Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 01:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,381,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Why are Europeans such pushovers? they go from being genocidal colonizers to WAY over-correcting and being WAY to left pacifists.
Perhaps it has to do with two world wars being fought on their home turf, not to mention all the earlier conflicts. But I agree about the 'overcorrecting'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 01:22 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
fascism - emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism

They're not defending their country or culture, they are a tiny tiny tiny minority that the majority of Brits detest
( putting it in ALL CAPS doesn't make it true )

If that's the definition of fascism (and it isn't) then there are an awful lot of fascist countries out there.

And the popularity of Britian First to pacifist, leftist Brits is irrelevant. In fact, I would argue they are unpopular amongst Leftists in the UK precisely BECAUSE they are defending British country and culture. Leftists detest the slightest hint of self defense.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:44 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If that's the definition of fascism (and it isn't) then there are an awful lot of fascist countries out there.

And the popularity of Britian First to pacifist, leftist Brits is irrelevant. In fact, I would argue they are unpopular amongst Leftists in the UK precisely BECAUSE they are defending British country and culture. Leftists detest the slightest hint of self defense.
Defending Britain by pouring cans of lager outside a mosque? wow

Please explain what the British culture is and how they are defending it.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:59 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
If these loons marched on Golder's Green to insult the Jews there, I suspect the response they received wouldn't be all too different. You wave a cross in my face and insinuate that I do not belong because I'm of a minority faith, and I'm probably not going to be very polite. Why should Muslims be expected to behave any differently?

Old 01-26-2016, 02:01 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery123 View Post
Islam is a cult.
There are divorce tribunals even in developed countries that work outside the laws of country.
It's like Amish or Mormon type in the context of staying far away from civilized society except more violent and religiously brainwashed.
There are also Jewish courts here in the United States that serve as arbiters for our divorces. Ever heard of a get?

Outside of the law doesn't mean breaking the law. All US laws are upheld, but those involved in the process prefer to also follow their religious law. If no national law is broken, why is that a problem?

Old 01-26-2016, 02:10 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Communism killed more people than religion did in the 20th century. The problem isn't religion specifically, the problem is any ideology that is intolerant of dissent. Those types of ideologies can be secular or spiritual in nature.

Absolutely correct.

Polite circles in Britain, however, have fallen for the bogus term "Islamophobia" - apologists actually use this phrase to suppress dissent and examination of Islamic beliefs (ideology). Your ideology - then you defend it on its own terms. If its a crummy ideology that has certain precepts which contravene universal human rights - then your ideology is not cool. Call that Islamophobia - but that's a bogus term as invalid as capitalismophobia, christianityophobia, communismophobia (which haven't ever been used since everyone immediately sees what a preposterous reach it is to try to protect an ideology from examination and scrutiny). Somehow the Brits have been duped into using it and furthering it.

Now muslimophobia, where you are basically judging and denigrating people based on what is effectively their ethnicity - that's a problem.

- Don't like the ideology (islamophobia) - not a problem and definitely nothing to be ashamed of
- Don't like the ethnicity (effectively muslimophobia) - big problem, consider people as individuals and where they are coming from.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
I have cousins who walk through no-go zones all the time... Their not called no-go zones because their Muslim but because you could get robbed at any time of the night walking past the wrong group of people or wearing the wrong soccer jersey. I love how Americans who barely ever go to Britain or only experience of Britain is London are trying to talk about no-go zones in the U.K. When statistically the U.S most dangerous neighborhoods are more dangerous than any "no-go zone in London" In fact I have driven through a no-go zone and the only thing you actually notice is that the place is poor to lower middle class and about half the women have hijabs on. Yes, Only half the women have hijabs on, the other half don't. Now their maybe riots and protests but if you walk into a Pakistani or Bangledeshi neighborhood ever day for the year maybe one day you will stumble upon one of these riots or protests.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:12 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Defending Britain by pouring cans of lager outside a mosque? wow

Please explain what the British culture is and how they are defending it.

That's called protest. Naturally you missed the larger context.

As for British culture... lets start with tolerance, rule of law, and civil treatment of others. Our normal, modern Western values (which, naturally, also appears to escape you).

Old 01-26-2016, 02:15 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
I think the clue is in the name :roll eyes:

but if it upsets you then I'll settle for bunch of wankers
philkirkham although I agree with you mostly it isn't nice to call others "wankers." Most Americans don't even know what that term means.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:16 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
That's called protest. Naturally you missed the larger context.

As for British culture... lets start with tolerance, rule of law, and civil treatment of others. Our normal, modern Western values (which, naturally, also appears to escape you).
No, it's not a protest, it's being a d1ckhead

and Britain First fail at all 3 of the things you list as culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events