Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 11:58 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,187,868 times

Advertisements

For those saying, "fake", let me tell you, if this story was about my sister, it wouldn't be news. It would be Tuesday.

So much crazy in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 12:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Generic Flat beer at that.
Yeah the plain white can with BEER in light blue. That’s just about to expire. On clearance. With coupon two for one special
Just like the bride. Christ I could never marry someone like that. When we got marri d I think our wedding was 1600 bucks. 12 people and a good dinner out. 25 years later. Still together.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:44 PM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What's unbelievable is why people believe these fake "bridezilla" stories.

The story is fake.
Please educate us believers with proof. Thanks

Old 08-28-2018, 03:01 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
When we got marri d I think our wedding was 1600 bucks. 12 people and a good dinner out. 25 years later. Still together.
First marriage: Church wedding and reception, >100 guests -- lasted four years
Second marriage: Restaurant wedding, <50 guests -- lasted six years
Third (current) marriage: Justice of the peace, no guests -- has lasted 30-plus years so far

Old 08-28-2018, 03:04 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
This has GOT to be a work. If it ain’t, I hope that groom is still hauling a$& away from her. No one could be this entitled in real life......I’d like to think.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:14 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
She deserves a red carpet rolled out for her-To the nuthouse for thinking this was an ok request, and for the awful things she called people on a public forum. I feel bad for that guy she's with. If no child was in the picture he could requested a ride in the middle of the night to a far away place away from her. I would have driven him if was able.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:15 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
While the whole thing DOES seem over the top...this trend of having the weddings after the babies seems to be more 'normal' now. I have 1 granddaughter who could've ALMOST been this bride, except for the attitude and entitlement.

Met her guy when she was 15. Had a baby at 19, married her man at 21. Why wait so long? Well, they saved up for a destination wedding, and a blow out reception. They didn't expect the guests to pay to get in though.

One of my other granddaughters is heading down the same path I guess. Her and her man started dating in high school. Had a baby at 20. (Baby is 1 month old now.) They plan to get married...at some point.
I guess that I am just old fashioned. I think that couples should wait until they are married, and are financially ready, before they decide to have children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This is completely made up.

When the bride canceled FOUR days out, she still is responsible for the total amount of goods and services ordered.

The venue can't rebook, the caterer can't return all that food, the flowers have already been delivered.

I'm guessing the bride is fishing for a reality show. She's really trash.
I was thinking the same thing. Even if you cancel four weeks before a wedding it is likely that you will lose all of your deposits and likely have to pay much of the full cost of the wedding.

IMHO, if you cancel four days before a wedding, I suspect that you would have to pay the full costs (or almost the full costs). So, why cancel so late when you still are stuck with the bills?

Last edited by germaine2626; 08-28-2018 at 03:34 PM..

Old 08-28-2018, 03:23 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
She got what she deserved.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
LMAO A psychic told her to book the more expensive venue.

Hilarious.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:46 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I guess that I am just old fashioned. I think that couples should wait until they are married, and are financially ready, before they decide to have children.
I'll be honest germaine...I am too. I mean, I GET that pregnancies OFTEN come before the wedding...but it used to be you got married before the baby came. And, I'm old fashioned enough to think it SHOULD be that way. BUT neither of my granddaughters have asked my opinion. lol

I was thinking the same thing. Even if you cancel four weeks before a wedding it is likely that you will lose all of your deposits and likely have to pay much of the full cost of the wedding.

IMHO, if you cancel four days before a wedding, I suspect that you would have to pay the full costs (or almost the full costs). So, why cancel so late when you still are stuck with the bills?
I'm thinking that even though they lose all their deposits, they still wouldn't necessarily get fully charged for things that didn't happen.

For instance, would they have to pay for food not prepared or likely, even bought for yet? Really, I'm asking cause I don't know. lol And if they were planning a band, would they have to pay for it, if the band doesn't even play?

Cause isn't that the point of deposits, which are usually paid up front?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events