Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 12:10 AM

3,843 posts, read 1,788,855 times

Advertisements

I really think the reason the U.S. isn't testing is purposeful to keep our numbers down. Trump lied yesterday saying we only had 15 cases.

No--- we have confirmed 60 cases.

But its worrisome how many people may have this virus and not know because no testing.

Old 02-28-2020, 01:39 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,703,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I really think the reason the U.S. isn't testing is purposeful to keep our numbers down. Trump lied yesterday saying we only had 15 cases.

But its worrisome how many people may have this virus and not know because no testing.
Why does the CDC website still list 445 as the number of tests performed? That was the total 24 hours ago! Also, why did they stop.reporting the number of people under investigation?

Have they stopped distributing/updating information?

Old 02-28-2020, 02:22 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,785,266 times
I suspect that they've been told they have to clear everything with Pence (Trump) before release of information, and so they're paralysed. Also, they haven't distributed test kits across the country. Despite a six week warning, we've done NOTHING to prepare for this, and now it's spreading across the country.

Old 02-28-2020, 03:01 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,966,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Why does the CDC website still list 445 as the number of tests performed? That was the total 24 hours ago! Also, why did they stop.reporting the number of people under investigation?

Have they stopped distributing/updating information?
CDC has been gutted in the recent budgets by the Trump administration. Other countries have far more tests performed.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Israel vaccine looks promising. Three more weeks of testing, then 90 days to get it out to the public.
I'm not sure I'd want to take a new, untested vaccine. Anyone else?

Both political parties will use this virus (and us) to further their agenda. That's sick.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
CDC has been gutted in the recent budgets by the Trump administration. Other countries have far more tests performed.
Did congress pass those cuts?

Old 02-28-2020, 04:34 AM

7,188 posts, read 9,325,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
I suspect that they've been told they have to clear everything with Pence (Trump) before release of information, and so they're paralysed. Also, they haven't distributed test kits across the country. Despite a six week warning, we've done NOTHING to prepare for this, and now it's spreading across the country.

"If you want to talk about what could make a progressive win the presidency it couldn’t be a better constellation than this: an epidemic, an economic downturn, a broad sense of public anxiety, and an incumbent looking small. Especially if the progressive says he stands for one big thing, health care for everyone."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-i...=hp_opin_pos_3

Old 02-28-2020, 04:36 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Oh, this is BAD!!!!! This is the same thing as China. This is not how our country is supposed to work. This is totalitarianism, with glacial response central rule, a sure recipe for disaster. Pence isn't coordinating a response - he's coordinating propaganda.
That's cool. Pence can suck it. I get most of my global news from Singapore (English) News Network on YouTube. You can use the SG public health agency research and POV as a barometer.

It's 2020 they can't hide the truth anymore.

Old 02-28-2020, 04:42 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

I got flu and didn't bother to ask because I know they would not test me for it. I don't meet the criteria. I just have to assume because my Wife isn't sick that it's just "standard" Influenza.

This is why I want to leave the US at some point because they are not proactive enough. If I was in Malaysia I would be able to get tested immediately.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:05 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
OK I stand corrected. Thanks for the tip. A few places are as careless as you are about basic border surveillance. We now see how idiotic it is. I have only been to Russia, Finland, Turkey, Switzerland ,Austria, Germany Italy, Slovenia, Hungry, Costa Rica, Panama , Bahamas, Mexico , and Canada. I guess I missed landing in idiot land.

So thanks His the list:

Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Macau and South Korea

Easy solution : Ban travel from these moronic countries and their polices that can only aid in global pandemics during any pandemic.

Now we are back to knowing where you traveled by air.
I don’t think your post is correct. It’s out of control in Iran and they have very strict borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events