Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 06:48 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,206,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Hunters cull the herd.

There is a reason there is a limit time and amount of animals that can hunted.

There are exotic animals that were imported into America just so hunters would have a herd to proudly cull. like they are doing us a favor..

Yes, there is a reason -- it is because most hunters are a bunch of bloodthirsty jerks who would kill them all, "for fun" if given a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 07:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Even if you dont eat, hunting is the practice/skill/art of obtaining sustenance.

You can celebrate that, and not be sadistic or evil even if you dont eat the animal.
See. This is exactly what I was saying.

I don't see the difference between bludgeoning an animal to death vs. shooting it ESPECIALLY if you aren't hungry.

And NJ Brazen has proven my point. "Celebrating" killing animals, even if you have no intention of eating them?

Old 07-17-2019, 01:45 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

I don't see the difference between bludgeoning an animal to death vs. shooting it ESPECIALLY if you aren't hungry.

And NJ Brazen has proven my point. "Celebrating" killing animals, even if you have no intention of eating them?
Thats just sickening that you don't see the difference.

How would you like to be beaten to death? It wouldn't be one hit, it would be multiple blows that hurt and cause pain. Hunters arent trying to do that. Even sport hunters arent trying to TORTURE the animals!

Old 07-17-2019, 07:47 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,448,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Thats just sickening that you don't see the difference.

How would you like to be beaten to death? It wouldn't be one hit, it would be multiple blows that hurt and cause pain. Hunters arent trying to do that. Even sport hunters arent trying to TORTURE the animals!
The point is an animal dies regardless of the method. Why would you take a life for SPORT? Is it some kind of thrill you get out of bringing death upon another living creature?

Old 07-17-2019, 08:59 AM

6,449 posts, read 9,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
The point is an animal dies regardless of the method. Why would you take a life for SPORT? Is it some kind of thrill you get out of bringing death upon another living creature?

Animals die everyday so people can eat lol Big difference between hunting and torture that some people think is the same lol I would much rather be killed with 1 shot than to be tortured, but I guess some of you would rather be tortured?

I thought this was talking about torture vs hunting, not hunting itself. I think a lot of people in this thread would have starved 100 years ago haha

Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
Listen, I don't get hunting/killing for sport either. But cannot we just agree as reasonable people that dying quickly is better than being tortured?????????? Geez...this doesn't seem that complicated an issue.

We can discussing hunting for sport another day. As I said, I don't get that either....but at least let's give sport hunters a point or two if they try to kill their sport animal quickly and with as little pain as possible. The mind that wishes to torture an animal on it's protracted way to death is indeed a sick and depraved individual.

On a scale of 1-10. A sport hunter killing as quickly as possible may be a 5, one who wishes to needlessly torture an animal on it's way to death is a negative 252 in comparison.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Celebrating the skill/craft/art of hunting for sustenance. You are not celebrating the pain and suffering you cause an animal.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:37 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
I would never trust the monsters that abuse animals like this, around my children. They deserve to rot in hell. How can anyone do this to a helpless animal. You know they would abuse a child, if given the chance.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:53 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
When people commit atrocities like this and find it to be "fun" they demonstrate that they lack any sort of moral code, empathy or a conscious. They are monsters that look like humans. These are the same types of people that go on to commit heinous crimes upon humans. I'm not just talking about physical crimes like rape or murder. The two from this story are the same type of people that commit white collar crimes (the Bernie Madoff type of crime) that destroy thousands of lives.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/ex-ala...ball-bat-cops/
What can you say? Terrible. End of the world may be approaching, but then again perhaps these things always happened, but with no internet, nobody knew about them.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:03 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,569,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Drinking and being drunk simply let's the "real you" out for the public to see. If you'll do something this heinous when drunk, you'd most likely do it sober too....except you're inhibited due to fear of what others would think of you if you did what you know is an immoral and socially unacceptable act....but one to your personal liking.
This is an interesting side topic.

I'm not sure I agree with your theory. If it's all about fear of what others would think then people who behave poorly when drunk would have the same behaviors when nobody was around and there was no risk of getting caught. For some reason I doubt these boys would have done this to the duck if they were sober and nobody else was around.

Alcohol impairs judgement. People don't think as clearly about consequences of their actions, either for themselves or someone else. That is far different than them always having that state of mind yet hiding it because of unwillingness to risk offending society's norms. I remember a Dr. Phil where the woman would get drunk and buy all kinds of crap online. Clearly that isn't a case of her fearing what others' think since nobody (well, except the postal carrier) knows that she's doing it, it's a case of her judgement being off on whether she actually needs those things or can afford those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events