Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2020, 08:34 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
That’s why it would be easy to do one in nyc.
The issue is that most people with autoimmune disease are sheltering in place. Their risk of exposure is small.

Studies with hydroxychloroquine are being done in health care workers taking care of COVID-19 patients. That will get results sooner.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That happens to me with cat food. They love a new brand, can't get enough...then I buy a mega supply and they don't want anything to do with it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Tell me about it! I'm sick of wasted food that the cats refuse to eat.

You guys need to find a cat-food buddy or two, so that when your cat refuses to eat what you've bought, you can swap cat food with someone else whose cat is being fussy about their food.

If that doesn't work, try swapping the cats

Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
I share your excitement about going to the dentist. I went today for a cleaning that had been postponed from mid-April. They did a temperature check with a forehead thermometer and asked me to fill out a questionnaire about any possible exposure to COVID-19, as well as any physical symptoms I might have. My temperature was 97.0 and I had no symptoms or contact with anyone who has been sick.

The hygienist was double masked with a plastic shield, gowned, and gloved. I had to wait quite a while, but they're probably still figuring out how long it takes to change PPE and clean everything between appointments.

Driving to that appointment felt like I was out of prison! Working from home has been great, but I didn't realize how cooped up I was feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I haven't seen my daughter since January or my S.O. and my cat and his dog since February, and it will be a while before I do see any of them again.

But I will see my dentist! They called today to say that my appointment that was scheduled for May 28 back in March is still on because they will be opening for more than just emergencies. I am very excited to see the dentist. LOL. Isn't that sad?

Old 05-20-2020, 09:20 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,122,671 times
Israeli inventors creates a mask that allows you to eat without taking it off. You can close it to chew.

https://twitter.com/NBCDFW/status/1262566379343003652

Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
They fit my face perfectly. They are 100% waterproof. I tested it myself. No droplets will get through, zero. That means I'm protected. It's highly unlikely your masks can pass a water test. Which means you are not protected.

These are the exact same type of masks that are worn by billions of people in Asia. Those countries all have COVID-19 death rates ranging from 0 to 6. In comparison the US with most people wearing homemade masks, the death rate is 286. Death rate of 0 to 6 vs 286. My choice is 0 to 6.
Mine are waterproof as well, at least the filter portion. Obviously the cloth is not, but the filter is completely waterproof.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:12 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,574,670 times
Default And yet another idiot refuses to wear a mask

This moron tries to shame a Costco worker because he was asked to wear a mask. Like the other Karen, the idiot tries to film it and show it to his claimed 3000 followers. The moron had his cart taken away and not allowed to buy anything. Moron claims his freedom is being taken away but fails to realize he is free to not wear a mask, but Costco is free not to serve him.
Go Costco!

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/costc...gzPrW3561SvIau

Old 05-20-2020, 11:22 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
hahaha idiot

Old 05-21-2020, 01:26 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Israeli inventors creates a mask that allows you to eat without taking it off. You can close it to chew.

https://twitter.com/NBCDFW/status/1262566379343003652
LOL, that is probably the most pointless invention of all time.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:09 AM

2,302 posts, read 1,522,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I haven't seen my daughter since January or my S.O. and my cat and his dog since February, and it will be a while before I do see any of them again.

But I will see my dentist! They called today to say that my appointment that was scheduled for May 28 back in March is still on because they will be opening for more than just emergencies. I am very excited to see the dentist. LOL. Isn't that sad?
It is quite amusing what can get interesting when you are restricted. I remember early on being excited as I had a dermatologist appointment to remove stitches from a skin cancer removal and the next day a visit to the physio. Then things really went downhill when I was pleased that I needed to do some clothes washing as it was something to do.

We are starting to move out of isolation but quite a few of our friends are still being a bit cautious about meeting up. So I was really excited when friends asked us to dinner for next weekend. Then we were all excited a couple of days ago when we learnt that intrastate travel will restart on June 1st. Then came the reality that is nowhere much we want to go anyway.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:29 AM

8,394 posts, read 3,489,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
It is quite amusing what can get interesting when you are restricted. I remember early on being excited as I had a dermatologist appointment to remove stitches from a skin cancer removal and the next day a visit to the physio. Then things really went downhill when I was pleased that I needed to do some clothes washing as it was something to do.

We are starting to move out of isolation but quite a few of our friends are still being a bit cautious about meeting up. So I was really excited when friends asked us to dinner for next weekend. Then we were all excited a couple of days ago when we learnt that intrastate travel will restart on June 1st. Then came the reality that is nowhere much we want to go anyway.
I'm also in Australia. I haven't felt restricted on a day-to-day level because my hobby is genealogy and it keeps me very happily occupied for hours and hours every day, and has for several years. I'm not bothered about being able to travel within the state - as you say not really anywhere I want to go.

However, I live about 90 minutes south of the Qld/NSW border, and my daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren (6 and 3) live in Brisbane. I normally see them every two or three months - but haven't seen them since Christmas. So I'm kinda annoyed that Annastacia wants to keep her border closed until possibly September Hopefully Gladys can convince her to open up sooner, so I can see my grandkids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events