffering drove them to commit mass murder, knowing that they would very likely be killed as a result?

The standard of living of Arabs in the West Bank is significantly higher than in most of the Muslim world (excluding of course the oil-rich Gulf states, who throw some crumbs to the citizens to keep down revolutionary activity). The Arabs of the West Bank and Israel are largely the same people who are in Lebanon, Syria, and especially Jordan. Their standard of living is overall higher than that of all the surrounding non-oil rich Arab states, and certainly much, much higher than that of Egyptians. The standard of living of Arabs in Israel is even higher, generally the same as that of Israelis. And these failed martyrs don't speak predominantly of "I will have died for a higher cause, I will have died in order to advance the cause of driving the Jews (and Christians) from the land." They speak almost formulaically of longing for death as a means of getting what most of us in the West already have - the freedom to have sex, and the freedom to choose whom we wish to marry. They didn't all come up with this on their own!

This is the propaganda that is being fed to some young Muslims, all over the world, and now even more effectively via the internet. How can we defend ourselves against this threat?

This is what scares me the most. If they come here or do some things to create a more democratic society, they can practice their religion to their hearts content, they would just have to respect others rights as well. However, many can't do that. They want it all or nothing. Kind of like my dogs. We have a large cushion that all three can lay on by the fire. They can do it, I've seen them. But, most of the time, they will fight each other to claim their turf, periodically switching places when an argument flares up. So, instead of everyone being happy all the time, they can't cooperate and only some are happy some of the time.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
Quote:

Minor correction; Mohamed the prophet dude married a six yr old not 9. He also married his nanny or surrogate mom. Yikes huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events