Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 11:51 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You're right - a wildlife reserve would be a better term.

Looks like murder to me, and they do seem to act like savages.
It looks like murder to you because you don't understand the definition of murder.
Murder requires an unlawful killing. Laws are made by governments, they are not what you think should be law based on your own feelings. No law was broken by the natives, thus this was a killing not a murder.
That's the last time I'm going to try to help you understand basic terms, continue to show your ignorance if you must - but I'm 99% sure you wouldn't be spewing any of your nonsense if this weren't an anonymous forum.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:52 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Teach them? We don't speak the language and they kill anyone who comes near. How exactly would you teach them? It sounds like you just want to destroy them.
I'm sure there would be Sintinelese out there, that do speak more than one language.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
It looks like murder to you because you don't understand the definition of murder.
Murder requires an unlawful killing. Laws are made by governments, they are not what you think should be law based on your own feelings. No law was broken by the natives, thus this was a killing not a murder.
That's the last time I'm going to try to help you understand basic terms, continue to show your ignorance if you must - but I'm 99% sure you wouldn't be spewing any of your nonsense if this weren't an anonymous forum.
You're right -laws can be whatever governments say they are.

I stand by my views, and would have no issue putting them forth if the matter arose

You make this too personal - a quality I have little time for, in debate

Old 11-24-2018, 11:57 AM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
People are people, and then have always been those who want to know what lies over the next hill, and there have always been those who come back - the Island isn't that far removed from others in the chain.

Attempts at getting a population count, turn out to be little more than speculation, and as individuals, they're probably are healthy - but they should still be taught that killing unarmed people, isn't civilized.
They have no transportation to get to another island.

All the unarmed people have to do is stay away from the island.

Quote:
I'm sure there would be Sintinelese out there, they do speak more than one language.
Source?

Old 11-24-2018, 11:59 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,254 times
Quote:
I'm sure there would be Sintinelese out there, that do speak more than one language.
Are you just guessing at this point, because you seem to know very little about these people. They speak their own language and there is no one who knows it, or who could translate. So again, how would you go to their village and teach them that killing is against your moral code?

Old 11-24-2018, 12:00 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
How do you know they want to be left alone? -this isn't a people you can just talk to any time you want. Do you view what the North Korean government says, as reflecting what all North Koreans want.

I'm not into resorts, but if people want to go to visit, or work in them, that's their business.
Sort of how anyone who wants to visit or work in the USA has that right too?

There are not many of them left so doubt they have a government per se , probably more a consensus rule amount the tribe.

As far as vaccines go, just how many diseases would they need for all the diseases they have no immunity? Probably many more that the typical western needs. You are all for individual rights as long it is the rights of the non villagers. The man three times tried to illegally land, twice turned back by threats and the third time was killed.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They have no transportation to get to another island.

All the unarmed people have to do is stay away from the island.

Source?
People are smarter than that and they would improvise, or else they run a oppressive system that seeks to stifle those who want to explore.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:02 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:

Than explain why the experts in indigenous tribes say they have no way to communicate with them?

Where are these former Sentinelese that speak more than one language, and why aren't they stepping forward to help the experts speak with them?

Old 11-24-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sort of how anyone who wants to visit or work in the USA has that right too?

There are not many of them left so doubt they have a government per se , probably more a consensus rule amount the tribe.

As far as vaccines go, just how many diseases would they need for all the diseases they have no immunity? Probably many more that the typical western needs. You are all for individual rights as long it is the rights of the non villagers. The man three times tried to illegally land, twice turned back by threats and the third time was killed.
Killing them at the border, wouldn't be right.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Than explain why the experts in indigenous tribes say they have no way to communicate with them?

Where are these former Sentinelese that speak more than one language, and why aren't they stepping forward to help the experts speak with them?
It's a reserve (zoo) -they don't want to communicate with them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events