Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 10:23 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,458,858 times

Advertisements

In an interesting development, the Sheriff's facebook page now says explicitly that their investigation has determined the husband is not connected to her disappearance.

They also mention rattlesnakes as a challenge to their search.

Unfortunately, if she's still alive, she's approaching the 3 day mark without water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,676 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
In an interesting development, the Sheriff's facebook page now says explicitly that their investigation has determined the husband is not connected to her disappearance.

They also mention rattlesnakes as a challenge to their search.

Unfortunately, if she's still alive, she's approaching the 3 day mark without water.
I don't see that comment - I do see them asking twice to keep comments kind, that the family is very worried. Is it a different site where LE states he's not connected?

https://www.facebook.com/InyoCountyS...881?__tn__=H-R

In fact, they reiterated their earlier statement that while it's an active SAR, it's also an active investigation, and anyone with pertinent information is asked to call in.

Last edited by ClaraC; 07-15-2019 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

Here's the story from this morning's Today Show.

The reporter in the video states Law Enforcement has ruled the husband out as being responsible, but the actual cop they talk to at the one minute mark in the video is much more cagey.

At this point, they don't have any definite suspects or direct evidence of criminal activity. No mention of clearing the husband.

Although I'll say after watching him (the husband) he seems sincere.

https://www.today.com/news/family-mi...l-play-t158360

Old 07-15-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't see that comment - I do see them asking twice to keep comments kind, that the family is very worried. Is it a different site where LE states he's not connected?

https://www.facebook.com/InyoCountyS...881?__tn__=H-R

In fact, they reiterated their earlier statement that while it's an active SAR, it's also an active investigation, and anyone with pertinent information is asked to call in.
In the link you posted, hit the heading for Inyo County Sheriff and you will get todays update. The info re him not being involved is at the end of the update.....next to last paragraph.

Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
In the link you posted, hit the heading for Inyo County Sheriff and you will get todays update. The info re him not being involved is at the end of the update.....next to last paragraph.
Thanks! I was looking at the update at the top of the page; scrolling down, I see that comment in an update from an hour ago.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Thanks! I was looking at the update at the top of the page; scrolling down, I see that comment in an update from an hour ago.
YW. Yes, that's it.

Seems early to rule him out so conclusively, so they must have found something pretty convincing.

Maybe they have found enough witnesses or video that match his version of what they did and the timeline.

If he's not involved and he's correct they would have found her by now if she were injured near the campsite that only leaves two things.

Either she was abducted or despite her experience and sense of direction she walked away from the campsite for some reason and got disoriented and lost.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:18 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,429,691 times
Perhaps she let the dog off the leash to do her own business.

I was wondering what type of bears were there.

And you’re right about coyotes. They can be so aggressive and there have been several problems with them with dogs on walks around here. They often have no fear of humans.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,122,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I still don't understand how a bird became a suspect here. There are no birds of prey even remotely large enough to pick up an adult human and fly off, never mind such a bird would be seen by hundreds of people even in Inyo county. It would need a wingspan of a small airplane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
We were taking about a bird attacking the dog, with her running after it and then falling into a crevasse.

That’s all. Just some brainstorming!
Quote:
OK, thanks I misunderstood.
Right now I can look outside my living room window & see the fearsome foursome I call 'The Sentinels'; the huge hawks that perch in precisely the equal distance from each other & guard the street. Just one would have zero problems with a small dog. They do not like cats but that's sort of the way things go. However, I actually WAS talking about a bird with the wingspan of at least a small airplane. That's exactly how the pilot in Alaska described it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hi, Suzy! My statements here in no way should be mistaken to reflect on the credibility of my position on other topics for discussion here on CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Twilight zone...

You're right. A few people have been found in places where only a large bird could have dropped them.
I stepped outside in the middle of the night, onto my front porch that was just a few blocks from the border of Pike National Forest. The first thing I heard sounded like rocks tumbling off the roof & then a rippling sound, like a huge flag unfurling in gale force winds (there was no wind). Next thing was a push of air that knocked me backward & a percussive BOOM popped my eardrums & this huge silhouette shaped like a bird glided over the top of my tree in the front yard & headed southeast over the street. As it reached the other side over the top of my neighbor's house, it let out a scream that gives me chills to this day to think about. An absolutely reptilian croak.

I'm not making assumptions for this case in particular but I know you are a missing persons advocate & are familiar with the National Forest phenomena. The husband got on the roof the next day & it had huge scratches on it with tripod puncture holes about 3-4 feet across.

Definitely; whatever that was had the capability to carry off a human (or cow, deer, horse, etc ...). If I hadn't startled it by slamming the door; I've no doubt it could have been MY shoe found on top of some precipice on Pikes Peak. No doubt at all.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:33 PM

23,895 posts, read 33,644,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Can a large bird carry an adult human? Those are the stories the Bigfoot and UFO enthusiasts love.
I don't know what put the adults on those ledges but something did.

Quote:
Anything is possible. Someone with any experience with wild places and tiny dogs knows not to let a tiny dog off leash to explore a wild area. It's an easy death sentence for the dog. She sounds like she cared a great deal for the dog and was experienced with hiking in natural places. Given that, the chances that she let the dog off leash to wander and explore are probably zero.
With her wearing the dog in every picture, she probably let it pee then put it back in the carrier; wearing the dog while she peed if she had to go too.

Quote:
YW. Yes, that's it.

Seems early to rule him out so conclusively, so they must have found something pretty convincing.

Maybe they have found enough witnesses or video that match his version of what they did and the timeline.

If he's not involved and he's correct they would have found her by now if she were injured near the campsite that only leaves two things.

Either she was abducted or despite her experience and sense of direction she walked away from the campsite for some reason and got disoriented and lost.
It's very possible they're saying he's ruled out when he's not. Look at the case from Thanksgiving, the mother who went missing, her "boyfriend/fiance" was supposedly cleared until LE were sure they had enough evidence to say he murdered her.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:36 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,116,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Right now I can look outside my living room window & see the fearsome foursome I call 'The Sentinels'; the huge hawks that perch in precisely the equal distance from each other & guard the street. Just one would have zero problems with a small dog. They do not like cats but that's sort of the way things go. However, I actually WAS talking about a bird with the wingspan of at least a small airplane. That's exactly how the pilot in Alaska described it.

Hi, Suzy! My statements here in no way should be mistaken to reflect on the credibility of my position on other topics for discussion here on CD.

I stepped outside in the middle of the night, onto my front porch that was just a few blocks from the border of Pike National Forest. The first thing I heard sounded like rocks tumbling off the roof & then a rippling sound, like a huge flag unfurling in gale force winds (there was no wind). Next thing was a push of air that knocked me backward & a percussive BOOM popped my eardrums & this huge silhouette shaped like a bird glided over the top of my tree in the front yard & headed southeast over the street. As it reached the other side over the top of my neighbor's house, it let out a scream that gives me chills to this day to think about. An absolutely reptilian croak.

I'm not making assumptions for this case in particular but I know you are a missing persons advocate & are familiar with the National Forest phenomena. The husband got on the roof the next day & it had huge scratches on it with tripod puncture holes about 3-4 feet across.

Definitely; whatever that was had the capability to carry off a human (or cow, deer, horse, etc ...). If I hadn't startled it by slamming the door; I've no doubt it could have been MY shoe found on top of some precipice on Pikes Peak. No doubt at all.
I seen Moth Man down by the Minnesota River Bottoms one night, I don't need to be convinced that giant flying birds also exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events