Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 01:51 PM

264 posts, read 138,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
A relatively young married couple dying of the same "natural cause" (pulmonary edema) is a hell of a coincidence and is certainly "out of the ordinary."
funny is how people trust local pathologist when they say the cause of dead was pulmonary edema but when they say, they died of natural causes they scream FAKE! its a cover up, lol the FBI have found no evidence of crime but all the internet detectives suddenly know more. lol

there is nothing suspicious about this, they died because of poor health and obesity, the man that died in Sosua was 400 pounds !!!!
you never heard that fact on the media did you?. because the media wants to create drama. The FBI and the Department of state have both said there is nothing to see here. Just media frenzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,131,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Lot of difference in 50 and 20,000. Not important but I suspect considerably more than 1% of tourists in the DR get sick during their visit.
LOL. Yet, USA remains the largest group of tourist. Where is your source about more than 1% of tourists getting sick?

Dominican Republic accounted for 21 percent of all Caribbean travel with 6,187,542 million tourists. The United States remains the largest source market for Dominican tourism with 2,073,963 million visitors in 2017, and Canada following with 837,000.

Dominican Republic Shares Strong Tourism Numbers and Plans for Continued Growth - GoDominicanRepublic.com

Old 06-23-2019, 02:09 PM
aax

710 posts, read 502,492 times
Do not travel to the DR at this time. Not safe.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:21 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,275,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. Yet, USA remains the largest group of tourist. Where is your source about more than 1% of tourists getting sick?

Dominican Republic accounted for 21 percent of all Caribbean travel with 6,187,542 million tourists. The United States remains the largest source market for Dominican tourism with 2,073,963 million visitors in 2017, and Canada following with 837,000.

Dominican Republic Shares Strong Tourism Numbers and Plans for Continued Growth - GoDominicanRepublic.com

I said I "suspect" more than 1%. I could be wrong but I've seen enough incidence of sickness among tourists to believe that chances are my hunch is correct. This is based on anecdotal observations over multiple visits and one six month period working and living in Cabarete with daily tourist contact as a bartender. Lots of sick tourists. Once you get out of the inclusive resorts, food handling can get sketchy.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:33 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,290,876 times
I truly sympathize with those who got very sick, and with the people who died in the D.R. recently.

From this moment forward, if you choose to vacation there, that decision is on you. No future sympathy for stupidity.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:37 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,131,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I said I "suspect" more than 1%. I could be wrong but I've seen enough incidence of sickness among tourists to believe that chances are my hunch is correct. This is based on anecdotal observations over multiple visits and one six month period working and living in Cabarete with daily tourist contact as a bartender. Lots of sick tourists. Once you get out of the inclusive resorts, food handling can get sketchy.
Food handling would be more sketchy at an all inclusive resort/hotel than a regular restaurant that serves locals.

Not sure why we have all inclusive hotel/resorts in 3rd world countries.

Old 06-24-2019, 11:36 AM

17,524 posts, read 15,646,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Food handling would be more sketchy at an all inclusive resort/hotel than a regular restaurant that serves locals.

Not sure why we have all inclusive hotel/resorts in 3rd world countries.
This. I'd far more trust the eateries that serve the locals than those primarily serving tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events