Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 07:40 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Of course there are also those who will answer yes because they think it's a stupid question to start with and are just messing with everyone's heads.
That would be something I would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 07:44 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,606,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Have the cows eat at a strawberry patch.

Waiting for the blueberries to get into season and then blue milk . . .
Why stop there? Raspberry milk! Mushroom milk! HA!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
Why stop there? Raspberry milk! Mushroom milk! HA!
I think the more important question is.. why doesn't milk taste like hay?

Old 06-18-2017, 07:58 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
I think the more important question is.. why doesn't milk taste like hay?
I have had milk right from the cow after being milked on a farm and it DID taste like hay/grass. I could not drink it, my father was sure I would get TB. Even everything my friend cooked with the milk had that "grassy" taste. Yuck.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:16 AM

143 posts, read 246,426 times
I have a family member who has a genius-level IQ and who's a physician and he was an adult before he realized bulls are male cows, lmao. City boy.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:37 AM

2,180 posts, read 2,318,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I believe it.

I was in a conversation with an acquaintance once about raising backyard chickens for eggs. A friend of the acquaintance turned to me with a look of snobbish shock on her face (obviously think I was an idiot) and asked, "What the hell do chickens have to do with eggs?"

I just stared back, flabbergasted, and her friend got red in the face and tried to explain things to her while I walked away.
Thank you for my morning LOL.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:25 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
I had some chickens for awhile and was amazed at the percentage of people who remarked:
"But don't you need a rooster to get eggs?" These were otherwise well-educated people. I didn't want to get into a comparative biology lesson but geez.

Btw, my brownish-red hens DID lay brown eggs, and the white ones laid white eggs. The grey ones laid green and bluish eggs.

I had some horse milk directly out of the udder (via cup, lol) and it didn't taste grassy. Good!

Old 06-18-2017, 10:48 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I had some chickens for awhile and was amazed at the percentage of people who remarked:
"But don't you need a rooster to get eggs?" These were otherwise well-educated people. I didn't want to get into a comparative biology lesson but geez.

Btw, my brownish-red hens DID lay brown eggs, and the white ones laid white eggs. The grey ones laid green and bluish eggs.

I had some horse milk directly out of the udder (via cup, lol) and it didn't taste grassy. Good!
Makes me nostalgic for dear old mom. Wish she hadn't eaten so much garlic.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:27 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Seven percent of all American adults believe that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a nationally representative online survey commissioned by the Innovation Center of U.S. Dairy.
Umm, no.

More likely, seven percent of all American adults like to tweak the media for asking stupid questions, and watch the pollsters swallow it hook, line, and sinker.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:53 PM

46 posts, read 96,773 times
I don't know statistics and/or percentages on this, but I know that I never thought it came from brown cow. Only time I did was grammar school (aka till 5th grade). I am probably showing I was a little kid when I believed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events