Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 09:24 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
This was a horrible incident and I do not believe the grandfather did this on purpose.

I think it is a POSSIBILITY, that the grandfather did know the window was open and just decided to pick up the granddaughter to see the view. And now he is saying he didn't know the window was open to protect himself. I can't even imagine how he must feel.

(snip).
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The bolded is the conclusion I've come to, too. It's not possible to not see the window is open. Knowing it was open, he should have stepped to the side, to a window that was closed. Infants and toddlers are squirmy and unpredictable. I guess only moms, and a few dads, who handle them for hours every day are cognizant of that, though.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I also think he knew the window was open. It's too much of a coincidence that he chose the one spot with an open window. Besides, how can you not know a window is open when you're right in front of or next to it?
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
He clearly didn't mean harm. It's unfortunate he can't admit to making a mistake, regardless of how it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
[/b]

It's called self-preservation, I believe. Also denial. It is the only way he can continue on living. If he admitted to killing his granddaughter, even if it was by accident, or unintentionally, it would make him lose his mind..............
I agree.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:35 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
A lot of men, sometimes women, will walk around with young children on their shoulders. I've never thought that was safe. If the child falls and hits the floor the wrong way then it can cause serious injuries.
Many people do not realize how wiggly and quick toddlers are and how dangerous even common activities can be.

I am a retired special education teacher. I had two different students who were in my classroom because they accidently fell/climbed out of a grocery cart as toddlers and suffered brain damage when they hit the floor. Not one, but two students! (This was before those portable, detachable car seats that some parents use now in shopping carts.)

Old 07-11-2019, 10:37 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
At the end of the day, that grandfather must be out of his mind.

I couldn't handle it. At. All.

Old 07-11-2019, 11:01 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
A lot of men, sometimes women, will walk around with young children on their shoulders. I've never thought that was safe. If the child falls and hits the floor the wrong way then it can cause serious injuries.
I think that's incredibly stupid too.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:45 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,096 times
I just watched a story where they showed footage filmed from inside the ship by her father "shortly after it happened" and the exterior of the ship. Its nighttime. Was it dark when she fell? If so, that would certainly explain his inability to tell which window was open since a little better

Old 07-12-2019, 04:53 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
I just watched a story where they showed footage filmed from inside the ship by her father "shortly after it happened" and the exterior of the ship. Its nighttime. Was it dark when she fell? If so, that would certainly explain his inability to tell which window was open since a little better
The reports I've read said it happened in the afternoon.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
[/b]

It's called self-preservation, I believe. Also denial. It is the only way he can continue on living. If he admitted to killing his granddaughter, even if it was by accident, or unintentionally, it would make him lose his mind..............
We have no idea what he or the family is saying and private conversations. I’m sure he blames himself mightily. He is under no obligation to make a public admission of anything.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:
[/b]

I suspect he is completely distraught. He must know his actions caused her death. I feel for all those whose lives have been ripped apart by this tragedy.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:39 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
I was reading this thread last night and my mind was so confused reading about the multiple mentions of this event compared to a hockey game. Now, this morning, it's not any clearer.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I was reading this thread last night and my mind was so confused reading about the multiple mentions of this event compared to a hockey game. Now, this morning, it's not any clearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events