Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 08:19 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Now she needs to track their hormonal fluctuations or IMS (Irritable Male Syndrome).

Do Men Have Periods? A Quarter Of Men Experience 'PMS Symptoms' Due To Daily Hormonal Changes

Irritable Male Syndrome

Interesting. In my career, I've experienced way more irritability and irrational behavior from male coworkers than female. It's nice to know their could be a reason beyond they're just jerks.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:44 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Guys have it worse. We are horny all the time which leads to slip-ups at work and then have that whole sexual harassment charge hanging over our head. You know, like Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas had when he spoke suggestively to his colleague.

I see our women irritable sometimes and think it is home related. If they have menstruation issues they usually state "hey I am feeling lousy due to etc.."
LOL. Now that's rich or perhaps typical.
We have people ready to vilify this woman for being irritable during her menstrual cycle claiming she was huffy, a drama queen, calling her a snit, saying she should grown up and control her "urges" and remain professional no matter what upheaval her hormones are in. But, because men get horny due to hormones (psst-women do too) they should be excused for speaking and acting inappropriately regarding sexual advances towards others.

I think the equivalent of grabbing butt, soliciting sexual favors, and walking around with a stiffy would be more along the lines of punching you in the throat or kicking you in the balls just because your a man.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:50 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
I always had a hard time with my period very irritable and then heavy bleeding however I always tried to remember the saying "your mood should not dictate your manners". No reason for me to take it out on everyone around me especially at work, I'm a teacher of young children why in the world should they be the victims of my bad mood?
At home i wasn't as kind but still tried not to go into crazy mode.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:51 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We have people ready to vilify this woman for being irritable during her menstrual cycle claiming she was huffy, a drama queen, calling her a snit, saying she should grown up and control her "urges" and remain professional no matter what upheaval her hormones are in. But, because men get horny due to hormones (psst-women do too) they should be excused for speaking and acting inappropriately regarding sexual advances towards others.

I think the equivalent of grabbing butt, soliciting sexual favors, and walking around with a stiffy would be more along the lines of punching you in the throat or kicking you in the balls just because your a man.
Actually I never said any of what you have in boldened. If I did it must be magic keyboard ink visible only to a select few.

Buttocks grabbing went out before my time in the USA. Would have been nice to see it in person. At least us guys can still blade a woman without retribution.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:53 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
I find it totally bizarre that some guy would keep track of a coworkers menstrual cycle. I'm not even sure I believe this. Men just don't pay attention to that crap.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
We did this at a place I worked at when I was in my teens. Our manager was such a witch during that time, we had to prepare. Even her manager knew what was going on, although he was a little more politically correct and would caution people by saying she was in "one of her moods". That way we could all avoid triggering a rampage.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:07 AM

6,228 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Gross.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:27 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Here's a hint-those things are NOT considered acceptable and are fireable offenses at nearly all companies. In the case of the woman in the OP-the issue sounds as if it's her, not her co-workers. If her "mood swings" are so severe that it impacts her work performance (which is the case if her co-workers are unable to approach/work with her)-that's HER problem to deal with. We all have bad days-be it sickness/aches/pains, home life issues, etc. Part of a JOB is dealing with your crap on your own time and not bringing it to the office. Doesn't matter the cause. Deal with it-be an adult, put your personal problems away during the work day and act like a professional. Or take some sick time if you can't manage otherwise.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:31 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
It would be like if I decided that the guys in the office weren't getting intercourse often enough, causing them to be irritable, crabby little fellas, so I'd track when they finally were able to get some so they'd be in better moods. Can you imagine a cute, little boner chart up on the office wall? Everyone would have a good laugh about it. "Hey, everyone! Stan's wife put out last night now he can be a productive member of the team! Way to go, Stan! Someone bring out the boner-cake so we can celebrate."

Well, on second thought, it might be better to have some boundaries at the office... maybe leave the reproductive system conversations at home? It seems a little strange that time would be spent on these kinds of things instead of actually doing the work people are paid to do, right? I don't work in an office, so what do I know? Do people really talk about this kind of stuff? If so, I'm glad I'm a hermit artist.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:58 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I'm sure some women would hate this, but I'm like . . . Who cares? It's a reality.
That creepy men will track your cycle? I would guess that is not a reality for most women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events