Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 PM

14,400 posts, read 11,828,108 times

Advertisements

I see that article references "having his way with me" again. Maybe Mrs. Powell is substituting that phrase for the--presumably more graphic--words he actually used. On the other hand, she certainly didn't sugarcoat anything he said about her grooming habits! May be that they got enough backlash from her son's posting that on Facebook that she is being careful not to repeat exact words any more. At any rate, it seems out of character that the same man would use common vulgarity at the same time as an old-fashioned euphemism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 08:51 PM

17,387 posts, read 11,370,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
One of the reasons she gave for traveling at night rather than day was to avoid the rattlesnakes.
As another poster pointed out, there are no rattlesnakes at that elevation. It's too high.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:52 PM

14,400 posts, read 11,828,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
One of the reasons she gave for traveling at night rather than day was to avoid the rattlesnakes.
It's correct that rattlesnakes are not out at night when the temps dip down to the 40s and 50s. I'm sure they are out all night in places where the summer nights stay warm, but that's not the case here.

Quote:
As another poster pointed out, there are no rattlesnakes at that elevation. It's too high.
That's not true. Maybe some species are not found at 8000 feet, but others are. The searching party also mentioned having to keep the possibility of running into a rattlesnake in mind.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:53 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,471,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
If the dog was basically a bloodhound, then when it broke free of its leash why did it not just go to her 200 yards away?

It wandered around until it was found and then suddenly remembered it wanted to go find its owner?

Better story to have the bad guy show up again and the little dog bravely chased him away. On his way back to mommy, he ran into the searchers and led them to her location.
Well we don't really know how long the dog had been free of his leash before the SAR people found him and how far he had traveled since he broke free.

Maybe he was on the path to his mommy when they found him lol.

Seriously, I don't believe the dog literally led them to her. They said she was 200 yds away from where they found the dog. But, it took them over an hour to find her after they found the dog.

I cant picture them wasting all that time following a dog if it took the little lame dog over an hour to go 200 yds.

So either she's making this up or they told her the dog helped find her(by narrowing the search) and she jumped to her own literal conclusion that the dog actually led them to her.

It's such a feel good ending, I'm sure the Sheriff and the SAR people would have reported that if it happened. They did not.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:58 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,471,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The Sheriff's Dept said rattlesnakes were one of the challenges they were facing during the search.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:01 PM

15,520 posts, read 9,196,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I will be surprised if there are any more updates. Law enforcement will go through the motions of trying to figure out who the knife guy was, but they won't find anything and just drop it at some point. If they don't find a suspect, they'll probably never admit they might think she made the whole thing up.
She's alive, doing interviews and getting her 15 minutes of fame which she seems to being wholeheartedly enjoying.
I have a feeling the cops have already labeled this a mental issue. But they don't have to put that in the report. They have no reason to. They can just accept her report at face value. Victim claimed there was a man with a knife. No other evidence of the man or knife was found. No other witnesses saw the man. There are no suspects. Case closed for lack of father investigative leads.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:05 PM

17,387 posts, read 11,370,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I have a feeling the cops have already labeled this a mental issue. But they don't have to put that in the report. They have no reason to. They can just accept her report at face value. Victim claimed there was a man with a knife. No other evidence of the man or knife was found. No other witnesses saw the man. There are no suspects. Case closed for lack of father investigative leads.
Yup, you summed it up perfectly.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,436,523 times
+1. Mental/domestic issue. Close the book.

Old 07-17-2019, 09:16 PM

102,300 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And I have another, very minor, point to bring up. Sheryl stated she tied her dog Miley up by the water hole, and somehow Miley escaped the leash.

When found, this dog was wearing her original collar, and blue ID tag, but apparently with no leash.

How does a dog escape being tied up, where they somehow disconnect their leash but their collar is still intact?

Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,436,523 times
For those who aren’t able to see the interview videos- I just did. And in my mind she has gone from “spry, experienced hiker” to somewhat of a loon. No insult to the bird intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events