Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:42 PM

37,339 posts, read 41,583,860 times

Advertisements

"Temporarily suspended".

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a8581e67ec9f

"Randi Zuckerberg

@randizuckerberg
UPDATE: I just got off the phone with two executives from @AlaskaAir who informed me that they are conducting an investigation and have temporarily suspended this passenger’s travel privileges. Thank you for taking this seriously.

11:26 PM - Nov 29, 2017"

Last edited by toosie; 12-10-2017 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post - original also deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 06:47 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,852,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
2. She is worth 100 million......WTF is she doing flying Alaskan Airlines!?!
I hate this train of thought.

They're human beings also. Just because you're worth a lot of money doesn't mean that you should stick up your nose to your fellow people and act like you can only fly private.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 PM

7,013 posts, read 4,961,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I hate this train of thought.

They're human beings also. Just because you're worth a lot of money doesn't mean that you should stick up your nose to your fellow people and act like you can only fly private.
It's both amazing and sad to see how much other people only respect money.

I'm still wearing my only pair of shoes with the hole in the toe because I just haven't gotten around to buying a new pair yet, even though I can afford them now. The other day I walked into the bank in these shoes and not exactly dressed like a fashion plate to make a deposit and talk with a bank officer. I almost laughed when he snapped to once he saw the check I was depositing and my bank balance.

But it's very depressing, too. Wasn't I worth the respect as a person before I dropped that check into my account, regardless of how I looked?

Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,891,831 times
Moderator cut: deleted quoted post

Blessed with many Strong Women in my life... from teachers to relatives... none more so than my Grandmother.

Maybe my experience does not mirror society?

Someone mentioned language and sexual harassment.

Thought there was going to be an incident this morning at the hospital where I work...

An older man... in good physical shape and a Vietnam ear Marine made a comment that silenced the entire room...

He was sent to get an MRI and the scheduler was trying to to accommodate to save a trip...

He spoke clear and direct and asked if the MRI was an open MRI... the scheduler I think thought he was asking about if there was a slot open but he was asking if the machine was open...

Anyway... this old marine in the same voice said the young woman "Have you ever been tied up?'

Everyone in the entire area of maybe 30 people heard and turned to look... she pushed the call button security...

After a pause... the Marine went on to explain he had been captured by the Vietcong and held prisoner in a cage bound and gagged and simply couldn't relive that...

So... here was a statement that on the face of it crossed the line and 35 people heard it... and many were probably thinking what a crude man... but this was not the case.

Last edited by toosie; 12-10-2017 at 06:45 AM..

Old 12-11-2017, 11:38 AM

531 posts, read 387,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What's it like to have so little empathy? Or is your jealousy over someone else's wealth covering it up?

And as to your "solution," yes it would have spared Ms. Zuckerberg some trouble. But it wouldn't have helped the other women who this creep has apparently harassed. What would you do to take care of their problem? Or do you not care about them either?
Youre right, wouldnt help the other women, but she could of avoided it completely.

Old 12-11-2017, 11:59 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,435,050 times
It's easy to tell which posters are male from the comments on here.

May you some day have an experience which opens your eyes.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:16 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,551,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
He wasn't in a position of authority, he was a drunk. They offered her a chance to move, and she refused.
Oh and I suppose you would give up your nice first class seat if some drunk were harassing you. She was doing nothing wrong. He was bothering her and others around them. Her giving up her seat would have solved nothing. Furthermore, if he were bent on targeting her, he could have just gotten up and followed her later on.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 PM

10,995 posts, read 20,647,463 times
Passengers cannot move between first class and coach, it can only be done at the direction of a crew member. If he had tried to follow her it would be a great opportunity to zip-lock him to his seat and call security upon landing.

The cabin attendants should have told the problem passenger to cut it out, I believe it is against FAA regulations to serve alcohol to an intoxicated passenger.

When I was a young woman a male seatmate on a commuter bus tried to fondle me. I turned to a nearby man and asked to exchange seats as 'this guy can't keep his hands to himself'. He responded with, "By all means." Problem solved.

The Alaska crew made several mistakes: one of them is failing to ask other men in first class to change seats with the lady. Doubtless others in the cabin could see what he was doing.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:28 AM

19,339 posts, read 17,266,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
It's easy to tell which posters are male from the comments on here.

May you some day have an experience which opens your eyes.
Perhaps your right but woman are often the harshest critics of their own. How much air play would this receive if she was just a regular 1st class passenger?

Old 12-12-2017, 11:45 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,629,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
My comment wasn't meant to disparage Alaskan Airlines but you would think with 100 million and a brother that made 6 million a day last year she would have access to a private jet. Even shares of NetJets are affordable to people of her net worth.

To me, sitting in coach vs. being harassed for 3 hours seems like an easy decision. I think she gambled with her decision and suffered the 3 hours.
She’s one of God’s chosen people. They can’t help themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events