Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:30 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I bet you think those morons in Burns, OR are patriots too.
I stand by my previous posts ... which were ON TOPIC. Here's some thoughts: Stop obfuscating and trying to put YOUR words in my mouth and stay on topic.

And thank all of you for posting your opinions. A few years ago before some of you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye, there was a fellow who talked about children, their skin color, and THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. The Marine in question showed the content of his character by being FOR something. That concept seems to be lost on the 'anti' crowd here. Pity.

El Nox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 05:41 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I stand by my previous posts ... which were ON TOPIC. Here's some thoughts: Stop obfuscating and trying to put YOUR words in my mouth and stay on topic.

And thank all of you for posting your opinions. A few years ago before some of you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye, there was a fellow who talked about children, their skin color, and THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER. The Marine in question showed the content of his character by being FOR something. That concept seems to be lost on the 'anti' crowd here. Pity.

El Nox
He also showed the content of his character by comparing a baseball cap to religious garb AND by being a jerk to people who have nothing to do with making laws.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He also showed the content of his character by comparing a baseball cap to religious garb AND by being a jerk to people who have nothing to do with making laws.
Interesting. And all non-baseball cap headgear is 'religious"? And standing up for a point is being a 'jerk'? Seems to me that your post is trying to make a point ... hmmm ...

El Nox

Old 01-17-2016, 06:01 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Interesting. And all non-baseball cap headgear is 'religious"? And standing up for a point is being a 'jerk'? Seems to me that your post is trying to make a point ... hmmm ...

El Nox
Maybe you can digest this little tidbit:

Paragraph 11002 of the Uniform Regulations provides a list of activities that you may not wear the uniform (i.e. to an event that brings discredit to the Corps, to events in support of political interests, private and/or commercial employment…)

The jackwagon is not doing the Marines any favor by trying make a statement.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Maybe you can digest this little tidbit:

Paragraph 11002 of the Uniform Regulations provides a list of activities that you may not wear the uniform (i.e. to an event that brings discredit to the Corps, to events in support of political interests, private and/or commercial employment…)

The jackwagon is not doing the Marines any favor by trying make a statement.
Hmmm ... now a USMC baseball cap, worn by a civilian (that's what they tend to call non-active duty folks) is in violation of the current USMC "Paragraph 11002 of the Uniform Regulations". Thank you for bringing joy and laughter into my Sunday evening. Now I need no additional medications before bed because LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE.

El Nox

Old 01-17-2016, 06:25 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
How do we know this guy was a Marine Veteran? It's just a baseball cap. It's not religious and it also does not prove military service.

Maybe he just wants to show an ID that makes it look like he was a veteran.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
How do we know this guy was a Marine Veteran? It's just a baseball cap. It's not religious and it also does not prove military service.

Maybe he just wants to show an ID that makes it look like he was a veteran.
So he's expressing himself through theater. Celebrate him.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:22 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So he's expressing himself through theater. Celebrate him.
Uh, no....

Old 01-18-2016, 06:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:

El Nox
Nope there is a lot of non-religious headgear - winter caps, hard hats, fascinaters, etc. The law is that you are not supposed to wear a hat in your DMV photo. The employees didn't make that law. He made a big deal out of something stupid and gave these people a hard time when they have nothing to do with the law. Yes I was trying to make a point with my post. That's what I usually try to do when I communicate. Don't you?

Old 01-18-2016, 06:58 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, Georgia is now a police state.

Too bad for the folks residing there.
Youre just now realizing this? Clearly youve never driven I-75
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events