Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 08:26 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,074,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I hope Alaskan Airlines also looks into the flight attendants who were on board that flight and allowed the behavior to continue. They should not have told the other passangers to just deal with it, and they should not have served him as much alcohol as they did.
Have never been to Alaska but have friend who lived there for probably 7 yrs back in the late 90s--
She thought there was lot of general anti-female attitude

It that too much of a generalization or would those who live there have any comment on whether there is an attitude in the state that is more permissive about guys harassing women...

I know in some areas of TX that is true--it is just gender bias carried over from past generations--
not much has changed in some towns from the way it was in the 50s...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 08:51 PM

30,920 posts, read 37,090,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^ Then they should of shown him the door and booted him out.
No, they shouldn't "of" but they should've.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:38 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It is rated the best American airline.
Depends which list you are looking at.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 AM

7,996 posts, read 5,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
They should have moved the drunk idiot who was harassing her. SHE was not sitting in first class making a scene or disrupting anyone - he was. She should not be the one to have to move. She was not doing anything wrong. You move the problem, not the one affected by it.
And moved him where?? Would you like the Flight Attendant to move him next to you? How about next to your child? Or your elderly mother?

The guy sounds like a real jerk. Not sure what the legalities are to remove him.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:28 AM

531 posts, read 386,575 times
Cant say I feel any sympathy for the rich. She should ask her brother for a private jet. That'll take care of the problem.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 AM

102,315 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
And moved him where?? Would you like the Flight Attendant to move him next to you? How about next to your child? Or your elderly mother?

The guy sounds like a real jerk. Not sure what the legalities are to remove him.
Someone posted earlier that it's illegal to be drunk on a plane...? If that's true, they were remiss in not removing him, while the plane was on the ground.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I hope Alaskan Airlines also looks into the flight attendants who were on board that flight and allowed the behavior to continue. They should not have told the other passangers to just deal with it, and they should not have served him as much alcohol as they did.
The key to the whole issue would be the illegality of it, if it's true. Sorry, I've never heard of this law before; is this a federal law? How would aviation authorities be able to regulate drunkenness on a plane; the altitude affects people differently, for example. One drink can put some people over the edge, when the plane's in the air. If it's a law, why do they even serve alcohol? Why is alcohol on planes a custom, in the first place? I'll tell you something; alcohol is never served on Russian airlines. I've flown extensively all over Russia over many years. No alcohol. Very little service at all, for that matter. Anyway, it seems that with respect to alcohol on planes, the Russians get it right.

I suppose it started back when flying was a luxury, mainly for businessmen and the wealthy. Alcohol was part of the luxury service. Its time has passed, though. Also, serving alcohol before the plane's in the air, i.e. before any food service has begun, is a very good recipe for drunkenness. If they serve alcohol, they should serve food with it. Otherwise, you're just asking for trouble.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:22 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,051,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post

How about off the plane because it started when they were still on the ground.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
How about off the plane because it started when they were still on the ground.
This. This is what we're discussing, Gigi603, because the passenger became somewhat unruly before the plane had taken off. Flight crew had already plied him with alcohol, after he took his seat. And now we find out that they did that, knowing he had a history of drunkenness and inappropriate behavior!

Old 12-03-2017, 11:02 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,840,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Across the US -no, But going overseas, it is. You'll never want to go behind the curtain again.

Ice cream sundae and fresh baked cookies, please.
I flew First one time as a fluke... it was all that and more... and yes I did have the Ice Cream Sundae and Fresh Baked Cookies... had my own flight attendant to Zurich... had a fully stocked bar with the good stuff but I don't drink... the poor steward was very concerned that he couldn't do anything for me and then he mentioned not even a Ice Cream Sundae??? which I said why not and all was good.

Who needs 30 year old Scotch and such?

The US Leg of the flight was such a let down compared to the Swiss Air portion... but I was sitting next to a Congressman on his weekly trip home.

Domestic First Class isn't what most think of flying First Class.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-03-2017 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events