Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 11:46 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,776,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Agree, most of them look serious and maybe a bit scared. I'm wondering what remorse is supposed to look like.
Also these are teens not toddlers, I know very few parents who could tell you where their teens are at all times. That fact alone does not mean the parents were neglectful, inattentive or bad parents.
I'm glad someone finally said that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 11:46 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,831,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
People already go to jail for it.
So, how would making the sentences tougher help?
If you put them to death for killing someone then kids in the future will think a lot harder before doing the same thing. Death and the desire to avoid it is a huge motivator for human beings. For a lot of people who's life sucks they see jail as an ok alternative that they can live with. If they know the worst that can happen to them for taking a life is they spend their lives in jail and have all of their basic needs taken care of then they might still kill someone. If they know that they are going to be put to death if they get caught then they might find another form of entertainment

Old 10-25-2017, 11:48 AM

10,918 posts, read 7,427,734 times
happened to my husband about 20 years ago.
He was unhurt, chased the kids down and called the cops.
Cops threatened to arrest my husband for illegally detaining the kids.

sheesh.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Agree, most of them look serious and maybe a bit scared. I'm wondering what remorse is supposed to look like.
Also these are teens not toddlers, I know very few parents who could tell you where their teens are at all times. That fact alone does not mean the parents were neglectful, inattentive or bad parents.
They are bad parents if their kids would even consider doing this. It has nothing to do with keeping track of their physical location at every moment, it has everything to do with actually raising your kids to be decent human beings which these parents clearly failed to do. 15 years is long enough to teach your kids that killing another person for your enjoyment is wrong. Sorry, take your victim blaming somewhere else

Old 10-25-2017, 11:50 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,535,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The look on these kid's faces in court is disgusting. No remorse, every single one of them looks annoyed that they are there

Judge denies teens bond in Michigan rock-throwing death | Daily Mail Online
Really? They look terrified to me.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:51 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,927,549 times
Quote:
If you put them to death for killing someone then kids in the future will think a lot harder before doing the same thing. Death and the desire to avoid it is a huge motivator for human beings. For a lot of people who's life sucks they see jail as an ok alternative that they can live with. If they know the worst that can happen to them for taking a life is they spend their lives in jail and have all of their basic needs taken care of then they might still kill someone. If they know that they are going to be put to death if they get caught then they might find another form of entertainment
Sounds like something that you completely made up.

What do you know about these kids to suggest that their lives sucked and they saw jail as a better alternative?

What do you know about these kids to suggest that consequences (either their own or of their actions) factored at all into their decision?

Old 10-25-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Sounds like something that you completely made up.

What do you know about these kids to suggest that their lives sucked and they saw jail as a better alternative?

What do you know about these kids to suggest that consequences (either their own or of their actions) factored at all into their decision?
Funny how you ignore the point of my post that the death penalty deters people from killing other people. If there are no real consequences then their is no decisions to make and we can all just live off of our primal desires.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:58 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,708,485 times
Just a horrible situation and no matter the outcome there will be no "winners"
The guy who was killed and his family ...lose...The families of the children who threw the rocks will lose. So horrible.

With that being said, I still think these kids should be prosecuted as adults to the fullest extent of the law.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,776,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Death penalty for the one that threw the rock, others 15 years as accessories.

This has happened several times before.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 10-25-2017, 12:02 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,927,549 times
Quote:
Funny how you ignore the point of my post that the death penalty deters people from killing other people.
Citation requested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events