Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 07:18 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I've read that he is Chloe's grandmother's husband. Not a biological grandparent.

Edited: That fact is mentioned here, in the second paragraph:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ather-n1073691
He's not her grandfather then but the media and the family, attorney, everyone refers to him as Chloe's grandfather and that is incorrect then; he is accurately her grandmother's husband. I'm sure it doesn't mean that he cares about Chloe any less, but it's not reporting the story with the right facts. He's not her grandfather. She has a maternal grandfather somewhere.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:20 PM

Is there such a thing as a step-grandfather, step-aunt, or step-uncle?

Old 12-14-2019, 07:31 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
counter suit would be appropriate.

Lost hours at sea by other passengers
Extra Port charges for "tying up" during police investigation.
Lost staff hours.
Lost revenue by RCI
Negative press
RCI legal costs

This could be a very expensive pursuit for grandpa.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:37 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
I wish we could volunteer to be on a jury! This case appears to be without merit and the parents are beyond belief. The lawyer is twisting the facts to make the cruise line look bad. In reality the only people that look bad are the parents, the grandpa, and the lawyer. They do not deserve a penny!

Old 12-14-2019, 07:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,621 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I wish we could volunteer to be on a jury! This case appears to be without merit and the parents are beyond belief. The lawyer is twisting the facts to make the cruise line look bad. In reality the only people that look bad are the parents, the grandpa, and the lawyer. They do not deserve a penny!
There's a reason they spoon off people who are trying to get on a jury.

Thank God.

Old 12-14-2019, 09:29 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Me too, family wouldn't see a penny from a jury I was on either!

Old 12-15-2019, 12:25 AM

The family shouldn't be suing Royal Caribbean. I think they are being led by that attorney they hired. This isn't the fault of the cruise line, it is the "grandfather's" lapse in judgement or being distracted, we still don't know what happened to make him let go of the baby.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:17 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Is there such a thing as a step-grandfather, step-aunt, or step-uncle?

Of course there are! My grandfather (step) married my grandmother when my mother was 2. Her "real" father left when she was 9 months old and she never had contact with him again.

My true gf was the man who raised her, clothed, fed and worked like a dog to support his family. He had 3 children with my gm and they were never treated any differently than my mom and her older sister; our cousins were not 1/2 cousins. My mom just used his last name (this was in the 40s and nobody cared that it wasn't "legal".

When we heard that my blood gf had died it was shrugged off because we did not know him. When MY Papa died he was surrounded by his kids, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and a couple of great-grandchildren.

It was definitely a case of love being thicker than blood.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,621 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
counter suit would be appropriate.

Lost hours at sea by other passengers
Extra Port charges for "tying up" during police investigation.
Lost staff hours.
Lost revenue by RCI
Negative press
RCI legal costs

This could be a very expensive pursuit for grandpa.
So it seems to you, that an enormous corporation suing a grandpa (and yes, that's what he is, bio or not), for their inconvenience during the accidental death of his grandbaby, would be profitable.

There is 0 way that would work out in the cruise line's favor in front of a jury.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:40 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So it seems to you, that an enormous corporation suing a grandpa (and yes, that's what he is, bio or not), for their inconvenience during the accidental death of his grandbaby, would be profitable.

There is 0 way that would work out in the cruise line's favor in front of a jury.
Negligent death of the child... It was 100% preventable if grandpa hadn't placed her on a railing in front of an open window and let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events