Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:24 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times

Advertisements

[quote=ClaraC;55886954]
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post

Again, once I got to the "death penalty", I stopped reading.

And man, it seems you wrote a lot after that.

I'm not against the death penalty. Sorry you had to waste your time with so many more words since you're not reading mine.
That's ok...some of us will harbor love and compassion for the victim and her family. We will never forget her...and we will keep her tucked away in our hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,614 posts, read 17,940,183 times
The quoted posts in this thread have gone cattywampus.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
I've followed this story from the beginning. His trial was held not far from where I live. He was also captured on the wiretap telling his girlfriend that he killed 13 people, but there is no evidence of that. I feel so sorry for her parents. They are still in the U.S. and they just unveiled a memorial for Yingying in Champaign. Her remains will never be found, which only increases the pain her parents are going through. I really hope he gets the death penalty, and this is a federal case, Illinois abolished the death penalty.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:37 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Again, once I got to the "death penalty", I stopped reading.

And man, it seems you wrote a lot after that.

I'm not against the death penalty. Sorry you had to waste your time with so many more words since you're not reading mine.
Just stop it, you are obviously against the death penalty. I for one don't agree with you.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:16 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems to me that there are people who want to wish horrible, ghastly things on to other people. They just have a rage personality, and they want to witness suffering and wish suffering on others.
I don't wish horrible, ghastly things done to this monster, much as he would deserve it. I simply want him gone. Purged from the face of the earth. Killed, as expeditiously as possible. He does not deserve to breathe the same air as we do, not after what he did to that poor young woman. There is no reason for him to be allowed to exist.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:50 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
The parents should be equally responsible for not recognizing the signs. They are trying to appeal to a group that believes that they can abdicate responsibility.
No, they shouldn't. Unless there's evidence of abuse by them or they're hiding something about his past, they may very well be as shocked by this as everyone else. They're parents, not mental health care professionals.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:10 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
From what I read, this killer is likely faring pretty well in prison based on what I read about him and his personality traits. More then likely he is probably content with day to day life in prison. He was recorded as laughing and boasting to his ex about the murderous act while committing it. He has never expressed remorse or compassion. I doubt he is suffering mentally based especially on the article below:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...n6u-story.html

That just tells me that me that he is certainly evil, and as wicked as a man can be. He has no place amongst the civilized...definitely a demon in human form.
You have no idea how he feels about prison. His biggest thrill has been taken from him. The old Western movie quote, "Hanging is too good for him." applies here. He may manage to kill someone in prison, but it just wouldn't be as satisfying as being able to dismember someone.

Since it seems that he is intelligent and has been a good student, perhaps he will be given the chance to teach something to his fellow inmates. Some of them will eventually be released, and I'd like the best possible outcome.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:10 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
I googled the killer's name to see what he looked like. Nearly every photo that exists online with his image has his victim's photo right next to his as a 2-for-1 special. I wish they would stop doing this. Victim's families must be aghast that their loved ones' images are being involuntarily permanently attached to the monsters that took their lives. I wish they would stop doing this - in many cases, the victim had nothing to do with their predator/murderer, but will forever be paired with some vile being's mug like some sick forced coupling.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:45 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You have no idea how he feels about prison. His biggest thrill has been taken from him. The old Western movie quote, "Hanging is too good for him." applies here. He may manage to kill someone in prison, but it just wouldn't be as satisfying as being able to dismember someone.

Since it seems that he is intelligent and has been a good student, perhaps he will be given the chance to teach something to his fellow inmates. Some of them will eventually be released, and I'd like the best possible outcome.
I get that you would like to see him succeed and be rehabilitated in prison. That's commendable. But I wonder if he has the ability to any good deeds. Or moreover, the desire to do good. Lets keep in mind that he laughed and boasted when describing the murder to his girlfriend. This is a very evil man who enjoyed torturing and murdering his victim. You speak of the killer in a kind and compassionate manner. Some people feel this way about killers. I don't think he will survive long in prison if and when he is placed into general population. I think he will remain in protective custody for the rest of his life though. I am sure he would meet the same fate that Jeffrey Dahmer met, otherwise.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
I don't support cruel and unusual punishment either, but we really should "unplush" our America prisons. Inmates are treated better than our loved ones in nursing homes. And let's face it, no one is going to waltz into one of our prisons and start shooting inmates. They are better protected than America's children.

51,000 New York State prisoners receive personal laptop computers with which to email their families and listen to music. Those computers should have gone to our schools instead... or to adult care centers... or to our veterans.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/01/us/ne...rnd/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events