Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 11:08 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is that who you'd like to emulate?
a 1000 percent when it comes to devils like this killer..hang his ass high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
a 1000 percent when it comes to devils like this killer..hang his ass high
No sense getting worked up over things you can't control, just resign yourself to living in a country with a joke for a justice system and try not to dwell on it.

Old 08-27-2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
No sense getting worked up over things you can't control, just resign yourself to living in a country with a joke for a justice system and try not to dwell on it.
Yea i can't believe anyone would disagree that this evil maniac needs to be put down. Oh well..it's in God's hands.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:57 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,965,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
So you have no empathy for this man's parents? They didn't raise him to be a monster. THEY see him as having mental health issues, they see him as damaged in some way. They did not look at him as an infant, toddler, school child with evil in his heart. I don't know what made him this way, they probably don't either, but it's a pretty good bet that what they still see is the child they raised and loved, not what he became later.
I don't have to agree with them to understand them, and why they made their plea.
I have zero empathy for his parents. In fact, I despise them and I don't even know them. Also, I understand them as well but that doesn't mean that they are not a sad excuse for a human being. They can have whatever opinion they want. Morons, monsters and criminals all have their opinions. Doesn't mean their opinion is valid, correct or grounded in reality. In this case, his parents are a perfect example of people that should never be allowed to breed. They are extremely delusional people that live inside their little dreamland where "no one that is family can do any wrong." These types of people are a "high risk to society." This is because its delusional beliefs like his parents that lead to people justifying heinous crimes they commit or their family commits. If this "man" was my son I would gladly put a bullet in the back of his head myself and sleep like a baby on the same night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is that who you'd like to emulate?
Part of being objective/logical is having the ability to separate personal feelings from facts about a situation so you can have an unbiased view. When it comes to Saudi Arabia, 90% of what they do are things I would never implement when setting up a government. However, their sentencing process (not their entire justice system) is a model that has been proven to work and is one of the best models in existence in the modern world. I think the USA would see a sharp decrease crime if we mirrored the Saudi sentencing process.

Old 08-27-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
I have zero empathy for his parents. In fact, I despise them and I don't even know them. Also, I understand them as well but that doesn't mean that they are not a sad excuse for a human being. They can have whatever opinion they want. Morons, monsters and criminals all have their opinions. Doesn't mean their opinion is valid, correct or grounded in reality. In this case, his parents are a perfect example of people that should never be allowed to breed. They are extremely delusional people that live inside their little dreamland where "no one that is family can do any wrong." These types of people are a "high risk to society." This is because its delusional beliefs like his parents that lead to people justifying heinous crimes they commit or their family commits. If this "man" was my son I would gladly put a bullet in the back of his head myself and sleep like a baby on the same night.

Part of being objective/logical is having the ability to separate personal feelings from facts about a situation so you can have an unbiased view. When it comes to Saudi Arabia, 90% of what they do are things I would never implement when setting up a government. However, their sentencing process (not their entire justice system) is a model that has been proven to work and is one of the best models in existence in the modern world. I think the USA would see a sharp decrease crime if we mirrored the Saudi sentencing process.
Saudi Arabia bases its justice system strictly on Sharia law. I respect Islam. I may not agree with aspects of it..but it is none of my business in how they run their countries. I am not amnesty international. If one fears the justice system in Saudi Arabia, then simply do not go there. Having said that...if the murderer is offered by the victims family, to pay blood money to them, he can avoid being executed. If not...the prisoner will be executed in the public square by beheading. Sometimes their headless bodies will be on display for a few days thereafter.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 08-27-2019 at 10:49 PM..

Old 08-29-2019, 12:48 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,757,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Never understood why the families' statements - victim or perpetrator - is considered a relevant part of court proceedings. The entire idea of having a court system is to have an unfeeling, unemotional machinery take over, because it's the only way to ensure equality before the law.
Wow, I really disagree with that. Court proceedings are theater, and the attorney who puts on the best show wins. We have victims make impact statements at sentencing so they can bring the judge back to earth after days or weeks of testimony about timelines, blood spatter, DNA and ugly-a$$ Bruno Magli shoes so the sentence is fairer to them. We also have the defendant's family act as character witnesses to remind us that the guy isn't just a demon in a button-down shirt; he's a good employee and a family man too. All of that is real and it's all worth considering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events