Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 07:02 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Probably not, but I'm guessing they're like Pamela Gellar and her followers. I don't always agree with them, but what I posted above is true. They knew just walking through the streets with crosses would get this reaction, but the people in the neighborhood could have just let them walk through unmolested. That they took the bait is on them in my opinion. What the Britain First group did was not illegal, so just because they're d!cks doesn't mean the point was wrong.
Think Klan and you're on the right track - do their marches always go peacefully? Do they represent American culture and American values? Would you feel insulted if I posted that?

I will give them credit - at least this time they found a mosque. When they went to Ireland to try a similar stunt they confused a Town Hall with a mosque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,762,781 times
Quote:
I stopped watching at about 6 minutes, so maybe they showed the outcome in the conclusion. I just couldn't stand watching two groups fighting and chanting so much.
I couldn't stand the many f-bombs flying around.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:07 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Think Klan and you're on the right track - do their marches always go peacefully? Do they represent American culture and American values? Would you feel insulted if I posted that?

I will give them credit - at least this time they found a mosque. When they went to Ireland to try a similar stunt they confused a Town Hall with a mosque
The Klan hanged people from trees for looking at white women. There is no comparison. But since you mentioned it, the Klan still has parades and protesters line the streets with signs. They do not tell throw things at them or tell them they're taking over the country. But I take your point. Too bad you don't see mine.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:12 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,290,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Just a note, the Britain First group is an extreme right wing Christian group. They make Ted Cruz look like a liberal.
If I hadn't heard this "extreme right wing" here it would concern me. Problem is Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump are also supposedly "extreme right wing".

Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,591,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If I hadn't heard this "extreme right wing" here it would concern me. Problem is Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump are also supposedly "extreme right wing".
This supposed "extreme right wing" group is probably to the left of Nancy Pelosi. The problem is they are sick of this ridiculous political correctness that allowed thousands of British girls to be raped over a decade while the police looked the other way for fear of riling the community against the Pakistanis. Or allows British kids to grow up with all the education and benefits they provide, only to be radicalized in their mosques and go join ISIS (like Jihadi John or that idiot I saw on 60 Minutes who wants to see Sharia law in the UK and USA, women completely covered, thieves hands cut off, and adulterers stoned to death).

Old 01-27-2016, 11:37 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,559,767 times
Quote:
This supposed "extreme right wing" group is probably to the left of Nancy Pelosi. The problem is they are sick of this ridiculous political correctness that allowed thousands of British girls to be raped over a decade while the police looked the other way for fear of riling the community against the Pakistanis. Or allows British kids to grow up with all the education and benefits they provide, only to be radicalized in their mosques and go join ISIS (like Jihadi John or that idiot I saw on 60 Minutes who wants to see Sharia law in the UK and USA, women completely covered, thieves hands cut off, and adulterers stoned to death).
Then they need to pressure their own government officials, and get other like-minded Brits on board with helping to change the culture of the government.

Marching through a predominately Muslim town with an "in your face" type of demeanor is in no way shape or form a Christian example. LOVE thy neighbor. If you want to argue that this is an acceptable "secular" response to a legitimate concern, that's fine, but it definitely isn't Christian.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:59 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Then they need to pressure their own government officials, and get other like-minded Brits on board with helping to change the culture of the government.

Marching through a predominately Muslim town with an "in your face" type of demeanor is in no way shape or form a Christian example. LOVE thy neighbor. If you want to argue that this is an acceptable "secular" response to a legitimate concern, that's fine, but it definitely isn't Christian.
They tried that - they put a candidate up in an election and he got 56 votes

As for their history, they are the bastard offspring of the NF and BNP who have policies such as no non-white immigration and want to repatriate all non-white people living here. They're also against gays and abortion.
In the 70s and 80s their targets were blacks and Pakis - their demonstrations would have 500 of them rather than the handful that BF manage to get. Their demo always ended in violence and the first use of police riot shields on the mainland

Old 01-27-2016, 12:08 PM

29 posts, read 29,046 times
There's a bigger problem with Muslims in Europe that doesn't get across the pond. Unlike the US, most Muslims are also lower class and not the model minority types; stereotypically Somalis or Pakistanis etc, they tend to be the complete opposite of Jews or Hindus, and they all happen to be Muslim.

They are to Europe what Blacks are to USA. They also have the immigration backlash that illegals get here too.

Old 01-27-2016, 12:46 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,450,191 times
Quote:
CORRECTION ... adulteresses. The males are NOT stoned maybe high, but not stoned.

El Nox

Old 01-27-2016, 02:25 PM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events