Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 02:09 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Damned right....and lord only knows the extent of the human suffering and untold loss of life that would result if we were to cease the x-ray screening of old lady's privates.
It is a well known place people use to smuggle drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 02:10 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,629 times
Not one single terrorist has been caught by a TSA employee. They aren't trained experts who are able to deal with a crisis - they are minimum wage drones. We have become so used to having our civil rights violated that we just quietly accept it or are brainwashed into thinking it is an actual deterrent. A TSA employee wouldn't know an actual terrorist from Elmer Fudd. After a series of undercover tests at multiple airports across the country, the Department of Homeland Security concluded last year that TSA officers and equipment had failed to detect mock threats roughly 80% of the time.

The TSA policy of random pat-downs following no flagging, which happens frequently, needs to be put through a strenuous legal test. The pursuit of security should not force Americans to surrender their civil liberties or basic human dignity at a TSA checkpoint. Petty tyrants such as these are exactly the kind of people the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote the Constitution. As Ben Franklin said, "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "

The only useful airport security measures since 9/11 were locking and reinforcing the cockpit doors, so terrorists can’t break in, positive baggage matching—ensuring that people can’t put luggage on planes, and then not board them —and teaching the passengers to fight back. The rest is security theater. If you’re a serious plotter, don’t you think you could get one of those TSA jobs?”

Last edited by Praline; 06-10-2019 at 02:58 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 02:35 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,446,284 times
I was strip searched. It was done with professional processes in mind. As a single female traveling overseas it SHOULD raise an eyebrow. I rarely fight the system that ultimately is safe guarding.
Sorry some have inadequate tsa interactions. The ones that I had to interact with maintained a stand offish attitude . Fair enough.
Bravo to the remark that no tsa ever stopped a terrorist! thanks for that laugh! Do you really think they are going to make a big announcement? No. They are going to have the business as usual and nor create havoc. Ppl are too quick to panic.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:38 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,876,338 times
<snip>
TSA agents found 4,239 total firearms in carry-ons in 2018, an average of 81.6 firearms per week, or 11.6 per day. Of the firearms found, 3,656 (86.15 percent) were loaded—another record—and 1,432 (33.74 percent) of the total had a round chambered.<snip>

https://securitytoday.com/articles/2...-2018.aspx?m=1

The x-ray picture of one carry-on seen in the link above would be a little too alarming for me as a passenger who might be on the same flight as the nutcase who attempted to bring it on. It’s not always about finding just a terrorist; it’s about making “all air travel” a little safer.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Pretty sure the poster was talking more about the possibility of older people snuggling drugs, which is probably what TSA was concerned about when checking to see what a "Grandma" had stuffed between her legs.

Preventing another 9/11 isn't the only reason we go through security checks at the airport.
Another person who doesn't believe in The Constitution. I wonder how many young people today have ever heard of the 4th Amendment or begin to understand why it is in the Bill of Rights.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
<snip>
TSA agents found 4,239 total firearms in carry-ons in 2018, an average of 81.6 firearms per week, or 11.6 per day. Of the firearms found, 3,656 (86.15 percent) were loaded—another record—and 1,432 (33.74 percent) of the total had a round chambered.<snip>

https://securitytoday.com/articles/2...-2018.aspx?m=1

The x-ray picture of one carry-on seen in the link above would be a little too alarming for me as a passenger who might be on the same flight as the nutcase who attempted to bring it on. It’s not always about finding just a terrorist; it’s about making “all air travel” a little safer.
So now you've gone from VERY, VERY, wrong in the OP to search away, TSA?

How many firearms were found through invasive body scans/searches? THAT is what this thread was supposed to be about. The search of carry-on packages/luggage is another matter altogether and is controversial in few eyes.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Another person who doesn't believe in The Constitution. I wonder how many young people today have ever heard of the 4th Amendment or begin to understand why it is in the Bill of Rights.
Don't buy a plane ticket if you don't want to be searched by TSA.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I was strip searched. It was done with professional processes in mind. As a single female traveling overseas it SHOULD raise an eyebrow. I rarely fight the system that ultimately is safe guarding.
Sorry some have inadequate tsa interactions. The ones that I had to interact with maintained a stand offish attitude . Fair enough.
Bravo to the remark that no tsa ever stopped a terrorist! thanks for that laugh! Do you really think they are going to make a big announcement? No. They are going to have the business as usual and nor create havoc. Ppl are too quick to panic.
This thread is now officially comedy.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:34 PM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
No you weren't. The TSA says they do not strip search.
Why wouldn't they make an announcement ? It would be in various Federal reports.
The CBP reported they caught 6 terrorists last year in a 6 month period trying to sneak into the country via the southern border.

18-GED-no drugs. That's who's groping you at the airport and keeping the US "safe".
They have a consistent 90%+ FAILURE rate of detecting threats.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:45 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,096,551 times
Quote:
Damned right....and lord only knows the extent of the human suffering and untold loss of life that would result if we were to cease the x-ray screening of old lady's privates.
I wasn’t saying it was rational; I was just wondering what could have been their ... rationale. It’s probably the most common way that tools & drugs get smuggled into the prison population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events