Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 06:49 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Or...both rings/studs and the grey makes one more marketable?

Millennials, if you want to be marketable, employ the use of grammatically correct English during your interview (no slang please), get off the cellphones, and LEARN HOW TO WRITE. I encounter these deficiencies routinely with young people.
That's because you live in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 07:41 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
I don't see why people complain. This is a job creator.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:47 AM

602 posts, read 505,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
As for this trend, I'm noting it's only popular with young men, not women. Just so typical of our culture, men with a little silver being considered sexy. Up to $300 for this treatment? Wait a little longer and it's free!
No, it's not just the guys doing it - I've heard of some Millennial ladies doing it too, including one in my extended family (you could probably search the Internet for some other examples).

Old 02-06-2016, 07:48 AM

602 posts, read 505,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
That's because you live in California.
California is also the state with the greatest percentage of families who speak a language other than English at home.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:59 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Well, its just hair ... and in my opinion ... its better than green or bright blue.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:35 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
This is an interesting social phenomenon wherein younger people dye their hair to look older. Astounding.

Millennials dying hair gray as part of new fashion trend | New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
Well. In the nineties when I was in my twenties I used to dress like an old Jewish guy. That was the thing for young Blacks to do back then. By the end of the decade that fad had passed. This one will too.

Old 02-06-2016, 08:36 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
We had a young guy come in for an interview a few months back and he was well dressed and well spoken but he didn't get the job. When he walked into the interview he had his iPhone in his left hand and shook with his right. He sat down for the interview and set the phone on the table directly in front of him. Throughout the interview his screen would light up and he would glance down at it but not take action. My boss actually stopped at one point and asked if he needed to be excused to tend to his messages. I'll take some hair dye over this behavior any day.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:50 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Why do you assume that gray automatically means they're doing it to look old? Silver is not gray...silver is just another color.

Some people dye their hair green - are they trying to look like lizards?

Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
I've seen some beautiful grey or silver hair on young women. I think they look great. I am 55 and I color my hair blonde for now.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:08 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Or...both rings/studs and the grey makes one more marketable?

Millennials, if you want to be marketable, employ the use of grammatically correct English during your interview (no slang please), get off the cellphones, and LEARN HOW TO WRITE. I encounter these deficiencies routinely with young people.
I am the second youngest person in my department. Apparently, I am the only person who can spell and I am constantly correcting the SOPs written by those nice, older folk in management.

Then again, I guess I can make a generalization based on my experiences at my job---why is it that I work with people who have used computers for over twenty years as working professionals yet I still have to help them with every minor thing? Please, non-millennials, I am constantly encountering these deficiencies routinely with older people. LEARN HOW TO USE A COMPUTER.

See, anyone can make generalized complaints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events