Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:05 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,206,065 times

Advertisements

Exactly ^^^^. How is this different from shooting them with a shotgun "for fun"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 11:40 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Skunks and possums are condidered pests in many areas, they can endanger pets and carry diseases like rabies. Thus there is nothing wrong with killing them "just because" if its quick and humane. Personally I dont kill such animals unless efforts to shoo them away fail and they become a nuisance and move in. Possums in particular will do this partly because stupid humans think they are cute when young and feed them.
If a possum enters your home, clear a path to the door they came in, maybe even put a few boxes alongside to guide them, then make the area dark and quiet and leave it.

Oh please. The animals weren't bothering anybody. It's not like there were hundreds of them. Just 1 or 2 here and there. You just don't kill for fun and thrills. That is a mental illness. The guy was killing cats too and burying them in his yard. A real sicko.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:05 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Hunters cull the herd.

There is a reason there is a limit time and amount of animals that can hunted.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:03 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
Duck season.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:31 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
A goose would be more understandable. They're despicable. Ducks are cuddly and sweet.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:18 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Oh please. The animals weren't bothering anybody. It's not like there were hundreds of them. Just 1 or 2 here and there. You just don't kill for fun and thrills. That is a mental illness. The guy was killing cats too and burying them in his yard. A real sicko.
When did I ever advocate killing for fun and thrills? My post about possums and skunks was about them being pests. Which some people also consider feral cats to be.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:28 PM

8,751 posts, read 5,044,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
When did I ever advocate killing for fun and thrills? My post about possums and skunks was about them being pests. Which some people also consider feral cats to be.
There are many people that are real pest.......I wouldn`t dream of hurting them.

Old 07-16-2019, 04:47 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Duck season.
Wabbit season!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:12 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLfan1977 View Post
Crimes like this against animals need to carry much heavier penalties, including jail time.

They may excuse their actions on alcohol, but I believe most people, even after drinking, would not do something so heinous.
Drinking and being drunk simply let's the "real you" out for the public to see. If you'll do something this heinous when drunk, you'd most likely do it sober too....except you're inhibited due to fear of what others would think of you if you did what you know is an immoral and socially unacceptable act....but one to your personal liking.

I'm tired of blaming alcohol for what someone did. You drink, the real uninhibited "you" comes out. Now we know who you really are beneath all that fancy fake window dressing you display for us when sober.

For whatever reason, cruelty to animals hits me harder than about anything else. I don't hunt, but as others have said, I don't mind those who hunt for food and at least attempt to kill an animal as quick and pain free as possible....but simply beating and torturing a defenseless animal, you're nothing but worthless a dirt bag, who will never be able to redeem yourself in my eyes.

That's not a very forgiving and chartable way for me to be...but I'm just being honest. Serious animal cruelty, like this incident, is just one act I cannot forgive once the act is committed.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:37 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times
Saw that on facebook. Trash !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events