Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 4 days ago)

16,098 posts, read 21,222,224 times

Advertisements

My, what a lot of innocents here. Yes, some people routinely leave infants and toddlers alone, it's not difficult to believe at all and NOT a momentary lapse in judgement on the part of the parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 12:52 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,163,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
My, what a lot of innocents here. Yes, some people routinely leave infants and toddlers alone, it's not difficult to believe at all and NOT a momentary lapse in judgement on the part of the parent.
Exactly!

Old 03-01-2016, 12:53 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,163,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
This seems a bit extreme!
You know what's really extreme? That an innocent beautiful child is dead.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:53 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,683,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This has nothing to do with being trashy or ghetto. Probably a serious lapse in judgement. You would have to be a horrible person to do something like this.. I once knew a college prof whose wife routinely drops off their kids at the daycare. She had something to do one morning and asked him to drop off their youngest at the sitter. He completely forgot and drove straight to work on a hot summer day. Forgetting the kid who was asleep in the car seat and went to class. it didn't turnout so well for the baby and they haven't been the same ever since. You wouldn't call that massive oversight trashy or ghetto ...would you? Stuff happens and without real content or background story outside of what bossip.com put out, we don't really know the full gist.

As a parent I can't wrap my head around this story. No one in their right mind, first of all leaves their 2 years old home alone and secondly, returns home from a party at 9:30AM..im talking about doing this to not just a 2 yr old but any child period. I feel (or at least hope) she is lying to protect someone. Something is definitely amiss.

You can't wrap your head around it because you're looking at it through normal middle class values. The toddler was left alone by a 20 year old woman who works as a stripper and got knocked up by some guy, she most likely grew up in a horrible environment herself.

If she left the child with someone she would be shouting their name from the rooftops telling the cops, there is no name because there is no person.

She left the child alone. You think this doesn't happen all the time?

Protect someone? You talk about common sense. She is looking at charges, why in the hell would you be protecting someone who left your child to die and now you're on the hook for the death.

Come on already.

A lapse in judgement? Good God, a lapse in judgement is getting behind the wheel when you know you had one more glass of wine than you should have, or charging a vacation on a credit card that you really can't afford.

This was I have no doubt a frequent event. This time sadly a fire started. So many other things could have gone wrong, a child gets hungry or thirsty.

You are naïve at best.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:22 AM

25 posts, read 38,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariez149 View Post
Stripper Arrested For Child Endangerment When Daughter Dies In Fire | Bossip

What a scum bag and horrid mother, if it were up to me I'd put her in a building, tie her up, and watch her burn to death!
I can understand your frustrations, but I do not understand your hate-filled behavior. It is a terrible thing, nothing I can think worse than this. The mom will spend her life with what happened here, and nothing will bring back a child. Perhaps other moms can learn from this lesson if they were aware of how it happened.

Anytime you want to educate students (soon to be moms) on such subjects it is always met with resistance and other nonsense. Really sad.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:10 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,588,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
This, unfortunately happens far too often, but what the media make of it is fueled by her being a stripper. If you cannot see my point, then don't.
Yes, this happens from time-to-time. But, I don't believe the media reaction is fuelled or otherwise affected by the fact that the "mother" is a stripper.

Some have commented that they hope the "mother" has learned a lesson. The reason, however, that this story has traction is because there are some lessons that should not need to be learned. Instinct, or at least the commonest of sense, should inform anyone that it is profoundly and grossly negligent to leave a two-year old child alone at home for any extended period of time.

The story is big because it is as horrifying as it is difficult to comprehend.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:39 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,566,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This has nothing to do with being trashy or ghetto. Probably a serious lapse in judgement. You would have to be a horrible person to do something like this.. I once knew a college prof whose wife routinely drops off their kids at the daycare. She had something to do one morning and asked him to drop off their youngest at the sitter. He completely forgot and drove straight to work on a hot summer day. Forgetting the kid who was asleep in the car seat and went to class. it didn't turnout so well for the baby and they haven't been the same ever since. You wouldn't call that massive oversight trashy or ghetto ...would you? Stuff happens and without real content or background story outside of what bossip.com put out, we don't really know the full gist.

As a parent I can't wrap my head around this story. No one in their right mind, first of all leaves their 2 years old home alone and secondly, returns home from a party at 9:30AM..im talking about doing this to not just a 2 yr old but any child period. I feel (or at least hope) she is lying to protect someone. Something is definitely amiss.
I don't think she's lying. I think we'd be shocked at how many people leave their kids home alone once they've gone to sleep.

I remember reading (maybe on CD) about a woman with a new BF who went away to a resort for a week and left two kids... one toddler and one in a crib. The toddler lived, the baby died.
The BF didn't even know she had kids.

I remember hearing about a woman leaving her kids in the evening here in my home town. She had the next door neighbor go over and check on them.

If you can't afford a sitter, you DON'T go out.

Here's more incidents of it happening and these are just a few that got caught:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...go-job-/nSg5d/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1844939

http://wavy.com/2015/05/24/mom-alleg...liday-weekend/

This is an older child, but she was still charged: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...an-for-a-week/

Last edited by gouligann; 03-01-2016 at 04:50 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 06:09 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,120,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Yes that is terrible to say. You would rather this 2 year old take a permanent dirt nap than to be alive and well just because she doesn't have the greatest mother in the world. Yes the mother should be charged, but to say the child is better off dead because she has a bad mother is just pathetic.
From your point of view, maybe so. I believe in God and that eternal life in His kingdom is available. I also believe children that die go to Him. Anyone that goes to the Lord is better off than life on this earth.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:43 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,894,402 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariez149
“She was crying, yelling, ‘My daughter’s in there!’ ” said neighbor Shameeka Smith, 34.
Scumbag mother DIDNT CARE FOR HER DAUGHTER UNTIL THEN????

Terrible

Old 03-01-2016, 09:04 AM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
According to the New York Times, the mother was ALREADY under investigation by CPS. So the little girl's death is even more of a tragedy

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/ny...stigation.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events