Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:24 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times

Advertisements

Now that's bloody brilliant! Pardon the pun...

Old 09-20-2016, 06:43 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The best "app" for that, is to have sex twice a day, for the duration. Her male colleagues might have offered her some help with that. I call this, "Old Dr. Mac's Root Remedy" (paraphrasing my old Army buddy, Cpl. Presley B. Hornsby).
Sex is not a cure for hormonal imbalance. A disgusting suggestion, esp since it harkens back to the "rape is inevitable, so you might as well enjoy it" days.

Taking hormones (like birth control pills) helps with hormonal imbalance, obviously.

This happens esp when women are pregnant (hormone imbalance). This happens again in menopause (hot flashes, emotional roller coaster), and hormones are the cure for that.

I find that men are just as emotional, but they exhibit it differently, and it's more accepted. Physical fights between men, yelling, beating up women and children, fast driving....all the product of out of control hormones.

Does anyone think that Donald Trump, who is prone to emotional outbursts and anger at others, is suffering with hormonal imbalance? Or is it perhaps more accepted coming from a male? I think that's at least part of it.

Our country has a history of considering any emotional outbursts or show of anger to be the result of histrionics or hormonal imbalance. The country even institutionalized some women for "histrionics" for what was probably hormone imbalance. This has always been a way that men "put women in their place" and try to show that women are not worthy of being listened to. Because they're on their periods and ranting or out of control, according to them.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Are you kidding?

How sexist can you get?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OTOH, I've run into guys who generally have bad attitudes about women, and come across poorly in interactions. So when women push back, the guys dismiss it as PMS. They claim all women have this problem, which isn't true at all. They're using it as a cover for their own Neanderthal attitudes/behaviors that rile women, which they are clueless about.
That's right. This is just more Sexist behavior with an assumption that women are all the same and that there being any reaction or a difference of opinion by one must be due to it being "that time of the month", having become a cliche'. Just because something can emotionally erupt between a man and woman at any time doesn't mean PMS is responsible.

Also, it has been said that women working closely together can end up on the same cycle, which means women working in close proximity to each other would then be affected and all be PMS-ing at the same time. Does this mean that men in the workplace would then be avoiding ALL the women during this time each month?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:51 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
actually, you know why women have pms? It's because their estrogen levels are low right before a period, so in essence, a woman's emotions before her period are closer to being male than at any other time. ironic, isn't it? Men blame women for being argumentative or hysterical, when the reality is, that is when they are most likely to be behaving like men.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 09-20-2016 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: Smiley would not set...

Old 09-21-2016, 06:21 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's true! 97% of men agree. The science is settled!
Who need doctors, women could save billions in health care cost. Win-win!

Old 09-21-2016, 06:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
[quote=bpollen;45554518]
Quote:
Sex is not a cure for hormonal imbalance. A disgusting suggestion, esp since it harkens back to the "rape is inevitable, so you might as well enjoy it" days.

Quote:
Taking hormones (like birth control pills) helps with hormonal imbalance, obviously.

This happens esp when women are pregnant (hormone imbalance). This happens again in menopause (hot flashes, emotional roller coaster), and hormones are the cure for that.
Permian. Ingesting pregnant mare urine and slaughtering foals! Yeah.
While sex does not cure hormonal imbalance it can help to alleviate some symptoms of PMS. Sex triggers production of Oxytocin and endorphins that reduce pain and releases DHEA which acts as an anti depressant.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:50 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Like a 'do not disturb' sign on a pad hanging outside her office.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:03 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
I think some of the comments in here are way more sexist then taking note of when a woman might be hormonal if she has a hard time managing those symptoms. I still think emailing it to other men took it too far.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:17 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin5 View Post
I always had a hard time with my period very irritable and then heavy bleeding however I always tried to remember the saying "your mood should not dictate your manners". No reason for me to take it out on everyone around me especially at work, I'm a teacher of young children why in the world should they be the victims of my bad mood?
At home i wasn't as kind but still tried not to go into crazy mode.
Not directly related but because I work nights and my body/sleep/whatever is all out of whack, when I am out of sorts I am VERY cranky. When I feel my husband pushing my buttons, even though on another day it might not bother me, I straight up tell him, "Listen, I am really cranky today. Don't push my buttons!"

It works well for us. I have no problem telling my fellow coworkers as well. But we're a close bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events