Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:32 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
There used to be...but it was pulled off the market
There are lots of different apps out there that can be used to track a woman's cycle. If you go to the app store, there are probably over a hundred on there. There are ones for women to track their cycle, ones specifically for women trying to comcieve, and even ones for men to try and track their SO (or I guess some random woman's) cycle.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:05 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Of course people with headaches, sinus congestion, etc act like a-holes too...thats kind of the point: nobody thinks its ok for them to use their health issues as some cute way to excuse their behavior.

And i couldn't agree more about the mental illnesses thing. In fact, I feel like if a person cant keep theirbmental illness under control without letting it interfere with their work or how they treat their colleagues, they shouldnt even be hired at all.
Who thinks its cute when menstruating women act like a-holes?
If one is being that bad of a jerk or cause a problem in the work place they are called on it regardless of the underlying cause.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If one is being that bad of a jerk or cause a problem in the work place they are called on it regardless of the underlying cause.
Exactly. I haven't heard of this societal attitude that it's "cute" for women to be irritable once/month. In my experience, it's a pretty rare phenomenon, anyway. I've only ever known one woman who had that type of PMS symptom.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Now she needs to track their hormonal fluctuations or IMS (Irritable Male Syndrome).

Do Men Have Periods? A Quarter Of Men Experience 'PMS Symptoms' Due To Daily Hormonal Changes

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=53725

Old 09-19-2016, 02:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think society necessarily thinks it's okay or cute for a woman to lash out at anyone, and women definitely shouldn't think that they have a free pass to rampage just because they feel lousy. Most professional women do bristle at the idea that if she's upset or in a bad mood that any legitimate concerns she has are going to be written off as "oh, Debbie's just on the rag again. " About a quarter of women are having their periods at any given time, so it's guaranteed that you've sat in meetings with women who were having terrible cramps or wondering if she's having a containment breach and you had absolutely no idea.
True...im sure ive sat in meetings with some dude
who had raging hemorrhoids before too that I didnt know about..fine by me as long as he wasnt using them as an excuse to treat others impolitely.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:54 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What are you asking me for?...im not one of the ones who finds it cute...lol

Lol..Nah, but if she didn't find it cute to use her menstrual cycle as an excuse to behave like an a-hole, then that just tells me she doesnt gaf about how she treats others in general, as long as she can use her "menstrual cycle" as a crutch.

Last edited by soletaire; 09-19-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 03:50 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
Life was not a bushel of roses for me (though red did figure into it) at least 10 days a month for 40 years (minus 3 x 9 months somewhere in there). I cannot remember complaining about it though, not even on days when I had to go home and double up with a hot water bottle. It just was what it was. And I do hope I wasn't too awful to anyone around me when those days hit me straight on. Never heard anyone mention anything. I was a professional during my career - how I was feeling, unless it was something that someone else could catch, was not something I ever said anything about (even to the other women I may have worked with) nor acted out. I may have had to use the restroom a bit more frequently though during those days.

In the case presented by the OP though, this woman had no reason whatsoever to be indignant. Even the story says - she asked him how he knew - he didn't say he did till she asked that - he merely asked IF ... I have heard that expression before and it might not have been personal (even if it might have been a bit forward). His answer may or may not have been truthful - but she gave it away herself, even if no one was actually 'sure' before. But, if they weren't tracking before then, I would not surprised if they didn't from that point on.

But, in any event, PMS (if that is more the issue) often precedes the monthly letdown and decreases upon its actual start. So while there may be a cycle, it often (but not always- all women are different, and many are not 'regular') isn't really all that predictable imho.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:55 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
There are alot to people on here that need some basic eduction on women's reproductive cycles. LOL its kind of funny

Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He sent the calendar to all the males in the office.

^^this is offensive^^
I think that was taking it a little too far.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:27 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanastra
Woman discovers male colleagues have been tracking her menstrual cycle 'so they can avoid her
Well the GOVT is tracking much more about her than that so she couldnt care!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events