Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2019, 11:20 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,778,896 times

Advertisements

OMG! The video clearly shows him leaning THROUGH the window, and then he lifts the toddler and puts her through the window, and drops her. It doesn't even look like he was holding her up for a view - it looks as if he realized the window was open, picked the kid up, and put her right out it. How horrible.

I'm sure he was drunk, or demented, or both. The only way that Royal Caribbean could have prevented this would be to have plexiglass that could not be opened, that went 8 feet up, thus preventing passengers from seeing anything except through plexiglass - the way hotel room windows nowadays cannot be opened more than a few inches.

I for one would not want to be on a ship that didn't have any deck areas where one could look out at the scenery, without having to look through a plexiglass barrier. But I bet that after this, there will be limits in all public areas, limits like vertical plexiglass walls with one foot gaps for viewing, but that even an infant could not be stuffed through.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:23 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,269,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
OMG! The video clearly shows him leaning THROUGH the window, and then he lifts the toddler and puts her through the window, and drops her. It doesn't even look like he was holding her up for a view - it looks as if he realized the window was open, picked the kid up, and put her right out it. How horrible.

I'm sure he was drunk, or demented, or both. The only way that Royal Caribbean could have prevented this would be to have plexiglass that could not be opened, that went 8 feet up, thus preventing passengers from seeing anything except through plexiglass - the way hotel room windows nowadays cannot be opened more than a few inches.

I for one would not want to be on a ship that didn't have any deck areas where one could look out at the scenery, without having to look through a plexiglass barrier. But I bet that after this, there will be limits in all public areas, limits like vertical plexiglass walls with one foot gaps for viewing, but that even an infant could not be stuffed through.
Right - he just picked her up and tossed her out.

As for it being a childrens' play area - do they normally have a bar too? You can see it in the background. Probably 10 feet from where he tossed the little girl out the window.

I'm sure the camera video from that angle has not been shared by the police.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:32 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Unforgivable. Apparently Grandpa was dangling her out an 11th story window.

How ghastly.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/na...8-dc8fd5d44ef0
Was his last name Jackson?

Old 12-22-2019, 05:13 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
He clearly leaned out the window. So the "I'm color blind" defense was pointless.

What story is he going with now?

Old 12-22-2019, 05:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,049 times
Default What is there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I watched the videos from La Comay again. I do understand Spanish, so knew what they were saying.

There are probably more videos with an angle from the bar that is against the back wall there.
The video from the link on this thread is so grainy and far away from the person(s) that I'm wondering where are people getting all the details from. I can't see any of this action that everyone is talking about. Do you have a link for a clear video?

Old 12-22-2019, 06:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
The video from the link on this thread is so grainy and far away from the person(s) that I'm wondering where are people getting all the details from. I can't see any of this action that everyone is talking about. Do you have a link for a clear video?
I do agree, I had to be told what I was looking at before I could see it, so not very clear.

I'm wondering if they have video (I'm guessing they do, but it's not been leaked) from outside the ship, showing that side. Whether he did lean out the window, and hold Chloe out the window.

I know in cases of people falling off cruise ships, they have video from cameras posted on the outside the cruise ship.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:08 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Was his last name Jackson?
Be my best friend lol!!!

Old 12-22-2019, 06:47 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
The videos in this link were better than the first video posted. They are in color and clearer and show both slow-mo and regular speed and with arrows so that you can follow the subjects. You have to deal with a lot of cutaway to the weird hosts though. When I watched them I copied the video link to a new tab and then watched it full size, which also helped.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:51 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
I am pretty sure they have more footage than what was leaked to the public. I am thinking that the bar area would have multiple cameras to check up on passengers drinking (just in case of legal stuff) and also to watch the bartenders and the till - lots of places have cameras in place to watch over both customers and employees for whatever purposes they have in mind. I am sure there is better footage, I would think all the footage out there would show that RC is not at fault but maybe they can't comment or release it as yet. Maybe, it will be leaked later, just like this grainy low quality footage.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:52 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
Oh, I forgot, on ships we have drink cards, well maybe to check if bartenders are properly punching the cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events