Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 02:47 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,605,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.U.E.E.N View Post
Won't someone please think of the children
I do wonder about that. Chuck E Cheese serves alcohol and the adults don't seem to be able to handle their behavior properly, at least with some publicized incidents where there's some sort of brawl caused by an "adult" at a kids gathering, which may not be the norm, but it does go on. It's hard to say if alcohol contributes to this, and if so to what extent, but I would hate to see Disney move in a trashy direction like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 03:15 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
<>If I had kids, I would keep them well away from the place<>
No need to generalize here.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:23 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,663,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
It's as if no Disney executives have ever been to the French Quarter to observe the sloppy falling-down drunk tourists there on vacation.

I await the inevitable selfies. They're not going to be pretty. Nor will the press be kind once inebriated social-media princesses decide they're going to strip down to the buff and swim to Tom Sawyer's Island, getting run over by the Mark Twain riverboat. We already have people getting killed by their own stupidity in the National Parks. Disneyland has at least a hundred different ways to punish the judgment-impaired. If I had kids, I would keep them well away from the place once the cantina opens.
If you had kids you would realize that you had a lot bigger worries then alcohol at Disneyland.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:35 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
No need to generalize here.

And that is supposed to mean what, exactly?

Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, do explain. Disney World sells alcohol, has for years. Epcot even has a Food and wine festival, and is well known for "drink around the world". It has never been a problem there, so why suddenly would there be an issue at Disneyland?
Yes, I’ve heard that people get drunk during the festival, but I’ve never noticed any drunk people and I’m there pretty often. A lot of the drinks sold at Disney World are weak or you’re going to get a very small portion. Combine that with the fact that they’re expensive, so I’d think it would be hard to get drunk. Heck, I’d be happy with just a little buzz!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:25 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
Be careful walking around the Tea Cups now. You may step in something.

Old 09-05-2018, 11:31 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,237 times
california adventure has been serving alcohol for years. you can walk around the park with a drink no problem. i have done it before. it's really no big deal. if people want to get high, or do drugs or get drunk at disneyland, they will find a way to do it whether it is sold at the park or not. these things have been going on at disneyland for decades, i know because we used to smuggle in drugs (shhhh) and alcohol back in the day. probably not as easy to do that nowadays since you get a search before going in now. (no drugs anymore, i was young and dumb back then )

maybe disneyland didn't sell alcohol outside of club 33 until now, but there definitely are people there who have had alcohol. not only at california adventure, but also downtown disney has many restaurants that serve alcohol and it's normal and common to go over there to eat and drink and then go back to disneyland. this is really not a big deal that they will now have a restaurant in disneyland where anyone 21 and over can order a drink. i don't know if they are going to allow walking around with a drink, but again, at california adventure you can walk around the entire park with a drink.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:51 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
maybe disneyland didn't sell alcohol outside of club 33 until now, but there definitely are people there who have had alcohol. not only at california adventure, but also downtown disney has many restaurants that serve alcohol and it's normal and common to go over there to eat and drink and then go back to disneyland.
Rarely needed a cold beer more than the one I had at Downtown Disney. I don't see the big deal, honestly - Universal has sold cold beer for ages and don't seem to have a problem with raucous behavior.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,327 times
Disney World has always sold alcohol. I didn't know Disneyland didn't.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:06 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Disney World has always sold alcohol. I didn't know Disneyland didn't.
Asking people to face "It's a small world" without a beer in'em always struck me as slightly cruel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events