Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 04:04 AM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

You guys who think that people just answered the way they did ad a joke need to incorporate the following into your thought processes:
Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 04:53 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
I had someone argue with me that you needed a rooster to get eggs from a hen.

I've had multiple people come to the farm and not be able to tell the difference between a cow and a bull

People believe you kill a sheep to get it's wool.

I've had people no kidding tell me you kill a chicken to get eggs.

People honestly believe milk has puss in it and farmers can milk a cow that's been treated with antibiotics...

People are very removed from the farm.
Imagine the havoc at milking time!

Old 06-19-2017, 05:11 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
Does NOT surprise me at all.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
No--it doesn't...
And I have had people tell me that African American moms produce chocolate milk when nursing

The ignorance of most people is only limited by your ability to know of its existence...

Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I believe it.

I was in a conversation with an acquaintance once about raising backyard chickens for eggs. A friend of the acquaintance turned to me with a look of snobbish shock on her face (obviously think I was an idiot) and asked, "What the hell do chickens have to do with eggs?"

I just stared back, flabbergasted, and her friend got red in the face and tried to explain things to her while I walked away.
LOL. I know adults that believed you had to have a rooster to get eggs. And adults who would not eat my fresh eggs. I understand some people dont like fresh eggs but their reasoning was because those eggs came from a chickens butt.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:47 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
I've encountered some pretty stupid people in my time....amusingly enough, these people were almost always European. Usually British.

Really.

I've never met an American who thought chocolate milk came from brown cows. Or who didn't know chickens laid eggs. Or who didn't know that ovaries are gonads.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There is a big difference in misunderstanding the scope of the category "dairy" and thinking that eggs pop out of a cow's a$$.

I suspect most people that consider eggs to be dairy assume that chickens are raised on the same farms as milk cows or something. Or that 'dairy' is a category of food that requires refrigeration. Ignorant to be sure, but not stupid beyond comprehension.

Even children and the mentally disabled know that birds lay eggs.
Except at Easter.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:49 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
LOL. I know adults that believed you had to have a rooster to get eggs. And adults who would not eat my fresh eggs. I understand some people dont like fresh eggs but their reasoning was because those eggs came from a chickens butt.

It's a cloaca, not a butt. It's an all-in-one opening. EVERYTHING comes out of it. So technically your friend was right...eggs do come from a chicken's butt. Or conversely you could say chickens poop out of their vaginas.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:52 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I've encountered some pretty stupid people in my time....amusingly enough, these people were almost always European. Usually British.

Really.

I've never met an American who thought chocolate milk came from brown cows. Or who didn't know chickens laid eggs. Or who didn't know that ovaries are gonads.

Interesting. The Brits rank higher than the US in both international ranking of IQ and also in no. of Nobel prizes per capita.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's a cloaca, not a butt. It's an all-in-one opening. EVERYTHING comes out of it. So technically your friend was right...eggs do come from a chicken's butt. Or conversely you could say chickens poop out of their vaginas.
The point is fresh eggs from farm chickens come out of the same place those store bought eggs do.
But thanks for the refresher course. I probably forgot everything I learned in my college ornithology and biology courses and from raising backyard chickens for 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events