Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:30 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times

Advertisements

Well it made the bedbug registry.

Bed Bug Report for Astor on the Park, New York, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:59 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,212 times
Yuck! Daughter used to work in a nice Hotel as night auditor in a resort in Florida. Told me the story about how they had to burn mattresses, etc. They can be anywhere.

How about this: I know a town where they had to close their library and spray and treat for bedbugs. I don't use this library, but ever since I heard about this I check the spines and flip open the pages of any book I take out. Also heard about a big cinema where people were being bit and there was a bedbug infestation. I guess they had to treat something like 6 movie rooms.

I'd much rather get cockroaches, easier to kill.

Freemkt, any Walmart I've ever seen is open 24-hours-a-day. Surprised you didn't know.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:20 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
I don't know about all, but many of the Wal-Mart in Colorado Springs are open 24 hours.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:00 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
Where is the evidence that DDT is even effective against bed bugs?
Yes - once you die from the DDT, you don't have bedbugs. Or you don't care. One of the two.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:24 AM

387 posts, read 355,999 times
I despise worthless parasitic insects like Bed Bugs, Ticks and Mosquitoes....We need to DDT them into non existence....

Old 01-05-2016, 03:28 AM

387 posts, read 355,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, if you want to sleep on a mattress that has had overdoses of deadly chemicals, go ahead...suck it all in.

The chemicals can be harmful, but hippies seem to have forgotten that these chemicals were created/made for a REASON.....No one wants to use borderline toxic chemicals for the fun of it....They were created to deal with real annoyances/problematic insects that plague Human kind and other animal species.....Hippies got all up in arms about the potential toxicity and forgot all about the real legitimate reasons why they were created and used....

It's the lesser of 2 evils and until someone comes up with a better alternative I support it 100%.....

Old 01-05-2016, 04:52 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,659,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
gotta love unfettered immigration.
I agree, and wonder if the Donald can built a wall high enough to keep bedbugs out.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:46 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,353,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, here they are brought in by illegal aliens who live with 3 or 4 large families in a 2 bedroom. The schools have backpacks that they send home food for the weekends. My guess is that those bags also transport the bedbugs along with the clothing, etc. Our town is smaller and if you can observe towns heavy with illegal aliens, you'll see a trend. We also have a problem with head lice, big problem. Yuck, I can't wait to relocate. We don't even go to the library because you can transport them in library books.
If you only knew all of the wealthy people who also spread bed bugs. (They keep it quiet.) Because the last time I checked, illegal aliens aren't renting $300+ hotel rooms per night at luxurious hotels. They're also probably not associating with them and they aren't in the same social circles. Personally, I'm probably priced out of the Ritz-Carlton and Waldorf-Astoria and yet they had bed bugs.

You stopped going to the library? Jeez. I live in one of the biggest cities in the world, where books come in and out of any library within our system so your book could have been in any neighborhood and I've never heard of anyone being scared to go to the library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
True, any place is equally likely to get them, but the more expensive ones are likelier to be proactive about being on top of inspections and taking care of the problem before it gets really out of hand. Some places I've seen, I wasn't confident they even changed the towels, much less thoroughly clean or check for bedbugs.
Yes, and that was one of the points that I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Of course. But I've never seen any, ever, at one single hotel that I have stayed in. And I've traveled a lot.
But I probably research hotels more than most people. I am pretty picky.
Doesn't matter where you go. I've never seen one either. But it doesn't mean I never will. I also research hotels A LOT before I travel but all you really need is one guest before you to ruin your experience. Truth is, most hotels probably don't notice a room has them until the next guest shows up and complains. When I went to Europe last year, I was really hoping I wouldn't pick up bedbugs, especially because I was going to a huge event with people coming in from all over the world. I'm honestly surprised you don't hear about them getting picked up on planes more often---the fabric seating, the luggage people bring on board, etc.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:50 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,160 times
You can get bedbugs anywhere. I'm surprised the infestations aren't more rampant. All it takes for one to jump on you when you're out and about.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:07 AM

3,506 posts, read 762,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
You can get bedbugs anywhere. .
if ya`ll are wanting some iv`e got some you can have .... for free !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events