Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 06:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
What kind of idiot brings a dog on an airplane?
An idiot with a baby and another child (and also a puppy). Way too much for one person to handle for 3-1/2 hours. Don’t airlines also transport animals in the cargo hold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 06:29 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
An idiot with a baby and another child (and also a puppy). Way too much for one person to handle for 3-1/2 hours. Don’t airlines also transport animals in the cargo hold?
The older child is big enough to help her mother.

Because of breathing issues due to facial anatomy that breed of dog is barred from traveling in the cargo area.

Old 03-19-2018, 06:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The older child is big enough to help her mother.

Because of breathing issues due to facial anatomy that breed of dog is barred from traveling in the cargo area.
Dogs who can’t breathe normally shouldn’t be bred. Maybe sell it before moving?

Old 03-19-2018, 06:36 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
The dog probably would have been fine if the FA had just assisted the passenger in placing the bag under the seat in front of her daughter.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
She was doing quite well, it seems, until the Flight Attendant decided the dog had to go in the overhead compartment.

Handling a dog, a child and a baby is NOT too much to handle for most people, and it didn't seem to much for her either, had the overly officious FA not appeared to cause difficulty for them.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:50 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,606,242 times
Quote:

Why should someone have to sell their dog before moving when the major airlines offer space in the cabin for small dogs in approved carriers for an extra fee, which is what this dog owner paid (and put the dog in an approved carrier). She had every right to expect that the airline would allow her to place the dog under the seat in front of her rather than kill the dog through the flight attendant's negligence.

I would not buy a dog with a delicate respiratory system (i.e. Pugs, French Bulldogs, Bulldogs, Pekinese, etc.), but it is not illegal to breed them, and I believe that many of them have successfully traveled on airplanes (particularly the smaller breeds).

Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Animals that are too big to fit under the seat. Iis much more risky to fly a animal in cargo, most of the pets who die in transport are being flown in the cargo hold. United has more pet deaths than all other airlines combined.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:21 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Animals are part of the family, it's not a hutch that is too much effort to transport.

Again, this woman did her research, bought the right size approved carrier, paid the fee, and had no reason to think this could happen.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:55 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
United has a habit of throwing its employees under the bus. They apologize, toss a few thousand Points or Dollars to shut the complainer up.

My "Guess" is the FA was doing the final pre-take off walk thru the cabin and saw the bag blocking the emergency pathway in front of the seats, and told her to move it to the overhead. By the time the passenger might have said something the FA was 3 or 4 rows further down the plane.

Unfortunately we only get one side of the story, UA will do it internal investigation, but we will never hear that part of it.
This

I presume the moron passenger had a second carry-on bag under the seat so the pet bag was blocking things. With a couple of firing neurons, any sentient being would have put the other carry-on in the overhead and stuffed the pet carrier under the seat.

It’s mid March and I already have 30,000 Premier Qualifying Miles on United. The pet and service dog thing is out of control. People are traveling with house pets and claiming they are service dogs. That needs to be made illegal with stiff fraud penalties. I had a Great Dane on a full flight a few weeks ago with a tiny service dog vest. Really? Then there was the old couple in the bulkhead seat with the Golden Retriever with the Amazon.com service dog vest who early boarded and took 10 minutes to get situated blocking everyone else from boarding so the plane pushed back late. Entitled people with house pets.

Personally, my issue with United is 30” seat pitch seats. I’m 6’2”. I don’t fit in the seat.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:38 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Personally, my issue with United is 30” seat pitch seats. I’m 6’2”. I don’t fit in the seat.
So can't they put you in the overhead bin? </sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events