Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 11:45 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
What is also making news is the amount of hate and lack of sympathy as well as outright suspicion this story is generating on twitter and elsewhere. Just reading the replies underneath the news articles you can see how much she is despised. I really do not understand why the media keeps showing stories about a family people have grown so tired of? It reminds me of how people felt about Paris Hilton years ago.
But don't you think that a lot of that despisement is really just a form of jealousy or "class envy"? Kim lives a life of luxury that most people can only dream of. It's not just the wealth but the fame that goes along with it. I have no doubt that many of those people who make disparaging remarks about Kim do so out of envy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 11:46 AM

399 posts, read 727,788 times
What I wonder is, where were the E! cameras, since they pretty much film everything for Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Although, they may have filmed her at whatever event she was in Paris for, and not at the hotel. You can be sure they will exploit this event in an episode, with a sobbing Kim in Kanye's arms "I was sooooooo scared!!" Not to make light if this is on the up and up, I've never had a gun pointed at me, and I can't imagine how scary that would be.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:55 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
But don't you think that a lot of that despisement is really just a form of jealousy or "class envy"? Kim lives a life of luxury that most people can only dream of. It's not just the wealth but the fame that goes along with it. I have no doubt that many of those people who make disparaging remarks about Kim do so out of envy.

True there is envy but maybe also a little resentment thrown in. Here is someone who has not done anything to deserve her fame and fortune, has everything handed to her and try as anyone might to avoid it the media will not shut up about her and forces everyone to see news stories about her every move day and night.

But for me personally I really feel a little bit of the detective on this one. Her husband appears to be broke. They have a long history of staging events for publicity.They have a new show coming up. The timing seems off, the story does not add up.

Wasnt it also recently her brother (or was it his fiance)who claimed to be robbed of jewelry too? I just do not know what to make of this I really don't

Old 10-03-2016, 12:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
Quote:
But for me personally I really feel a little bit of the detective on this one. Her husband appears to be broke. They have a long history of staging events for publicity.They have a new show coming up. The timing seems off, the story does not add up.
Oh yeah definitely. Something about this supposed "robbery" seems a bit off. I mean really, she was carrying around $10 million worth of jewelry and it just so happened to get stolen?

Old 10-03-2016, 12:07 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Her wealth does not make her an automatic target for hatred, her ugly personality and behavior does.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:09 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:

Nope. If this happened to a famous wealthy woman like Jennifer Aniston or Julia Louis-Dreyfus the public reaction would be different. The K family behaves outrageously to keep attention on themselves, that is how they make the dough. Someone like a respected actor or business person doesn't have to pull stunts to make bank. Then there is Kanye. Much to be suspicious of.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:14 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
I would be interested in the life of luxury. This chick and her fam do absolutely nothing.. They don't have to do the 8 to 5, rat race, dog eat dog work environment. They make millions via their reality tv show that is so extremely stupid and meaningless.

Also, the perks. She somehow made Airbnb give her a 25k a month apt in NYC for free. Her lil sis has free Lyft rides for 1 year.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 10-03-2016 at 12:25 PM..

Old 10-03-2016, 12:19 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Quote:
I envy nothing about her. Seriously? No thank you.

Old 10-03-2016, 12:24 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Okay if it turns out to be true I will certainly apologize but do you really feel I have no right to voice any suspicions? I have no right to discuss it and show my doubts? How long do I wait and reserve judgement? Do you not think the insurance company will be asking these same questions ?

Which is worse that it really happened and she is probably traumatized or that it was a fake and she is actually fine?
If you had a basis for your suspicions sure. What indicates to you that this is a lie? Do you doubt every victim or just a Kardashian? What is your basis for doubting a Kardashian?

Kim's dad was a lawyer and they were friends with OJ and Nicole. I doubt Kim would mess around with claims of violence and crime considering how that murder and trial impacted her family. She may be unlikeable but she's not a heartless idiot. People are making subjective judgements because they don't like her. Unlike others I can separate my dislike for her from this story. Until there is a reason to believe she's making it up why would you think she is? Just because you don't like her and think she's shallow or whatever other adjective you want to use to describe her?

Old 10-03-2016, 12:24 PM

515 posts, read 623,832 times
She was bound and gagged. Definitely an inside job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events