Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2019, 07:43 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,857,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
She said he grabbed her by the wrist, threatened to hurt her and the dog if she didn't do what he said. She said she pretended to comply and then at some point was able to break away from him, scoop up the dog and run for her life with him chasing her.
Yeah sorry, I am not taking time to scoop up a dog if someone is standing there threatening me with a knife. Dang that guy was slow. Maybe he was actually a turtle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:45 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Yeah sorry, I am not taking time to scoop up a dog if someone is standing there threatening me with a knife. Dang that guy was slow. Maybe he was actually a turtle?
I was thinking he must have been in his 80s or had a severe disability.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:48 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,449,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Huh? ^^

OK, let's try this question again.

Why did she get out of the car in the first place; he was parking the car at a designated spot near their campsite to begin with, he didn't 'leave' per se.

I'm not buying the excuse that the dog had to go potty, so she needed to wander off. Was the dog that bashful that he needed privacy ?
The husband was turning the car around and getting it fully off the main road. He was backing into the campsite so they could more easily unload their camping gear.

The dog didn't need privacy. She probably just wanted to take it toward brush on the edge of the camp site. You wouldn't want your dog peeing or pooping in middle of where you plan to camp. Plus I think its a male dog and they like something to pee up against.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think they were in search of an appropriate tent site; this wasn't a cordoned off area with numbered and marked tent pads.

So he parked the car on the road so they could scout the area together. When they located a site they wanted to use, he walked the very short distance to the car to repark it so they could pitch camp, while she stayed under the tree at the site to stay cool.

Or anyway, that's what'd been described early on.
I did hear the husband say in a TV interview "..." when I came back from parking the car..." as if it was a distance down the road where they were out of sight and earshot of each other and not just right there near the site.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,994,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Love how the brilliant fiancée wrote “womxn” instead of women. She hates men that much? Oh sorry—White men.

And as the daughter of a mom who had dementia I don’t need her speaking on my mother’s behalf.
Statements like that are why you usually get a third party or a relative outside the "inner circle" to write something for you that is short, sweet, generic, and asks that "their privacy be respected" etc, so that you don't end up with something like this that only fuels the fire of speculation.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't see how he even saw she was shaved there. I'm reading so many different things; he grabbed her, putting nail marks on her wrist; I'm reading she stayed with him then ran. I'm also seeing she some how ran away from him after he originally grabbed her.

The daughter said the dog has a bad leg, can't run. I've read the dog did run after her. I've read she carried the dog.

I've read experienced camper; some say hiker.

Everyone brought up great points about the cactus.

I especially agree, the whole family has had their 15 minutes of fame, go dark and save face. Obviously LE do not believe the attacker story. All they found were her foot prints from everything I've read.
I'm not sure the lack of footprints means much.

If there was a real assailant he may not have come too far out of the woods to leave prints in the dusty campsite.

Plus, the husband was traipsing around for an hour looking for her. He could have obliterated any prints. And, then an hour later 2 deputies showed up. Who knows if they were careful where they walked or even how good they were at analyzing footprints. It was 3 hours before the SAR coordinator showed up.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:54 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,857,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And I have another, very minor, point to bring up. Sheryl stated she tied her dog Miley up by the water hole, and somehow Miley escaped the leash.

When found, this dog was wearing her original collar, and blue ID tag, but apparently with no leash.

How does a dog escape being tied up, where they somehow disconnect their leash but their collar is still intact?
This is actually a good observation. we had a dog who escaped from his tether about a hundred times. Always it was the collar the failed. There really is not much else that can break. Dog could have chewed through the leash, but then the leash would still be on the dog.

Not a critical point but just another instance demonstrating that every single word of her story is a lie.

They say sons tend to marry women similar to their mother. It appears the Fiancee is also a bit loony. Their must be other sites where the people discussing this are realizing every word of her story is false. It is not likely the Fiancee was referring to CD.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Ha...…..well I would want to save my dog, but seems almost impossible.

Which is the whole problem for me with this story. At every point where things could have gone wrong even when she made questionable choices...…..things went perfectly right!

Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Statements like that are why you usually get a third party or a relative outside the "inner circle" to write something for you that is short, sweet, generic, and asks that "their privacy be respected" etc, so that you don't end up with something like this that only fuels the fire of speculation.
I think that's what most people would have done. After being found alive and relatively well, give a news conference and thank everyone involved and ask to respect the privacy of the family and stay off social media for a while.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
This is actually a good observation. we had a dog who escaped from his tether about a hundred times. Always it was the collar the failed. There really is not much else that can break. Dog could have chewed through the leash, but then the leash would still be on the dog.

Not a critical point but just another instance demonstrating that every single word of her story is a lie.

They say sons tend to marry women similar to their mother. It appears the Fiancee is also a bit loony. Their must be other sites where the people discussing this are realizing every word of her story is false. It is not likely the Fiancee was referring to CD.
There was a lot of people questioning things on the INYO County Sheriffs facebook page. I don't know anywhere else its being discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events