Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 08:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,246,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Update:
“After the boy went through a 5-hour MRI —Doctors said they found no brain damage - not even any swelling. ... No spinal damage, no nerve damage...doctors are saying it is truly a miracle." - Cities 97.1

https://kstp.com/news/truly-a-miracl...5325965/?cat=1
Amazing. Just amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 01:38 PM

859 posts, read 705,347 times
It's the God's mercy that saved him.
I think this is the power of the pray. This is the difference between to have a faith or not; I remember I read before, in the very beginning, that his mother was yelling at people to pray after her child being thrown from the third floor. She remembered the God at that critical & horrible moment.
The God answered her.

Congratulations for them!

Old 04-25-2019, 12:08 PM

371 posts, read 555,919 times
The story of the miracle recovery appears to be a tall tale told by either the grandpa or the minister. The boy is still sedated.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...america-attack

Old 04-25-2019, 01:57 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
The story of the miracle recovery appears to be a tall tale told by either the grandpa or the minister. The boy is still sedated.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...america-attack

I didn't get "tall tale" anywhere out of that, just "no comment".
If he declines to say what the parents opinion of that was, that doesn't equal tall tale, so is there something else that was posted that helped to form your opinion, or did you think there can be no testing while sedated?

"Tillitt (attorney) declined to characterize the video or Hammond's comments, or say what his clients thought of them."

Old 04-25-2019, 03:42 PM

371 posts, read 555,919 times
The pastor's third hand account of what the doctor said reported to the congregation as a miracle on Easter may have been overly enthusiastic. For example, nerve damage isn't detected on a MRI.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:54 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddar View Post
The pastor's third hand account of what the doctor said reported to the congregation as a miracle on Easter may have been overly enthusiastic. For example, nerve damage isn't detected on a MRI.
It certainly is detectable with an MRI, where did you get your medical education? An MRI of the spine can show damage to the spinal cord and associated nerves caused by injury. An MRI provides detailed images of soft tissues in the body, including the nervous system.

I still don't see any evidence of a Tall Tale...not yet anyway. Just an attorney with "no comment", and that's not the same.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:59 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I understand this.
Again, my post was in response to some who said specifically that kindergarten-aged kids do not need to have their hands held in public, and that the idea of holding their hands in the mall is almost ridiculous.
I replied that I prefer to hold their hands when walking in crowded places.
If anything, it's more to keep us from getting separated/lost in the crowds.

I am NOT placing ANY blame whatsoever on the mother, as I do not think she did anything wrong at all.
This. Just because something bad could happen in a split second doesn't mean we should throw caution to the wind. One reason for holding a kid's hand in crowds is precisely so adult and child won't become separated, and the child will get lost. It's very easy to get lost among crowds of adults and a maze of tall counters in a store.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:14 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,479,291 times
Apparently the actual family released a statement today
https://nypost.com/2019/04/26/mall-o...s-family-says/

Good to hear after all bad news of murdered kids lately.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 1,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I don't mean to sound harsh. But statements like this bother me. I don't understand how people don't realize that there are bad people. It should be pretty obvious, by the number of people committing violent crimes and other crimes that harm other people. People do most of these things because they want to, they get something out of it and they don't have a conscience. That isn't insanity. I wish people would stop making excuses for people who are just evil, with mental illness or not.

The only mental illness excuse would be if he was not aware of reality. For example there was a young man who had a psychotic episode and was found eating a neighbor in their garage. People discovered this and the young man didn't get up and run away because he was completely out of touch with reality.

But doing something like trying to kill a random person, then immediately trying to escape, because you are aware that you aren't supposed to do this, isn't the same thing. This guy who tried to kill the 5 year old boy, took off and ran away to escape getting caught, because he knew what was going on and that it was wrong. Simply having some mental health issue, isn't a get out of jail free card. Making excuses for people like this doesn't help at all and letting him go free after some 5 or 10 years in a mental hospital is almost as bad as what he did.

Exactly!

Old 04-29-2019, 05:49 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. Just because something bad could happen in a split second doesn't mean we should throw caution to the wind. One reason for holding a kid's hand in crowds is precisely so adult and child won't become separated, and the child will get lost. It's very easy to get lost among crowds of adults and a maze of tall counters in a store.
There was no crowd. Just mother and son looking at the view and some pig runs up and throws the kid over a railing. Sorry, but if we have to be prepared for that, then I suggest we just stay home and use Amazon and close the world out.

Mother did nothing wrong. You can't possibly hold your kids hand 24 hours a day. This is a 1 in a billion. People don't prepare for such things in day to day life. You stop living if you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events