Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is jail time excessive for saggin your pants?
Yes 124 75.15%
No 41 24.85%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 03:37 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,562,477 times

Advertisements

If what kids are wearing at school becomes disruptive time to require school uniforms. Set up a clothing bank where they are issued uniform clothes that fit if cost is an issue and as a kid grows out of his/her uniform trade it in for a bigger size.

I hate to see public resources spent on incarceration when there are cost effective solutions.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:00 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
How many white dudes have been arrested for showing their butt cracks while working on a roof or doing some other outdoor work? At least the kids with the saggy pants aren't wearing under-sized and/or saggy underwear!
The key phrase here is "while working".

Old 12-13-2015, 04:39 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
so actually were some "yes" votes--- so who here is the fashion police? I consider them control freaks - and would tell you FTF

Old 12-13-2015, 05:33 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
so actually were some "yes" votes--- so who here is the fashion police? I consider them control freaks - and would tell you FTF
And these people are the reason that things like ISIS exist. Their narrow view of morality vs. basic human decency. People like this make me sick.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:08 AM

920 posts, read 931,555 times
Wow this is shocking! These are NOT baggy pants. This poll is misleading to say the least. This is public exhibitionism, a sex crime

These boys have deliberately exposed their full behinds though covered in underwear. There is no reason to wear pants on your thighs, those are not PANTS then

Of course it is indecent exposure. I wear baggy pants sometimes the tops of my underwear sometimes shows.

I don't expose my full butt!! Then say I am wearing pants when I deliberately used them to cover everything except what they are intended to cover. I am also concerned if you allow this aggressive sexual non consensual exhibtitionism to continue, it could advance into something worse, regarding sexuality that is non consenting.

Yeah duh of course you will be arrested for exposing yourself in public

Old 12-14-2015, 12:11 AM

920 posts, read 931,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
If what kids are wearing at school becomes disruptive time to require school uniforms. Set up a clothing bank where they are issued uniform clothes that fit if cost is an issue and as a kid grows out of his/her uniform trade it in for a bigger size.

I hate to see public resources spent on incarceration when there are cost effective solutions.
Then you punish innocent kids because there are some pervert kids.
Uniforms are generally much more difficult as you have to keep washing them and they make the kids look weird too

Old 12-14-2015, 01:48 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times
Seems to me that the real issue is being avoided. There is an apparent self-serving attitude these "kids" are showing ... defiance for the sake of defiance. In my youth, along with fighting of saber-toothed tigers, my parents came down hard on that concept. Methinks it was because they had the same attitude in their youthful days. I know that my kids had that attitude and I see it in the Gkids as well.

The solution ... attack the perpetual attitude problem. However, in today's "I'm a victim/PC" world that ain't gonna be happenin'.

What a pity.

El Nox

Old 12-14-2015, 05:25 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Wow this is shocking! These are NOT baggy pants. This poll is misleading to say the least. This is public exhibitionism, a sex crime

These boys have deliberately exposed their full behinds though covered in underwear. There is no reason to wear pants on your thighs, those are not PANTS then

Of course it is indecent exposure. I wear baggy pants sometimes the tops of my underwear sometimes shows.

I don't expose my full butt!! Then say I am wearing pants when I deliberately used them to cover everything except what they are intended to cover. I am also concerned if you allow this aggressive sexual non consensual exhibtitionism to continue, it could advance into something worse, regarding sexuality that is non consenting.

Yeah duh of course you will be arrested for exposing yourself in public
Poe!

Old 12-14-2015, 05:40 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
I worked in for a time at a low-end job in a past-prime Virginia community where this "phenomenon" was common.

As previously outlined, the practice supposedly evolved from incarceration -- because prisoners weren't permitted to keep their belts. And when they retuned to the streets, their options were often limited to (1) vigorous (and low-paying) physical work, (2) petty criminality, or (3) menial service work for comfortably-fixed people far-removed from the pressures of the former inmates lives.

So the message sent was: "If you look down on me, here's something you can kiss". Sexual orientation was seldom, if ever cited, at the time (late 1990s).

I wish I could offer a solution, but the two sides have very little in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Seems to me that the real issue is being avoided.

The solution ... attack the perpetual attitude problem. However, in today's "I'm a victim/PC" world that ain't gonna be happenin'.

What a pity.

El Nox

Understandable, but in most of the workplaces in a post-industrial economy, the culture of feminization and over-sensitization has devolved to the point where a young male can't retain any sense of autonomy and dignity; the "old Army attitude" of "I might have to do/take it, but I don't have to like it." is under stronger censure these days.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 12-14-2015 at 06:25 AM..

Old 12-14-2015, 06:12 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorsyGal View Post
Then you punish innocent kids because there are some pervert kids.
Uniforms are generally much more difficult as you have to keep washing them and they make the kids look weird too
Poe, squared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events