Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 02:53 AM

11,126 posts, read 5,615,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Anyone who is so vile as to do this to another person should never be allowed outside of a prison again.

Please, do you have no sympathy for the other prisoners who would have to live alongside him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 11:31 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,789,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Not everyone who does this is angry when they do it. The thing that did stuff to me was rarely angry when he did it. He just enjoyed it. A lot of these men look forward to doing it and will actually sit around fantasizing what they want to do. These men never loved their wives/girlfriends.

The thing worked part-time at a battered women's shelter and would sit in on the group therapy and come back and tell me the stuff that other men were doing to the women there and all the stuff he would love to do to me. His full time job was a government job and then he had another part-time on call job where he had the authority to have someone committed on an emergency basis. He'd like to tell me how he'd have me locked up if I didn't do what he wanted and that he'd let everyone know how crazy I was. They weren't empty threats. He had the power to do it. He was into psychological torture as well as physical.

Yes, the woman is blind and permanently disabled by this man, but the courts will punish her if she tries to keep him out of her life because of the child involved. The man who raped and mutilated me ended up with custody of my daughter and refused to let me even talk to her on the phone unless I recanted about what he did to me and agreed to lie to my daughter and tell her she had been conceived in love. I hadn't even been the one who told her she'd been conceived in rape and had done all I could to keep her from ever knowing but her finding out was held against me when the court learned she knew how she'd been conceived. That's the way the courts are. Battered mothers have no rights in the eye of the courts to keep their abusers away without losing custody of their children. And when this man gets out there is a big chance he'll finish what he started.

Well, every situation is different. Yours was, I hope, unique, yspobo. The fact that this unlucky woman is getting discussed in the press could possibly scoot things a little more in the right direction for her.

I rather wonder why this guy wasn't in court-ordered treatment or some other kind of close supervision after the previous NGI. Maybe LWOP in a state hospital.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:50 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,700,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Punishment should be an eye for an eye.
Completely agree! This is horrifying stuff.. my goodness I cannot imagine someone doing that to their child's mother, or anyone for that matter and let alone what that woman went through. If punishment was truely 'eye for eye' mentality I think people would think harder before doing such disgusting things because if they're caught the same will be done to them.

This really is just awful.. what a monster to do this to someone.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,589,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
TN woman

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WKRN) – A woman was brutally attacked during a domestic assault Wednesday in Chattanooga, Tennessee and her child’s father was arrested.

According to a police report, officers responded to a home on Frances Drive around 6:40 p.m. where they found the victim lying face down on the ground.

An eyeball was found lying next to her.

Once EMS personnel arrived on the scene, the victim was taken to a nearby hospital. Police said medical staff reported she had a laceration to her upper arm, stab wound to her stomach, stab wound to her left breast, and both of her eyes had been cut out.

Terrible tragedy. Can't imagine what motivates people to do horrendous things like this to other human beings!
According to an article I read, the man said he was going through a really rough period.

Like that's an excuse to cut someone's eyeballs out. Good God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events