Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 11:45 AM

63 posts, read 29,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The Mall of America is one of the biggest malls in the world at 96.4 acres (390,000 m2), enough to fit seven Yankee Stadiums inside.

Confirming the identity of every single person to enter would be virtually impossible without it becoming like airport security which would drive their customer visits down to, oh, about zero. I wouldn't put this on the mall security.
As a former resident of MN, couldn’t say it better. To be avoided at all costs at the Holiday season, people fly in to shop there. No joke. The upper lever was just starting to be occupied when I left.

It would take you 86hrs to visit each store, but only if you spent ten min in each store. 40 million visitors annually.

Please don’t blame security or law enforcement for how they manage security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 12:21 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
He most likely will be found not responsible due to mental disease-anything else would be racist!!

I bet if the perp was Caucasian- everyone would say he's just evil; If he was white and found insane, the comments of "sounds about white" and all that from the Twink Cities SJW would be deafening. Now everyone is bending over backwards to keep him out of prison-solely because he's not white- cause slavery.

I expect the "let's not make everything about race" rebuttals- and you'd be right!!!! EXCEPT that if a white dude tossed a non white child off the balcony, race is ALL anyone would talk about!! My brother lives up there, and most folks are going out of their way to not rip on this guy, since that would go against their narrative that only YT people commit such crimes. The truth no one wants to admit (since saying non whites aren't perfect is racist) is that 99% of ALL races, faiths, ethnicities, are decent, law abiding people just trying to live their lives the best they can, while 1% or so are not so good folks. Saying so isn't racist. What IS racist, is demonizing someone SOLELY because of their race, or faith, but so is excusing them for doing something bad, solely because of it

Old 09-15-2019, 12:41 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,703,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
He most likely will be found not responsible due to mental disease-anything else would be racist!!

I bet if the perp was Caucasian- everyone would say he's just evil; If he was white and found insane, the comments of "sounds about white" and all that from the Twink Cities SJW would be deafening. Now everyone is bending over backwards to keep him out of prison-solely because he's not white- cause slavery.

I expect the "let's not make everything about race" rebuttals- and you'd be right!!!! EXCEPT that if a white dude tossed a non white child off the balcony, race is ALL anyone would talk about!! My brother lives up there, and most folks are going out of their way to not rip on this guy, since that would go against their narrative that only YT people commit such crimes. The truth no one wants to admit (since saying non whites aren't perfect is racist) is that 99% of ALL races, faiths, ethnicities, are decent, law abiding people just trying to live their lives the best they can, while 1% or so are not so good folks. Saying so isn't racist. What IS racist, is demonizing someone SOLELY because of their race, or faith, but so is excusing them for doing something bad, solely because of it
Uh... he's already been convicted and is serving a 19-year prison sentence.

But, hey, at least you got to spout a bunch of racial resentment...

Old 09-15-2019, 12:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
19 years. Prisoners don't like others who hurt kids. It will be a long rough time. Hopefully he serves most of it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...iling-n1013156
Quote:
In case everyone missed it.

19 years in prison.

Old 09-15-2019, 04:28 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:

It’s already been updated that he got 19 years. That’s why the thread was resurrected.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:19 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
'Angels caught me': Boy thrown from mall balcony walking normally, family friend says
A 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America in Minnesota is walking normally again seven months after the attack.
That's according to an update posted Friday by family friend Noah Hanneman on a GoFundMe page which has raised more than $1 million for the boy and his family.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:51 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
'Angels caught me': Boy thrown from mall balcony walking normally, family friend says
A 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America in Minnesota is walking normally again seven months after the attack.
That's according to an update posted Friday by family friend Noah Hanneman on a GoFundMe page which has raised more than $1 million for the boy and his family.
I saw that on the news last night but it didn't say he was walking normally. If he is, that is great! I had forgotten how much time the perp got and when I heard 19 years, I got mad all over again. 19 years is just no way near enough for attempted murder, imo. That's what he, in theory, tried to do in my book.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:21 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
This situation is beyond horrible. I'm glad the guy got what he got for jail time. I'm even happier the kid is doing better and is back in school!!

Old 11-25-2019, 11:37 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Okay, they have collected over a million dollars for him. He is now back in school and "He is now walking PERFECTLY with even legs AMEN". So why is the GoFundMe still open? It sounds like he has made a miraculous recovery. I'm not sure what they need more money for. It sounds like he is fine.

Old 11-26-2019, 03:49 AM

11,443 posts, read 625,059 times
Im very glad to see the boy is almost back to himself....

He may be right about his guardian angel breaking the fall so it wasnt as bad... (They are always around us)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events