Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 10:29 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,495,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
I wonder if the man had any comments about Miley's (ahem) privates? Maybe this will come out...
Lets hope not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 10:30 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,517,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Miley is my hero. He chased away the bad man with a knife putting his own life at risk, got out of his leash with never taking off his collar, and then walked for miles dragging his bum leg while fighting off wolves, bears and giant birds. After all of that, he still somehow had the strength to bring back a search party to save his momma.
Miley should get his own reality show. Then they’d have money to pay for the PI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
One of the articles I read said she just happened to have a turkey treat in her pocket that she rationed for the dog. This woman definitely leads a charmed life with every possible problem she encounters having a solution.

I have to correct the dogs sex though. I thought Miley was a he also, but rereading something the son wrote and he called Miley she.

Just remembered one of the news anchors called Miley a shero lol!
Miley may be cis-het. It’s hard to tell.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Miley should get his own reality show. Then they’d have money to pay for the PI.

Miley may be cis-het. It’s hard to tell.
Lol...….well so far we've only ever seen the dog sleeping...…….

Old 07-18-2019, 10:43 AM

14,451 posts, read 11,950,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
People keep saying this, but we know there were no other cars or campers in the area. There were no potential witnesses. The fact that there were no witnesses doesn't confirm or deny her story, of course; it only means this isn't a point to use in disproving her story. There's already enough other ammunition for that.

The only way her story could be true, I'm reaching the conclusion, is if someone dropped a hiker off before she and her husband arrived, so the guy could hike down to whatever destination he'd chosen, where the drop-off person would be waiting with the car. Or maybe he planned to hike all the way to the nearest town, whatever. It's possible. But given that they were near the end of the campground road at one point, it seems odd that he would be at the starting point of a hike just as they arrived and were getting set up, when as far as we know, they encountered no car departing, as they were arriving and scouting the area out.
If there was a guy there, he got there somehow, and I refuse to believe he was dropped off. We're talking about the end of a dead-end road off 395, 20 miles up from the highway. There's only one way in and out. The hiking destinations are all up, not down. What people do is drive up the road with their car full of everything they will need, including food and water since none is available out there, park, then camp for a few days and day hike up White Mountain or up to the Bristlecone Pines. Then they drive back down.

Also, it's high season for camping in the wilderness and the Bristlecone Pine Forest is a popular hiking destination. The campground has 26 sites. There was no one else camping there in July? It's believable that there was no one else at the end of the road where the Powells stopped, but did they really say there were no cars parked anywhere else in the campground? That's not the same thing as saying no cars passed them as they drove in.

If there were NO cars and NO campers, then 99% chance the man was a figment of her imagination.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:45 AM

1,153 posts, read 572,639 times
I don't think law enforcement believes her.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
If there was a guy there, he got there somehow, and I refuse to believe he was dropped off. We're talking about the end of a dead-end road off 395, 20 miles up from the highway. There's only one way in and out. The hiking destinations are all up, not down. What people do is drive up the road with their car full of everything they will need, including food and water since none is available out there, park, then camp for a few days and day hike up White Mountain or up to the Bristlecone Pines. Then they drive back down.

Also, it's high season for camping in the wilderness and the Bristlecone Pine Forest is a popular hiking destination. The campground has 26 sites. I refuse to believe that there was no one else camping there in July. I'm sure there was no one else at the end of the road where the Powells stopped, did they really say there were no cars anywhere else in the campground? That's not the same thing as saying no cars passed them as they drove in.
They said they went around and talked to other campers. No details on exactly where the other campers were.

If there was a man he had an hour to get away while the husband was looking for her as long as he didn't cross the husbands path. Then another hour elapsed between the husband calling for help and the first 2 deputies showing up. So he really had 2 hours to either disappear or blend back in with other campers.

As someone earlier said.....maybe you?...…..the description she gave made him sound like possibly another camper. And, at that point they didn't even have a description of him.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:49 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,179,441 times
I never saw the GoFundMe -- what was it purported to be for? She was missing for 4 days, right? On which day was the GoFundMe started, and what were the funds intended for? Apparently none of the funds were used to find her, since all the money is supposedly being refunded. Sometimes I really wonder how it seems almost instantaneous that in any "crisis" situation a crowdfunding campaign springs up.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:55 AM

23,952 posts, read 33,883,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I never saw the GoFundMe -- what was it purported to be for? She was missing for 4 days, right? On which day was the GoFundMe started, and what were the funds intended for? Apparently none of the funds were used to find her, since all the money is supposedly being refunded. Sometimes I really wonder how it seems almost instantaneous that in any "crisis" situation a crowdfunding campaign springs up.
I kept pretty close eye on the go fund me. It was actually up for part of yesterday, gone today.

It was opened to collect money to hire a PI and search helicopter/ SAR when LE leaves because LE was only giving them so many days of looking for her.

After she was found, the go fund me was never closed, it kept taking money. I guess the daughter didn't have time to figure out how to close it. She did send go fund me a message to close it and refund money. It collected almost $30,000; it was $29, something the last time I saw it. Yesterday it was closed to taking money, almost all of the money had been refunded except for a little over $1,000; I don't know why it couldn't be refunded or eventually was after I looked. Today it's gone. No trace of it.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:58 AM

14,451 posts, read 11,950,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
They said they went around and talked to other campers. No details on exactly where the other campers were.

If there was a man he had an hour to get away while the husband was looking for her as long as he didn't cross the husbands path. Then another hour elapsed between the husband calling for help and the first 2 deputies showing up. So he really had 2 hours to either disappear or blend back in with other campers.

As someone earlier said.....maybe you?...…..the description she gave made him sound like possibly another camper. And, at that point they didn't even have a description of him.
Sheryl made it sound like the man was hot on her heels all day since she supposedly kept fleeing for hours. His only way out was to return to the campground, his car, and the road. If it was more than two hours after the incident, the deputies would have spoken to him along with the other campers. Of course, at that time they didn't have a description of anyone they were looking for other than her, but they or other people there would have remembered later if a man who was burly, bald, etc., had suddenly showed up.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I kept pretty close eye on the go fund me. It was actually up for part of yesterday, gone today.

It was opened to collect money to hire a PI and search helicopter/ SAR when LE leaves because LE was only giving them so many days of looking for her.

After she was found, the go fund me was never closed, it kept taking money. I guess the daughter didn't have time to figure out how to close it. She did send go fund me a message to close it and refund money. It collected almost $30,000; it was $29, something the last time I saw it. Yesterday it was closed to taking money, almost all of the money had been refunded except for a little over $1,000; I don't know why it couldn't be refunded or eventually was after I looked. Today it's gone. No trace of it.
There was a message from GoFundMe posted on daughter's facebook page saying it could take 3-7 days to issue all the refunds.

Not sure that's still there. Think she took down everything about her mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events