Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times

Advertisements

19 years isn't enough. His crime was premeditated, his intent was to kill. He should never see the light of day. And since we know he is guilty (witnesses, admission) I'd support the death penalty in this case.

But inmates don't respect crimes against children. I doubt he'll survive those 19 years. I'm fine with that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 01:43 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
19 years isn't enough. His crime was premeditated, his intent was to kill. He should never see the light of day. And since we know he is guilty (witnesses, admission) I'd support the death penalty in this case.

But inmates don't respect crimes against children. I doubt he'll survive those 19 years. I'm fine with that too.
He probably won’t serve the whole sentence. The judge said he could get up to 76 months early supervised release, which is over 6 years.

To me this guy is mental. Another young guy filled with uncontrolled rage, not much different than these mass shooters. Yes he deserves jail, but as a society we really need to figure out what is going on with young men in this country and why they seem to have zero frustration tolerance and are so unable to control their impulses. The guy certainly knew he’d go to jail for this.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:45 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He probably won’t serve the whole sentence. The judge said he could get up to 76 months early supervised release, which is over 6 years.

To me this guy is mental. Another young guy filled with uncontrolled rage, not much different than these mass shooters. Yes he deserves jail, but as a society we really need to figure out what is going on with young men in this country and why they seem to have zero frustration tolerance and are so unable to control their impulses. The guy certainly knew he’d go to jail for this.
Of course he won't serve the full sentence. They never do.

He isn't mental. He knew exactly what he was doing. I couldn't care less why he has zero frustration tolerance. Lock him away for good so he can't do this to another child. We'll never figure these guys out, so don't waste time and money trying.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:19 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,002 times
[quote=gg;55183854]What sort of motive did this man have?

Take one guess.................

Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,181 times
Quote:

He isn't mental. He knew exactly what he was doing. I couldn't care less why he has zero frustration tolerance. Lock him away for good so he can't do this to another child. We'll never figure these guys out, so don't waste time and money trying.
I agree with you, but don't be surprised if you get called a "smooth-brain" for using common sense.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:43 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I agree with you, but don't be surprised if you get called a "smooth-brain" for using common sense.
What on earth is a smooth brain? I’m not saying let’s excuse him, but as a society if we see an epidemic of anything harmful it’s in our best interests to try to see why it’s increasing and if these guys showed signs that could/should have been addressed in childhood. I know he knows right from wrong, I know he should be removed from society, but to pretend these episodes of uncontrolled rage (3 mass shootings in a month, 18 year old killing family, etc etc) are simply par for the course and all we need are harsher punishments is foolish. If there was an epidemic of a physical disorder we’d at least try to figure out why. We do have an epidemic of a disorder that is proving fatal, I would hope we have someone trying to find its causes.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:18 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,349,573 times
ANY person who would intentionally do this or who intentionally kills or injures a child in any way deserves to die -- and I don't care what the excuse is! (And, yes, I am not a very compassionate person, as I have acknowledged many times.)

Old 09-04-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
ANY person who would intentionally do this or who intentionally kills or injures a child in any way deserves to die -- and I don't care what the excuse is! (And, yes, I am not a very compassionate person, as I have acknowledged many times.)
But you are a compassionate person - to those who deserve compassion.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:55 PM

1,168 posts, read 776,720 times
Quote:

I wonder if in the future that little kid will grow up to be another mental case with zero frustration tolerance, and another person like Javacoffee will be insisting that he should get the gas chamber. Who cares what he's been through, right?

Never understood the logic behind some human lives being deemed precious while others are irredeemable trash.

Old 09-04-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I wonder if in the future that little kid will grow up to be another mental case with zero frustration tolerance, and another person like Javacoffee will be insisting that he should get the gas chamber. Who cares what he's been through, right?

Never understood the logic behind some human lives being deemed precious while others are irredeemable trash.

I have to try hard not to lose brain cells at some of the comments in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events