Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,514,055 times

Advertisements

Women of all ages wear pads for various reasons. I have been patted down a few times but I would demand a supervisor if they wanted to strip search me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Women of all ages wear pads for various reasons. I have been patted down a few times but I would demand a supervisor if they wanted to strip search me.
I don’t think it was a pad, from the description. More an internal apparatus.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:15 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
How old was grandma? She may be a little old to need a “feminine hygiene product.” Maybe that’s why the TSA was skeptical.

I googled her. She's 51. Many women still menstruate at that age (average age, also googled, of menopause is between 45-55).

Old 06-11-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I googled her. She's 51. Many women still menstruate at that age (average age, also googled, of menopause is between 45-55).
If she’s only 51, why do they refer to her as Grandma? To try to get sympathy for her?

Old 06-11-2019, 02:18 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,641,076 times
Quote:
If she’s only 51, why do they refer to her as Grandma? To try to get sympathy for her?
That's what I was wondering too. Too many articles use "a mom" or "a grandma" or a "veteran" when it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. I've also rarely seen men described as "a father" or "a grandfather" in various headlines, seems to be mainly reserved for women.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
That's what I was wondering too. Too many articles use "a mom" or "a grandma" or a "veteran" when it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject. I've also rarely seen men described as "a father" or "a grandfather" in various headlines, seems to be mainly reserved for women.
Exactly!

Old 06-11-2019, 06:11 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,937 times
Quote:
As I understand it, this is a low paying job. You get what you pay for.
Quite honestly, at a busy airport, JFK, Logan, Atlanta, O’Hare, the TSA guys must be ready to explode, after a couple of hours of dealing with John Q. Public.
I was at La Guardia maybe 5 years ago, travelling to Fort Myers FL.
Going through security, there was a TSA guy calling, “Remove belts, shoes, and everything from your pockets.”
I walked through the security arch, and BUZZ, I went back and tried again, BUZZ, went through a third time, still no good, this guy patted me down, somehow, I had a dime in the breast pocket of my shirt.
He said, “What part of empty all your pockets didn’t your limey ears understand?”
I wanted to smack him in the mouth, but sanity prevailed, and I mumbled an apology.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
I don’t think it was a pad, from the description. More an internal apparatus.
It was a pad.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/tsa-s...search-lawsuit

Old 06-11-2019, 08:36 PM

135 posts, read 89,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Quite honestly, at a busy airport, JFK, Logan, Atlanta, O’Hare, the TSA guys must be ready to explode, after a couple of hours of dealing with John Q. Public.
I was at La Guardia maybe 5 years ago, travelling to Fort Myers FL.
Going through security, there was a TSA guy calling, “Remove belts, shoes, and everything from your pockets.”
I walked through the security arch, and BUZZ, I went back and tried again, BUZZ, went through a third time, still no good, this guy patted me down, somehow, I had a dime in the breast pocket of my shirt.
He said, “What part of empty all your pockets didn’t your limey ears understand?”
I wanted to smack him in the mouth, but sanity prevailed, and I mumbled an apology.
Oh yeah, I've encountered the mean-spirited, chastising TSA agents. There was one guy who told me to "turn around" after I went through the metal detector, so I did. Then he said "no, the other way" and rolled his eyes and grunted.

Combine low pay with a power trip and it shouldn't be surprising that many of them are rude.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:45 PM

43,055 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:
Link?
2015-2016-2017..plenty more but I think this is enough that you get the idea

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-fails-...ry?id=51022188
MSP fails 95 percent of security tests, sources say - Story | KMSP
https://www.usnews.com/news/national...over-operation
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/83680926-157.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hrough-n367851
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events