Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 10:07 AM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They'd been to a party? I doubt they'd have done this if they'd been sober. Alcohol causes some people to do heinous things, like rapes. Who was serving alcohol to underage students or former students? Are the police going after the people responsible for the party, too? They broke the law in serving alcohol to teens.

According to the article, the duck survived. The boys thought they'd beaten it to death, but hadn't.
If this is what they do when they've been drinking, they need to be banned from drinking for life. I don't care if it has to be tattooed on their foreheads: DO NOT SERVE ALCOHOL TO THIS PERSON. If a bit of drinking turns someone into a person who gangs up on and terrorizes/tortures/kills weak defenseless living things for funsies, they should not be allowed to so much as look at pictures of a liquor store.

It doesn't matter why/how they did it. They did it. It's not the fault of the alcohol. Most people I know would think "doing bad things because of drinking" would mean dancing too much or drunk-texting their boss, not treating another creature with extreme cruelty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 10:46 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
This kind of stuff really makes me upset. People who abuse and torture defenseless animals are the lowliest scum on earth. Perhaps they should suffer the same fate as their innocent victims.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:25 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
If this is what they do when they've been drinking, they need to be banned from drinking for life. I don't care if it has to be tattooed on their foreheads: DO NOT SERVE ALCOHOL TO THIS PERSON. If a bit of drinking turns someone into a person who gangs up on and terrorizes/tortures/kills weak defenseless living things for funsies, they should not be allowed to so much as look at pictures of a liquor store.

It doesn't matter why/how they did it. They did it. It's not the fault of the alcohol. Most people I know would think "doing bad things because of drinking" would mean dancing too much or drunk-texting their boss, not treating another creature with extreme cruelty.
Very true. I was by no means making excuses. But I would like to see the cops investigate the party hosts. There have been too many crimes resulting from college parties, involving underage students. IMO it's time LE sent the message, that that will be taken seriously. But maybe that's just me...

Old 07-13-2019, 11:26 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
If they had just waited until hunting season, they could have legally shot numerous ducks to death every day 'for fun'.
You understand that going unchecked the bird population would wreak havoc on farms that grow rice. People have no idea how the animal population would multiply when it goes unchecked. Considering each female duck can have up to 4-5 ducklings. Which will grow pretty quickly. To add to the whole flock.
Same with pretty much any animal out there. 1 million female deer all pregnant would double the population n a area. Most would starve to death as they would eat everything that is consumable.

I’m absolutely not condoning what those two imbeciles did. I would have no issue throwing them in jail for a few years. Even though I hunt, I respect the wilderness. I don’t go out there to mow down everything that moves. I may take a few ducks but I don’t go bloodlust crazy. I make stews or roast them. But I eat everything I hunt for.

I wouldn’t dream of doing such thing to a animal as those two did

Old 07-13-2019, 11:29 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
You understand that going unchecked the bird population would wreak havoc on farms that grow rice. People have no idea how the animal population would multiply when it goes unchecked. Considering each female duck can have up to 4-5 ducklings. Which will grow pretty quickly. To add to the whole flock.
Same with pretty much any animal out there. 1 million female deer all pregnant would double the population n a area. Most would starve to death as they would eat everything that is consumable.

I’m absolutely not condoning what those two imbeciles did. I would have no issue throwing them in jail for a few years. Even though I hunt, I respect the wilderness. I wouldn’t dream of doing such thing to a animal as those two did
Some of us have a very clear idea. Parts of the US have a serious problem with the explosion of the Canada goose population, which in the previous century didn't exist in the US. Now they're all over the place, making a mess around reservoirs, swimming lakes and parks. It's a potential public health issue, not to mention a potential aviation hazard, a la "miracle on the Hudson".

But we're getting off track, here.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
This kind of stuff really makes me upset. People who abuse and torture defenseless animals are the lowliest scum on earth. Perhaps they should suffer the same fate as their innocent victims.
If only we had an eye for an eye

Quote:
Very true. I was by no means making excuses. But I would like to see the cops investigate the party hosts. There have been too many crimes resulting from college parties, involving underage students. IMO it's time LE sent the message, that that will be taken seriously. But maybe that's just me...
Agree. Whoever got them the alcohol should be charged with something too

Old 07-13-2019, 01:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Hunting, generally for food, though sometimes for sport (which is "for fun" and I dont agree with) is hardly the same thing as beating an animal repeatedly with a bat. People have been hunting for sustenance for hundred of thousands of years. It isnt cruel to feed yourself. And a bullet is a much more humane death and an arrow or spear and certainly more than a bat. That's hardly a fair comparison
Most everyone I know hunts for fun. Not food.
Some do eat what they kill. Not all.

They are excited and make plans and describe the killings with wide eyed enthusiasm.
They take their children and make a party out of it.

The only part of the comparison that is not fair is none of the hunters I know would torture an animal on purpose.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:23 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Some of us have a very clear idea. Parts of the US have a serious problem with the explosion of the Canada goose population, which in the previous century didn't exist in the US. Now they're all over the place, making a mess around reservoirs, swimming lakes and parks. It's a potential public health issue, not to mention a potential aviation hazard, a la "miracle on the Hudson".

But we're getting off track, here.
Unfortunately Ruthie lots of people are clueless. They see animals as hav8ng human like qualities. I’m nit going to debate that animals have nurture and some attributes but you’re right we’re talking about two morons that beat a animal for absolutely no reason. I can see if the duck had been a pit bull attacking to defend yourself. Otherwise no it’s a stupid thing to do. Like spitting in food at supermarkets

Old 07-13-2019, 01:29 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
What big men! I wonder. Did the duck put up a good fight?

Rotten things.

Old 07-13-2019, 01:48 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,244,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most everyone I know hunts for fun. Not food.
Some do eat what they kill. Not all.

They are excited and make plans and describe the killings with wide eyed enthusiasm.
They take their children and make a party out of it.

The only part of the comparison that is not fair is none of the hunters I know would torture an animal on purpose.
I dont know anyone who hunts solely for fun, though hunting is fun for them, they also eat and donate all their kills.

What these men did was disgusting and cruel and everyone knows that people that torture animals will likely escalate to abusing children and weaker people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events