Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:12 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The TSA should really have people manning those checkpoints who have more than a GED. [Oooops, that would eliminate most of their workforce.] That idiot could barely communicate..."I know there's a lot of make sense things but guess what? We don't live in a make sense world."
Maybe in his world but, the father of the girl and myself weren't comforted by his double digit IQ rambling. He is clearly a liberal voting democrat.
That woman did seem to take her time groping the girl. Don't they have a screen they can take one behind when feeling a need to grope some non-Muslim? I have seen little old grannies groped in the open; for what? I doubt some little old lady going to see her grand kids is dangerous enough to warrant a 1/2 hour pat down. When passenger numbers decline they can look back to this kind of treatment.
I drive when I go places. It's cheaper and I can stop to stretch my legs when I want for as long as I want. I can always get something to eat as well. Do that in a flying cattle car.
Most under the age of 30 have no idea what airline travel consisted of. The biggest hurdle was checking in your baggage; you can do that curbside now. Never had to disrobe and place every item on your person, including shoes, into bins to be x-rayed. You need to plan your wardrobe for flying now to accommodate belt, shoes, and other clothing which may trip their system. Men use to carry pocket knives with them at all times, me included. It has gotten to the point you can't do so as before; you may be a terrorist.
The job they perform requires a certain amount of skill and the screening process is constantly changing because the terrorist methods are evolving. If you aren't privy to the Intel that governs how and why TSA screens in a particular manner then you are just blowing a bunch of smoke. Shall we start calling you Smoky?

Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Do they do this kind of TSA screening/patdowns on the Amtrak? Last time i took Amtrak a few years ago, there was nothing. Has this changed? hope not.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Do they do this kind of TSA screening/patdowns on the Amtrak? Last time i took Amtrak a few years ago, there was nothing. Has this changed? hope not.
No. This is at the airport.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:37 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Congratulations, I guess? I don't see anything wrong with it.

I think the agent did a great job. She seemed to be explaining to the girl as she went along. I don't know if that's required but I think it was a good way to do it.
What!? Could you PLEASE reread my post (which you have quoted here) and tell me why you would comment the way you have? I don't see anything wrong with the pat down by the TSA agent here either, nor did I find anything 'wrong' with it when I was patted down. THAT is what I wrote. I received the same treatment from a TSA agent and the same respectful explanation/instructions. No problem.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonInKansas View Post
As a woman yourself, would you say the same for as has been said, a rape survivor?
IMHO, in such cases it is up to the survivor or someone who they may be traveling with/trust to speak with the TSA and perhaps arrange for a private 'screening'? How would they (TSA) know otherwise of any potential harm? Personally, I don't like any strangers touching me, but I am bound to follow the rules if I want to fly, so there are always degrees of sensitivity. I'll bet TSA has had experiences where there are 'special cases'. There are many 'what if' situations in life. For example, I am familiar with many children with Autism and other children who exhibit 'tactile defensiveness. What then? Communication is what is needed.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:47 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,138 times
Really pity kids these days. They'll have no freedom to really enjoy life. Soon life in the US or anywhere won't be worth living.
The police state is coming.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:58 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Really pity kids these days. They'll have no freedom to really enjoy life. Soon life in the US or anywhere won't be worth living.
The police state is coming.
Rather excessive on the doom and gloom, wouldn't you say?
I mean we are only taking about a security checkpoint at an airport which involved a quick pat down but perhaps kids and adults have become just too sensitive these days......

Old 01-08-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Is this the normal form of patdown? from some of the comment it seems normal. I fly often and I have often gotten 10 sec path down. It was never a minute or this long & I never had to move to another spot to get it done. So maybe I didn't get the real deal.

If this is the normal protocol that million others have gotten then I wouldn't think anything. I did find it weird that her breast was outlined/traced. As a female I can say, I have used my bra to hold cellphone & things can be hidden there but as a female I can also say I will be very very uncomfortable if a TSA security touched there. But again if it is the norm its fine
I have had the SAME pat down twice. My breasts were outlined. It is what it is. It is done as respectfully and professionally/impersonally as possible considering they have to go over the entire body. I bet the agents hate doing it because it does look weird, but it is quite 'clinical'.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:16 PM

One other thing... the little girl had a big smile on her face after the TSA agent was done with the search procedure. The SAME smile I had after I was scanned for the first time. When I was informed I had to go through the body scanner I almost forgot that I had vowed to 'pose' for the camera. After all the hoopla that preceded the installation of that procedure, I figured since there was nothing that one could do about it if you were going to fly, that when I next traveled I would make the most of it. On my first flight after scanners became standard, I went obediently into the designated scan area and then I remembered! I told them, "Wait, wait!" and went into my very first 'pin up girl' pose ever. I went on to have a great flight. Folks, flying is stressful. Be kind to yourself and each other.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:35 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Because "something else" usually ain't as profitable as drugs. Money talks, bovine excrement walks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events